Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Printing error or just my imagination?16011

Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
I've always been curious about my one very clearly BLUE copy of Batman #405. Every other one I've seen is purple, but not this one. I'm thinking it's a printing error where they ran out of red but didn't spot it in time, or am I reading too much into it?

Post 1 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I can't speak anything for the book but it reminds me of Moon Night #1. It's just how the ink differentiates thru the thousands of copies printed. #I Think.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=Batman+%23405&_sacat=0
looks like a lot of blue copies out there
Post 3 IP   flag post
That's cool. I'm fine with it being my imagination and me just having a couple of the extremes in my collection.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
I can't speak anything for the book but it reminds me of Moon Night #1. It's just how the ink differentiates thru the thousands of copies printed. #I Think.
this^^ and it’s entirely possible the colors were adjusted at some point during printing for whatever reason.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
it’s entirely possible the colors were adjusted at some point during printing for whatever reason

That hadn't crossed my mind at all. Also very possible.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC
Post 7 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
It's happens when the printers run low on certain colors.

Post 8 IP   flag post
@Siggy Exactly. Nice Spideys, by the way.
Post 9 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Man who knows how many I missed being color blind and all
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantMania
Man who knows how many I missed being color blind and all

It's fairly common. The purple Sandman #1 from the 70s is the only one I can think of that's sought out.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
The purple Sandman #1 from the 70s is the only one I can think of that's sought out

Yes! I knew there was something that had this type of colour differentiation that was considered a legitimate printing error. Couldn't recall what it was. Magic of Ye Olde Age, I suppose.
Post 12 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Check out recalledcomics.com. They are the expert of books that are recalled or have printing errors. They are the ones who verified my book with printing error

Post 13 IP   flag post
@Batman66 Thanks! I may do that, even though I suspect that, as folks have been saying, it's just normal variation. That Marvel Super Action is WAY cool!!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, looks die lotish, not necessarily an error.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Edit: wrong defect thread.
Post 16 IP   flag post
603522 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?