Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

Diamond Distribution hit by ransomeware attack.16148

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
pcmag article

In the MCS newsletter tonight Conan said ... the big news this week is that long-time comic distributor Diamond Comics was hit by a ransomware attack this past weekend. They have since dealt with the problem, but it knocked their systems offline for a couple of days, long enough to delay shipments to retailers."
Post 1 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Soooooo.....situation normal??
Post 2 IP   flag post
Maybe they just like me better. Nah, that's not it. BPaxson002 private msg quote post Address this user
Did the comic shops notice diamond's shipments where late?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
It's just another day at the office.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Do the ransomware attacks also affect the condition of the comics when they arrive?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
In related news, apparently eGerber was also the subject of a ransomware attack. I don't have any news articles but I noticed their web site was down the other day so I emailed and asked. Means eGerber stuff will be becoming very scarce soon.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector kidhuman private msg quote post Address this user
In other news, water is wet.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by xvipah
In related news, apparently eGerber was also the subject of a ransomware attack. I don't have any news articles but I noticed their web site was down the other day so I emailed and asked. Means eGerber stuff will be becoming very scarce soon.

Hard to imagine that anyone would look at the eGerber site and decide they would be a good candidate to make electronic payments for a ransom attack. Who's next, Doug Sulipa Comic World?
http://dougcomicworld.com/
Post 8 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
This is exactly why I am happy that the dashboard we see and log into is separate from CBCS internal systems and tracking. While is doesn't prevent some nefarious character from getting in, it does reduce the vulnerability.
Post 9 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia
Ransomware although yes sometimes they target folks, they also go by the luck of the draw by who clicks their links. They get a lot of folks on personal home machines who don't do backups and such.
Post 10 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
...long enough to delay shipments to retailers."

And in other news... no one noticed a difference.

Post 11 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by xvipah

Hard to imagine that anyone would look at the eGerber site and decide they would be a good candidate to make electronic payments for a ransom attack. Who's next, Doug Sulipa Comic World?

lol!!!

Sadly there are some things I like about Dougs site more than Chucks!! - guess the ransomware would have to be uploaded on punch cards or something for their sites!!!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
My guess would be what Bronte said. Someone that works there clicked the wrong link on an email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia

Post 13 IP   flag post
600861 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?