Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

A little Halloween fun...16015

Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
@Gaard While I appreciate what you shared, I believe your experience was very different than mine. My views on the movie come from conversations I had with an ex-Jusuit priest who was a psychiatrist that the Church brought in to observe/evaluate people that the Rite of exorcism was being considered. Some of the experiences he shared greatly disturbed me. Tie that into the call I answered with 2 other officers about an out of control child, he was 11, and I'll never watch that movie.

While I don't think I can share my conversations and the observations that were shared with me by Paul, I'll share what happened on that call.

2 of us were dispatched to a home with an out of control child. The information on the MDT stated that he was 11. When we got there we were advised he was upstairs. We were told he was suffering from an ailment and we were about to ask what it was when there was a loud crash and moaning that came from above us. The mother told us that was his room. We went up the stairs and found several adults who appeared concerned and scared outside the door that the moaning was coming out of. They told us that the boy was inside. We opened the door and I smelt a mix of vomit and feces. I observed the boy sitting on the edge of his bed. He turned and smiled at us. When I walked into the room the temperature was noticeably colder than the rest of the house we came through. I'm not talking about 5 degrees, I mean it felt like a fall morning in that room and it was summer. The boy turned his head and looked at both of us coming through his door. I don't know why but I keyed my mic when I met his gaze and asked for another officer to be sent to out location.

We started walking over to him and that's when he moved off the bed and scurried across the floor. By scurried, I mean he looked like a rat moving across the floor on all fours into the corner on the other side of the room. He moved with a speed that didn't seem natural. He stopped in the corner turned and spoke to us. I found out after the call that neither of us understood what he was saying. However, I can write that what came out was unnatural for an 11 year old. It was a deep, guttural, booming projection that a child shouldn't be capable of producing. While yelling at us, he reached up on the desk next to him and began throwing different items at us. We kept repeating commands to stop, and to put down the items. When he pulled out a drawer from the desk and threw it at us we had to act. As he was a child, and it was a confined area our options were limited. So, we used soft hand techniques or attempted to do so. In other words, we attempted to grab him. He slid between both myself and the other zone officer in that weird rat movement on all fours. He moved across the room with us behind him. We both observed him scurry up the side wall. He was about 2 feet above the floor and then he turned and moved along the back wall of the room at the same height before returning to the floor. He was on those walls for roughly 10 or 12 feet 2 feet off the ground. He never touched the floor while that was happening. We were able to put our hands on him and the struggle started. I would say that it was like we were attempting to subdue a large adult who didn't want to comply. Fortunately, the third officer arrived. While the other zone officer and I had the boy pinned to the floor, the third officer was able to get a set of handcuffs on him. That seemed to quiet him and take some of the wind out of his sails. We moved the boy to a sitting position on the floor and I observed the 3rd officer double lock the cuffs. That's when I heard a "snap". The boy broke one of the handcuffs off his wrist.

I'll finish this remainder of the call when I get back to my computer later tonight.
Post 126 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Towmater - Damn, that’s a hell of a story, already!
Post 127 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
If there is darkness, there is light!
Post 128 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@Towmater Good Lord. That's rough.
Post 129 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
LOL!
Post 130 IP   flag post

I’ll end the story quickly. We were able to get 2 other pairs of handcuffs on the boy. Also, we restrained him with a control strap on his legs. Social services was called. When they arrived the boy was transported for a mental evaluation. While waiting for social services to arrive we were informed by the mother that the people we saw upstairs were members of their church including their pastor. It came out that they had been performing an exorcism on the boy. I have no idea what the outcome of the mental evaluation or what happened to the boy or his family. I never had answered another call at that address.

Travis, the other zone officer, and I are still friends even though we now live a good distance away from each other. Every year we either get together or have a long conversation on the phone in the middle of June. We seem drawn to connect during that time period. Sometimes we chat about the call, what we saw, and experienced. Sometimes we don’t. I know what I believe about the call and I know what Travis believes took place. That being said, I think the ex-Jesuit priest I know summed up the situation perfectly and it gives everyone a convenient out. The mind is a strange and wondrous organ. We don’t know what it truly is capable of. So, maybe the boy created the entire episode. Of course, it could have been something else too.
Post 131 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Towmater that is one crazy story! thanks for sharing!!
Post 132 IP   flag post
Collector dfoster43 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterc777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
I was thinking that the guy circled was Michael Myers, but I now think the pumpkin is for the Halloween movie. So, who is he?

I think that's supposed to be Leatherface, maybe?

Not in a suit it's not.
Post 133 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfoster43
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterc777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
I was thinking that the guy circled was Michael Myers, but I now think the pumpkin is for the Halloween movie. So, who is he?

I think that's supposed to be Leatherface, maybe?

Not in a suit it's not.

I know this is movies but didn't the Joker wear something like that in the comics recently?
Post 134 IP   flag post
Is it the leader of the psychos in the Purge played by Rys Wakefield? He had a smiley mask and wore a blazer. However, he had longish hair.

Post 135 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Met Linda Blair some years back, at a haunted house she was appearing at, autographing cans of Pea soup to help benefit farmers who at that time had suffered from massive flooding in the area.

It was an enjoyable experience all around, other than the rude dudes who kept requesting she write a certain quote from the movie repeatedly on their items they wanted signed.

Some people.

Little known trivia, Linda Blair was Rick Springfield's first girlfriend when he moved to the United States. They are still good friends and stay in touch after all these years.
Post 136 IP   flag post
619603 136 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?