Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

National Book Store Avengers have arrived16146

Maybe they just like me better. Nah, that's not it. BPaxson002 private msg quote post Address this user
So I picked up those 5 NBS Avengers I mentioned in my last post. Fairly nice books, save for the fact someone did some improvements on the covers.

My main question is how to list them in the CLZ. Here is the first issue:

Do you think it should be 142C (where the 30C is 142B) or would you think it should be 142NBS for National Book Store?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
You also have Mark Jewelers versions and there is not an official variant numbering. I’d list as National Book Store variant as MCS does. Absolute zero confusion on the buyers part.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I like to google names that have been written on comic book covers. I will bet $10 that this is the Ramon Gil who doodled on you cover, now an actual comic book artist:

https://www.ramongil.com/

And you have one of his early autographs.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Maybe they just like me better. Nah, that's not it. BPaxson002 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
I like to google names that have been written on comic book covers. I will bet $10 that this is the Ramon Gil who doodled on you cover, now an actual comic book artist:

https://www.ramongil.com/

And you have one of his early autographs.

When my brain wakes up later in the day (almost 5 am at this post) I will see if there is a communication link on his page and send him the photo. Will post what he says, if he does.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
142 NBS, National Book Store in variant name. I separate out my NBS and Goodwill books as a separate collection of Filipino books. I also have Atlas and other publishers in there. I’m thinking about including South East Asia editions, as well.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
If selling, I would be interested
Post 6 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@BPaxson002 - No idea how to list them on CLZ. I think this Batman is my only National Book Store variant.

Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I’d just see what the last variant in CLZ Core for that issue is, increment the variant by one letter then change the Variant name to “National Bookstore Variant”

But everyone organizes their collection differently
Post 8 IP   flag post
600792 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?