Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Want to Buy

San Diego, local comic shop recommendations.16183

I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
My family and I will will be in San Diego next weekend and was hoping for recommendations for a few comic book stores. My favorite so far is Southern California Comics, It's amazing! It has tons and tons of vintage comic books, but that's just one. I would like other suggestions, I am looking for Gold, Silver and Bronze age mostly.

I appreciate your time.
Post 1 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
No one goes to San Diego? I go to the San Diego Comic-con but I love San Diego as a vacation spot. It will be my Birthday weekend, That's why I'm going there. Anyway, Still hoping for suggestions.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Comics N Stuff has seven locations in San Diego, but the one in San Diego’s east county is the largest. The store has a huge selection of comic books, both newly released, back issues and harder to find comics. They also have a large selection of collectibles, toys, apparel, trading cards, DVDs, etc. and an adult section. The great staff is very knowledgeable and helpful.

1020 El Cajon Blvd.
El Cajon, 92020

My best experience was here, the Comics n Stuff on El Cajon Blvd. That's where they keep the good stuff. I met the owner there and he gave me a 10% discount for cash.
Post 3 IP   flag post
That's great thanks @EbayMafia, I will be sure to check it out. I have to tell you as far as size and quantity/quality of books, it will be very had to beat Southern California Comics but I am looking forward to checking out your recommendation.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I haven’t been here in person, but this is the shop I traded a handful of my premium books with to acquire my AF 15. They seem to carry good stuff.

SoCal Comics

8280 Clairemont Mesa Bl #124
San Diego, CA 92111
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
That's great thanks @EbayMafia, I will be sure to check it out. I have to tell you as far as size and quantity/quality of books, it will be very had to beat Southern California Comics but I am looking forward to checking out your recommendation.

Aaaaand I just saw you mentioned them. 😆
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Quote:

Aaaaand I just saw you mentioned them. 😆

It’s cool. In know socal comics will be hard to beat.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector SGT_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
I used to travel to San Diego on business pretty regularly, and I second Southern California Comics and Comics n Stuff on El Cajon. Depending on what you're looking for, Galactic Comics has a pretty wide selection of some less common stuff, although you may really have to dig to get it. It's in a touristy area down by the coast on 4981 Newport Ave, San Diego, CA 92107. He's got some boxes of better stuff at the counter and is super helpful if you ask.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT_Comics
I used to travel to San Diego on business pretty regularly, and I second Southern California Comics and Comics n Stuff on El Cajon. Depending on what you're looking for, Galactic Comics has a pretty wide selection of some less common stuff, although you may really have to dig to get it. It's in a touristy area down by the coast on 4981 Newport Ave, San Diego, CA 92107. He's got some boxes of better stuff at the counter and is super helpful if you ask.

I am just looking for stores to spend some time looking for any gold nuggets I can mine. Thanks for the tip!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Comics N Stuff has seven locations in San Diego, but the one in San Diego’s east county is the largest. The store has a huge selection of comic books, both newly released, back issues and harder to find comics. They also have a large selection of collectibles, toys, apparel, trading cards, DVDs, etc. and an adult section. The great staff is very knowledgeable and helpful.

1020 El Cajon Blvd.
El Cajon, 92020

My best experience was here, the Comics n Stuff on El Cajon Blvd. That's where they keep the good stuff. I met the owner there and he gave me a 10% discount for cash.

We went to this store and it had some awesome non comic stuff. My wife bought a Dr. Who Ramen bowl and one of my sons bought as Figuarts Yoshi figure and my other son bought a manga. Although it was great, their GA & SA superhero comics were a little slim but We all enjoyed going there and will be back again.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
We all enjoyed going there and will be back again.

It's one of those unique old spots that you figure you are probably going to like it as soon as you pull into the parking lot.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia, I think it looked kinda sketchy when we pulled up but it was way better on the inside than it looked on the outside.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
@EbayMafia, I think it looked kinda sketchy when we pulled up but it was way better on the inside than it looked on the outside.

Agreed, but the sketchy looking places that have been around for a long time are where I've had the best luck finding value.
Post 13 IP   flag post
601225 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?