Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Are any of the new 52 #1's worth owning?1619

Collector rckstr1253 private msg quote post Address this user
I don't know if this has been asked but are any of the new 52 #1's worth picking up? Will any of them retain their value long term? I am not meaning as investing in them but take for example the batman 52 #1, I love the cover and would like to own it but is it worth owning it when you can buy the batman rebirth #1? With the new Batman rebirth #1, will the new 52 batman #1 continue to decline in price? I don't have unlimited funds nor room for all these comics, so I am trying to decide what is the long term better one to own?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Jaydknight private msg quote post Address this user
If you're a fan of the character, then I would pick them up if you're just looking to collect for personal value. However, the only ones of value that I've seen go more than the usual $6-12 each at Cons is the Batman New 52 #1 including all the 2nd and 3rd printings etc.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Lunarshade private msg quote post Address this user
I agree just buy what you like unless you are investing. That way you will be happy no matter what.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Deadpoolica private msg quote post Address this user
Batman 1 new52 is the only one worth buying
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
What about #21 with first app of Duke Thomas?@rckstr1253 Buy what you like and you will not be disappointed. You can also buy the trades. I missed the boat on the Batman new 52 so I bought it in trades. I am happy with that.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Kinzebac private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpoolica

This
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector rckstr1253 private msg quote post Address this user
Well I want to buy a batman #1 for my collection andbwith the golden age out of my price range I have opportunity to purchase either the new 52 #1 or rebirth #1. Batman is my favorite DC hero so I figure it's time to plunge into one or the other. I only need one batman #1 for my collection.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Lunarshade private msg quote post Address this user
As far as the New 52 goes I also believe the Jessica Cruz appearances as Green Lantern may be worth speculating on. Both New 52 and Rebirth are great just get the Rebirth now. The new 52 Batman is really hot right now because it goes along with the storyline on Gotham TV show.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@Lunarshade I agree. Jessica Cruz 1st app would be a good one. I really like Green Lanterns right now that she is part of. Good art and story. I could see bigger roles for both characters in the future. I forgot the guys name based in Dearborn, Mi.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
What about Detective #1? I like it.

Post 10 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Wolverine private msg quote post Address this user

Still loving this addition to the collection
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector cjbehr948 private msg quote post Address this user
Batman. Always Batman. Last I saw it was going for about $150 raw on a good day.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunarshade
As far as the New 52 goes I also believe the Jessica Cruz appearances as Green Lantern may be worth speculating on. Both New 52 and Rebirth are great just get the Rebirth now. The new 52 Batman is really hot right now because it goes along with the storyline on Gotham TV show.

Sometimes, you just got to have the patience to dig. I didn't even post my graded one. I wonder if CBCS is going to fix that 1st Cameo Appearance from JL #30

Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
@Lunarshade I agree. Jessica Cruz 1st app would be a good one. I really like Green Lanterns right now that she is part of. Good art and story. I could see bigger roles for both characters in the future. I forgot the guys name based in Dearborn, Mi.

SIMON BAZ
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinzebac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpoolica

This

I went heavy on Batman #43, Mr. Bloom. I need to pick up some "White Rabbit" just to be safe.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Does anyone know what is Simon Baz's first appearance? Thanks @Gabriel85301
Post 16 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
new52 Batman #1 has been dropping like a rock and I don't think it's hit bottom yet. That was "The" book to have however now I would just pick up what you're interested in and not be worried about value retention. If you do, you'll be disappointed.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:

The New 52 Free Comic Book Day Special Edition #1 (May 2012)

Post 18 IP   flag post
@Gabriel85301 No kidding. I will keep my eye out for one. Thanks
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector willieCPA4646 private msg quote post Address this user
I generally did not care for the whole "New 52" series, and, based on the recent DC re-re-reboot, neither did many of the readers.
I subscribe to Superman directly through DC Subscriptions, but I still have to get through the last leg of the series (Gene Yang's series). I actually jumped ahead to the post 52 version of Superman (Peter Tomasi and Pat Gleason with Mick Gray - remember, it's a bi-weekly book now.), which IMO is a pretty good series.
The 52 series I really did like, though, was Amethyst(the comic was actually titles Sword of Sorcery featuring Amethyst) by Christy Marx and Aaron Lopresti). Unfortunately, the book didn't sell very well and was finished up in eight issues.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckstr1253
Well I want to buy a batman #1 for my collection andbwith the golden age out of my price range I have opportunity to purchase either the new 52 #1 or rebirth #1. Batman is my favorite DC hero so I figure it's time to plunge into one or the other. I only need one batman #1 for my collection.

Well, you could also go with Detective Comics #27 --> http://www.ebay.com/itm/DETECTIVE-COMICS-27-SPECIAL-EDITION-CGC-9-8-RARE-GRADED-ISSUE-/142209146584?hash=item211c535ed8:g:kkIAAOSw4GVYMnOP
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector Jaydknight private msg quote post Address this user
@Tedsaid any reason that guy has it listed as "Rare"? I didn't know that was a rare one.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydknight
@Tedsaid any reason that guy has it listed as "Rare"? I didn't know that was a rare one.

I'm guessing it's "rare" as a graded 9.8? Or it could just be marketing. :-)
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector Mathyus_42 private msg quote post Address this user
Here is my signed Batman #1 variant cover.
Post 24 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Suicide Squad got a bit of a bump in the lead-up to the movie but the prices quickly fell a bit after its release.

The Harley Quinn Hughes cover is still holding up, probably in anticipation of the Gotham City Sirens/Harley Quinn movie coming up (which I just learned will also be directed by Ayer, ugh).

Post 25 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Apparently the Batman VIP Studio Tour cover isn't too shabby either

Probably a bump due to its proximity to Batman #1, but I think I got a free copy that I didn't think much of at the time. I might dig it up and and hopefully I didn't roll it up to squash bugs or something
Post 26 IP   flag post
I loved the Wonderwoman Steampunk variant cover, but to pay $300+ for a copy? I'll pass..
Post 27 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
300 seems a bit steep for a 1:25 variant. One would think that price would settle
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Batman #1 -
all prints/variants, except the Walmart reprint.
Why?...because it's a fan favorite artist/writer team... Batman story from first 10 or so issues used in Gotham.

Green Lantern #0 -
1st Simon Baz (key Rebirth character) all variants, the regular #0 cover isn't that tough

Katana #1 -
Possible use in the BOP/HQ movie, and there's always Suicide Squad sequels.This book was selling for $50-$100 raw about a year ago, print run was pretty low and the SS movie hype drove prices up.Slabbed 9.8's were at least $250 (sold per GPA).
It's dropped now, but I expect it'll trend upwards again as more movie confirmations/announcments involving Katana are made.

Harley Quinn# 1-
Already discussed

Suicide Squad #1 - 1st, 2nd and the limited variant-
Suicide Squad 2 flick,BOP/HQ movie, continuity/very popular character in Harley, etc etc

JLA-
1st issue as there is talk the movie may be based on the first storyline, although it seems more likely the movie will be based on JLA # 183-185 (1980's books), to me.

+

1st Grail issues/variants...1st jessica Cruz cameos & full 1st app
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel85301
Quote:

The New 52 Free Comic Book Day Special Edition #1 (May 2012)

This is more of a preview (cash grab) book than a first appearance.GreenLantern # 0 (new 52) is Baz's 1st app, which is commonly accepted.
Post 30 IP   flag post
616666 30 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?