Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Looking for something specific..16059

Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
A friend of mine wanted a print from BCC that showed a darker possibly bloodied and beaten batman. I wasnt really able to find anything along those lines actually, so I'm looking possibly for an issue that shows a beaten batman on the cover. Something a little dark, not necessarily gory. If anyone has any recommendations I'd appreciate it! Was going to hopefully find something and get it framed as a christmas gift this year. Either comic or print, any suggestions would help!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
get the cover where Bane is going to break his back...
Post 2 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town batman 497 knightfall?
Post 3 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Belarak private msg quote post Address this user
The one that comes to mind is Batman#497.

This is one of the books from the 1990's and there are tons of these. You can probably find a near mint one pretty cheap and throw it in a GatorGuard or one of these.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Maybe they just like me better. Nah, that's not it. BPaxson002 private msg quote post Address this user

If you are looking for a print, I would go to Alex Ross's page and get one of these
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user

Post 8 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I'd suggest the print "Blood Rain" by Tommy Castillo. I didn't see any in the online store, but his widow, Sammy, may still have some. Otherwise, there is a signed one on eBay.

If you are really interested, I can get ahold of Sammy pretty easily. Just drop me a message.

Post 9 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user

Post 10 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user

Post 11 IP   flag post
Define “beaten”

Post 12 IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
All Star Batman #1 Variant Cover by Jock

Post 13 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user

Post 14 IP   flag post
Not bloody, but kinda absinthe-induced creepiness

Post 15 IP   flag post
My dad did this sketch decades ago. If interested I could probably get a good scan for you to print/have printed

Post 16 IP   flag post
Awesome recommendations! The allstar batman 1 jock variant seems almost exactly what he wanted, I'll have to poke around a bit and get more details to narrow in on what he would like best. Thanks everyone!

Thinking a floating frame would be the best display wise for a raw book as well, just have to find one since my local Michael's has been struggling to get in frames lately.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
My dad did this sketch decades ago. If interested I could probably get a good scan for you to print/have printed

Fun to edit too

Post 18 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Sebastsk8 if you are interested in a slabbed copy I have one for sale.

Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector CEPubDude private msg quote post Address this user
The Cult is a great series that has loads of bloody Batman in it. Excellent series!

Post 20 IP   flag post
@CEPubDude Had that in mind. I was using the art as reference in drafting class and the instructor temporarily confiscated the book because it was “corrupting the youth”. I countered that this was an expression of art, no matter how dark and that I was mature enough to handle it as a teenager. He said that he was not worried about me, but the other kids. I said that I would use it on my own time and he begrudgingly gave it back.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector Belarak private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastsk8
Thinking a floating frame would be the best display wise for a raw book as well, just have to find one since my local Michael's has been struggling to get in frames lately.

RedWolfzCollectibles on Etsy makes some real nice custom frames. Here's an example with Captain Marvel printed on the bottom. He also makes some nice desktop slab holders with custom names.

Post 22 IP   flag post
600902 22 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?