Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector PovRow private msg quote post Address this user
Pre-screening, for the newcomer, is being able to send books in for grading but specify a minimum grade. If the book(s) do not meet that minimum you get them back ungraded and a small fee is charged. This is how CBCS handles pre-screening. I am just putting in the basics (after talking with CBCS and getting the OK from Steve). CBCS can fill in the details.

Basically you send in books and seek a minimum grade. Say, for example, you sewnd in 10 books. If 5 of those 10 books meet the minimum or better they get graded and you get charged for the grading.

For the 5 books that did not meet the criteria, you are charged $4.00 each and they are returned ungraded.

A great feature is that EACH BOOK CAN HAVE A DIFFERENT PRE-SCREEN GRADE.

Now as far as minimum number of submissions and other details I will leave it up to CBCS to expand on this initial post.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector rayne5446 private msg quote post Address this user
Is the reject fee listed anywhere on the actual website? I've been looking for this information. Is it 4$ flat for any age book? Modern, Copper, Silver, Golden, etc?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector PovRow private msg quote post Address this user
I could not find pre-screening on the CBCS web site either, which is why I called them today to get the info. I later talked with Steve and asked if it was ok for me to post this info and let CBCS expand and answer questions. He agreed so hopefully more info etc. will be forthcoming.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector JazzyJeffie private msg quote post Address this user
I hope there would come a time where I can Pre-screen Original Art on blank variants, where if they are not 9.8 or higher, I'd like OAP to be displayed instead.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
Also another thing people should know is that the Pre-screen service is only available for standard label; you can not pre screen books that are being submitted for VSP or ASP.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyJeffie
I hope there would come a time where I can Pre-screen Original Art on blank variants, where if they are not 9.8 or higher, I'd like OAP to be displayed instead.

I would love this as well and have brought this up to Steve in the past; hopefully someday soon
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector electricprune private msg quote post Address this user
The CBCS Prescreen service is great. No minimums, and you can require different grades for different books in the same submission.

This coming from someone who had a pretty impressive Ofor not too long ago.
Post 7 IP   flag post
President SteveBorock private msg quote post Address this user
Somewhere along the line, during our migration from the old to the new site, the Grade-Screen service was left off.

I am sure our team is working on getting the info up. CBCS calls it "Grade-Screen" not "Pre-screen". In the meantime, here is a quick, and hopefully correct, overview....

You can pick a Grade-Screen on any tier EXCEPT: 2-Day Modern, Quickstream, Rapid and 1-Day tiers. There is a minimum of 5 books for The Expanded tier, but as Pov has stated, you do not have to pick the same grade across the board. If you feel that one book the lowest grade you would accept is 7.0 and the next would be a 9.4 and the next a 3.0, you can do this.

I am pretty sure that if 75% (maybe 70%, can't remember, I am just a lowly primary grader and president) of your order meets the Grade-Screen, you do not pay a reject fee for the other books that did not pass. Your CC gets billed for your order when your book pass the QC stage.

Keep in mind, when using the Grade-Screen, that you pick the lowest grade you would accept, not the grade you "hope" you will get.

Also, restoration checks are part of the process. If your book, or books, meet the minimum grade you asked for, and a comic book has been found to have restoration or conservation, it will still pass the Grade-Screen. The is no "opt-out" for restored/conserved books.

Hope that helps a little.
Peace, -Steve
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector g4tsoul private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanHicks
Also another thing people should know is that the Pre-screen service is only available for standard label; you can not pre screen books that are being submitted for VSP or ASP.

I submitted my first book for verified signature and added a grade screen but just realized I don't really care what the grade ends up being, I'll want it encapsulated. Do you think I should make contact with them before the book hits or since its a VSP submission it won't matter?
Post 9 IP   flag post
598060 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?