Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

Image Comics workers form union16091

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Released via an official statement that reads, in part:

“ We love what we do. But loving what you do doesn't mean you can't or shouldn't ask for improvements to your working conditions. It is with this in mind and with great hope for the future of Image Comics and the comic book industry itself that we announce our intent to form a union and request voluntary recognition.”

Post 1 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
All the best to CBWU. Don't take crap when you don't have to.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
"In the early stages of organizing, we looked to Image's founders for inspiration. Their dreams of self-determination and more equitable treatment in the industry they loved and helped make successful are also our dreams.

We are honored to grow their legacy by taking this step to give all comic book industry professionals, regardless of title, the same rights, guarantees, security, and protections which the founders sought when they broke away from the big two to start their own company
"

This is one of those statements that just drips with irony. Inspiration from the founders? The founders of Image didn't form a union to negotiate for more control, they went and started their own company. It also implies that the founders of Image are no better than the bosses they left behind.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
irony. Inspiration from the founders? The founders of Image didn't form a union to negotiate for more control, they went and started their own company. It also implies that the founders of Image are no better than the bosses they left behind.

Yup!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Maybe they just like me better. Nah, that's not it. BPaxson002 private msg quote post Address this user
I thought Image was an umbrella for publishing books from a bunch of different companies. Has something changed since I quit paying attention to them?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
I did not recognize any of the creatives. So I googled a few of them, they were in talent acquisition, marketing, accounting, etc. A union for comic admin? Or have artists not signed yet
Post 7 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcanes
I did not recognize any of the creatives. So I googled a few of them, they were in talent acquisition, marketing, accounting, etc. A union for comic admin? Or have artists not signed yet
@Hcanes - and here I was not even on board and suspect even before your did that foot(finger)work. Now I am really having a wtf moment.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Actually, it makes sense to me. Lots of grunt work, none of the accolades, and possibly getting shabby treatment because they aren't the 'creative' end of things, even though the creation doesn't happen without their assistance. I've definitely been in job situations like this before.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcanes
@Hcanes - and here I was not even on board and suspect even before your did that foot(finger)work. Now I am really having a wtf moment.

I got bored on the train commute earlier today
Post 10 IP   flag post
598088 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?