Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

I think this sums it up...16212

Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
I just realized I have so many better things called comic books I could be reading, other than a study in bigotry and hatred.

Bigotry and hatred would indicate that people don't acknowledge the nuance and detail that differentiates one situation from another. They have the same consistent negative response, regardless of the details. You acknowledge in your example below that this is not the case, not every character transformation is resisted simply on the grounds of Bigotry.

Quote:
Keep pondering the Frank Miller series, Dark Knight Returns, where he changed Robin to a woman, Carrie Kelley. Noone said a word and the story went on to become recognized pretty much by most as one of the better Batman stores ever written.......where was the rending of clothes and tearing of hair and gnashing of teeth then?

You refuse to even consider the idea that there are differences in situational nuance and detail which could explain peoples inconsistent reaction. With your "where were the complainers when..?" examples you repeatedly insist that the difference in reaction is a sign of bigotry, when in fact CONSISTENCY in negative reaction would be the true sign of bigotry. And then you try to back it up with the absurdly unscientific "observation" that people are just less accepting in 2021 than they were in 1986. I do find it ironic however, that with the very example you choose, you exhibit the exact trait that you apply to those who disagree with you.
Post 126 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrashSmurf
I fear with all the Wrong people pushing for LGBTQ will hurt us in the community who just want to go on with our day and ignore all the nonsense.

@BrashSmurf I think many of us in various walks of life would agree that our belief systems are being egregiously misrepresented by the loudest and most extreme voices on the internet.
Post 127 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
I just realized I have so many better things called comic books I could be reading, other than a study in bigotry and hatred.

Bigotry and hatred would indicate that people don't acknowledge the nuance and detail that differentiates one situation from another. They have the same consistent negative response, regardless of the details. You acknowledge in your example below that this is not the case, not every character transformation is resisted simply on the grounds of Bigotry.

Quote:
Keep pondering the Frank Miller series, Dark Knight Returns, where he changed Robin to a woman, Carrie Kelley. Noone said a word and the story went on to become recognized pretty much by most as one of the better Batman stores ever written.......where was the rending of clothes and tearing of hair and gnashing of teeth then?

You refuse to even consider the idea that there are differences in situational nuance and detail which could explain peoples inconsistent reaction. With your "where were the complainers when..?" examples you repeatedly insist that the difference in reaction is a sign of bigotry, when in fact CONSISTENCY in negative reaction would be the true sign of bigotry. And then you try to back it up with the absurdly unscientific "observation" that people are just less accepting in 2021 than they were in 1986. I do find it ironic however, that with the very example you choose, you exhibit the exact trait that you apply to those who disagree with you.
I am delighted we agree..the consistency in negative action is a true sign of bigotry...and watching people trying now to use special pleading and arguing extenuating circumstances is utterly amusing.
Hats off to you though..you again attempted an insult in closing..while screaming bigotry towards others no less
Post 128 IP   flag post
Oh and incidentally see how your argument plays out vs the original context of the post and how woke folks are causing issues.
Post 129 IP   flag post
Quote:
you again attempted an insult in closing..while screaming bigotry towards others no less

The "screaming bigotry towards others" statement is bothering me a bit, I hope you will clarify what you meant.
Post 130 IP   flag post

Post 131 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia

Something about "We can disagree without it being a personal attack". and "We can debate without demeaning others" might make it so one poster cannot clarify and only imply about another poster without getting a vacation.
Post 132 IP   flag post
607106 132 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?