Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Certified Comics For SaleFor SaleQuestionsRaw Comics For Sale

Legit Website?16094

Collector hogan36 private msg quote post Address this user
Has anyone ever heard of this website? Here is the link: https://www.antiid.top/index.php?main_page=faq

Does it seem legit? They appear to sell some of everything such as Comics, Perfume, Magazines & so much more.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Prices are dirt cheap on comics, so I would say no way.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Thor #338 CGC 9.6 $21 (marked down from $139.99??)

Crisis On Infinite Earths #1-12 set "LIKE NEW" $21 (marked down from $139.99??)

Sounds like a scam.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
I am very dubious. No way in h*ll would I give them my credit card info.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Wolverine #1 CBCS 9.4 NM 9/82 White pages 1st Wolverine in his own title
(marked down from $390.00) $31.20

No way this is legit.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
I am very dubious. No way in h*ll would I give them my credit card info.

Someone should ask if they will accept COD (cash on delivery).
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector sleeperbat private msg quote post Address this user
Everything is $21. Must be having a special.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@brysb Exactly what I was thinking which is why I wanted to come here and ask before even deciding to purchase anything. Thank you!
Post 8 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd Exactly what I was thinking which is why I wanted to come here and ask before even deciding to purchase anything. Prices seemed way off. Thank you!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Browse further and there're an unusual number of $31 and $11, too. OCD website with a 'thing' for numbers ending in '1'??
Post 10 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Browse further and there're an unusual number of $31 and $11, too. OCD website with a 'thing' for numbers ending in '1'??

@Byrdibyrd I think it's supposed to ad an air of legitimacy, like $20 would be an arbitrary number but $21 is a real number with a reason. Good thing they don't realize that tripling and quadrupling the prices would be the thing that gives them more credibility.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd Yeah. I didn’t pay that any attention but now I see. Thank you!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
I think it's supposed to ad an air of legitimacy, like $20 would be an arbitrary number but $21 is a real number with a reason.

I hadn't considered that. Wouldn't surprise me if you're totally correct.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector bythegram private msg quote post Address this user
Just because I’m bored/awake feeding the baby I thought I’d add the red flags that I see and look for when it comes to websites:

1. Invalid/blank social media links
2. Random address that when googled is residential (not saying residential addresses = scam, it’s just a little odd to include it on an e-commerce website in my opinion)
3. If you copy/Google the first sentence from the “About Us” page you’ll find other e-commerce sites with the “.top” URL all with similar structure and content (different items for sale but all the other text is too similar to be coincidental)
4. Honestly if it isn’t “.com” or “.ca” I probably wouldn’t trust it in the first place

That’s just my thoughts. Happy hunting!
Post 14 IP   flag post
@bythegram Thank you! I'll keep those tips in mind.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by bythegram
Just because I’m bored/awake feeding the baby I thought I’d add the red flags that I see and look for when it comes to websites:

1. Invalid/blank social media links
2. Random address that when googled is residential (not saying residential addresses = scam, it’s just a little odd to include it on an e-commerce website in my opinion)
3. If you copy/Google the first sentence from the “About Us” page you’ll find other e-commerce sites with the “.top” URL all with similar structure and content (different items for sale but all the other text is too similar to be coincidental)
4. Honestly if it isn’t “.com” or “.ca” I probably wouldn’t trust it in the first place

That’s just my thoughts. Happy hunting!

Great tips!
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector cesidio private msg quote post Address this user
Who is
Domain lookup info

Registrar Info

Name

Chengdu west dimension digital

Whois Server

whois.west263.com

Referral URL

www.west263.com

Status

ok https://icann.org/epp#OK

Important Dates

Expires On

2022-10-06

Registered On

2021-10-06

Updated On

2021-10-10

Name Servers

dale.ns.cloudflare.com

eva.ns.cloudflare.com

Just a guess but my guess is someone running a scam out of China or India
Post 17 IP   flag post
@cesidio Good I wasn't so excited/greedy when I saw it because they would have got me. Glad I did my homework. Thanks to you guys! Thanks to this forum here and the administrators! You can beat some people all of the time but you can beat a greedy person all of the time. Speaking of that, they got my uncle out of $3,000 one time. They told him to put the money on a gift card and he did it for a Bush Hog. Lol.
Besides that, my daughter informed me not to mess with that website because that website was a scam based upon the prices being significantly high at first and being dropped extremely cheap.
If it's too good to be true, you better check it out/do your homework!
Post 18 IP   flag post
@hogan36 So sorry about your uncle getting scammed! We're lucky we have a community that helps us look out for each other.
Post 19 IP   flag post
600848 19 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?