Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeFor SaleQuestionsRaw Comics For SaleWant to Buy

SUPERMAN: SON OF KAL-EL #516229

Collector hogan36 private msg quote post Address this user
Why is there a reprint being done on SUPERMAN: SON OF KAL-EL #5? They didn't sell out as far as I see. Maybe I'm missing or not understanding something.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Selling out an issue is the #1 reason to make a reprint -usually with a fancy pants variant
Post 2 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogan36
Why is there a reprint being done on SUPERMAN: SON OF KAL-EL #5? They didn't sell out as far as I see. Maybe I'm missing or not understanding something.

1) Sometimes they assume they'll sell out based on something specific happening, but then learn people really don't care about/don't like that something (that's the problem with announcing things before the issues are on sale).

2) pre-planned variants

I've seen a number of times a stack of second prints standing next to a stack of first prints at my LCS.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector sleeperbat private msg quote post Address this user
I think they are reprinting most of the issues of that series. With like color splash covers.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
I don't think they always announce a sellout. Most of the ones I hear about are usually ones that happen before or on release day. Since this issue is part of the whole bisexual reveal they have likely seen something in the numbers or market that provoked the second printing.
Post 5 IP   flag post
600870 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?