Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Silver Age

Avengers 57 bright yellow, not red ink16012

Collector Diodelad private msg quote post Address this user
I bought an Avengers 57 1968 that has bright yellow where there should be red ink on the cover. Is this something that would have happened in printing, like yellow instead of red ink? Or does red turn to yellow under certain environmental conditions? The blacks are sharp so it doesn’t seem like the cover is faded but maybe some light turns red to yellow and leaves the blacks crisp?. What would CBCS do with something like this if they graded it?
Post 1 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Could you show a pic?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
What are the colors like on the outside back cover?
Post 3 IP   flag post
[/img]

Post 4 IP   flag post
Thanks for checking it out, guys.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Bright colors on the back page means it's sun fade. Red and yellow is almost, if not always the first to go.

Post 6 IP   flag post
Okay, thank you! I actually kind of love the yellow Vision. I’m going to get another copy in red and maybe display them with a West Coast Avengers 45.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Yup, definitely sun damage on the book.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

sometimes the fade works, I love macabre look of the faded copy
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector andy49 private msg quote post Address this user
wall books under fluorescent lights that don't sell for years may also end up looking like that
Post 10 IP   flag post
600737 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?