Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Shout out to MCS packaging!16115

Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Good job MCS!! packing was great!!

Sorry no pics of the packaging - just got my first slabs that I won at auction from MCS - packing was superb!!! nice box for each slab, then foam corner inserts and of course paper packing too! - just great!

both books safe and sound - also - both should get bumps if I re-submit - looks like stacking indents? long book length dents only noticeable if you hold at an angle to the light

Post 1 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
God job MCS!! packing was great!!

Sorry no pics of the packaging - just got my first slabs that I won at auction from MCS - packing was superb!!! nice box for each slab, then foam corner inserts and of course paper packing too! - just great!

both books safe and sound - also - both should get bumps if I re-submit - looks like stacking indents? long book length dents only noticeable if you hold at an angle to the light

@KatKomics - while I am a big fan of their packaging, “God” like my be a slight exaggeration.
Post 2 IP   flag post
@Scifinator whoopsie daisy!!! missed a letter there!!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Both those books are excellent! And if they have some light indentations, that should likely come out with a pressing. BONUS!!
Post 4 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
MCS rocks
Post 5 IP   flag post
Maybe they just like me better. Nah, that's not it. BPaxson002 private msg quote post Address this user
Hopefully their packing for raw books is as impressive. Will be getting one from them in a week or so.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Both those books are excellent! And if they have some light indentations, that should likely come out with a pressing. BONUS!!

thanks!
that's the hope with the TT#44...I already have 2 directs at 9.4 and 9.6 (9.4 verified Perez and Wolfman) so I "needed" a news stand - lol!
Post 7 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPaxson002
Hopefully their packing for raw books is as impressive. Will be getting one from them in a week or so.

@BPaxson002 It will be, all the books will be bagged and boarded, inside a plastic bag, with the foam corner inserts. Sometimes I get peanut packing and sometimes it’s paper packing, but it is good packaging.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Maybe they just like me better. Nah, that's not it. BPaxson002 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdoes10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPaxson002

@BPaxson002 It will be, all the books will be bagged and boarded, inside a plastic bag, with the foam corner inserts. Sometimes I get peanut packing and sometimes it’s paper packing, but it is good packaging.

It is all good. I have a guy out NC who does both for one book or 10. This is just my first MCS purchase for a book that will either be a personal grail of mine or mediocre book.
Post 9 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
MCS is basically my only source of comics right now. I get a box of comics from MCS once a month with my preorders and any other comics I might buy from them. All I buy right now are raw comics. I choose the cheapest shipping rate. It can take up to a week to get them, but I've never had any comics damaged by shipping from them. I highly recommend MCS to people for a number of reasons and secure shipping is one of them.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
I do pretty much the exact same thing as Jesse now. Aside from random auctions at MCS or other places I may grab a book here or there, it's all just raws from MCS. That include pre-orders, monthly pulls, and stuff I want to buy/own (got the full Crossover and Nocterra series last month, getting a few of "The Long Halloween" original books this month). Packaging is always top-notch.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@BPaxson002 - it is.
Post 12 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
I have been getting most of my pre-orders/Subscriptions from Thing From Another World (TFAW.COM).

They have good packaging, and I have not had any problems with damaged books (So Far).
Post 13 IP   flag post
@Scifinator @zdoes10

Got my book, not what I was hoping for (my fault, not theirs)

Single book in a 3 mil poly bag and board. Enclosed in a 5 mill magazine bag with invoice. Taped to a single piece of cardboard and then placed in a gemini mailer without being taped down. Comic was shifting in the mailer but no sign of shipping damage.
Post 14 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics Awesome books man!!

Only good things from MCS...I don't think I've ever heard a negative review about them.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
I haven't bought much from MCS yet, but I concur with all the positives. The books I bought were just what asked for and packaging was first-rate.
Post 16 IP   flag post
616625 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?