Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Has Anyone Here Used Pirate Ship?15989

I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I heard about this free shipping site on Facebook today. I signed up for an account and the rates to ship are substantially cheaper than I get when I go through the USPS or UPS website directly for purchasing postage. Thanks for any feedback.

https://www.pirateship.com/
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Carpendaddy private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah, I use Pirate Ship for roughly 85% of my packages I send out. The rates are the same as eBay/PayPal discounts on shipping, but I like all the extras you get with Pirate Ship. Definitely recommend if you ship a lot.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@Carpendaddy awesome, thanks for the response!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Magellan private msg quote post Address this user
I second what @Carpendaddy said. Pirate Ship rocks. Their prices may be the same or similar to eBay, but the fact that they offer double the insurance on standard Priority is reason enough for me to always use them instead. 👍🏻
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
What do they charge for insurance?
Post 5 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
Insurance is free for Priority Mail, the first $100 coverage. If you purchase insurance for higher amounts, it is 80 cents per $100 coverage, including international.

I have had only good experiences with Pirate Ship for the time that I have had it, about 3 years. It bolts right up to eBay, so your orders flow through. Insurance is reasonable if you ever need to use it. The reports are excellent, much better than eBay.

The best thing, compared to eBay, is that the interface remains consistent. EBay is always "improving" theirs right into dysfunction, and sometimes doesn't work at all. By the time you find the new locations of the many tools you will need on Ebay Shipping, they decide to "revise" it again. I hate that company - so stupid.

I have had a very peaceful shipping life since switching to Pirate Ship - very consistent, no outages, smooth operation. I only use Ebay Shipping if there is some quirky reason (usually caused by eBay) that I can't use Pirate Ship. Ebay Shipping, and also PayPal, are backups that I never plan on using, just for emergencies only.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by chester15
Insurance is free for Priority Mail, the first $100 coverage. If you purchase insurance for higher amounts, it is 80 cents per $100 coverage, including international.

I have had only good experiences with Pirate Ship for the time that I have had it, about 3 years. It bolts right up to eBay, so your orders flow through. Insurance is reasonable if you ever need to use it. The reports are excellent, much better than eBay.

The best thing, compared to eBay, is that the interface remains consistent. EBay is always "improving" theirs right into dysfunction, and sometimes doesn't work at all. By the time you find the new locations of the many tools you will need on Ebay Shipping, they decide to "revise" it again. I hate that company - so stupid.

I have had a very peaceful shipping life since switching to Pirate Ship - very consistent, no outages, smooth operation. I only use Ebay Shipping if there is some quirky reason (usually caused by eBay) that I can't use Pirate Ship. Ebay Shipping, and also PayPal, are backups that I never plan on using, just for emergencies only.

Thank you very much for this. It's very helpful.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector ERB_in_CLT private msg quote post Address this user
everything that's been said already... PirateShip is GREAT! AARRRRR
Post 8 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
The best part compared to eBay shipping is you are notified of any Shipment Adjustments. Pirate Ship sends automatic notifications if you are being charged more by usps during shipment and have plenty of time to contest those adjustments if they are not accurate.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Yep, just to echo the rest, PirateShip is awesome.

And like @HulkSmash said, the notifications of any changes made by the USPS are awesome. You can even contest the USPS decisions and get your money back, all through the one site.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector JustAThought private msg quote post Address this user
My wife used it for her e-tail website and was happy with it.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user
Ditto on what has been said already. I use it and really like it.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm definitely giving this a try.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Huntergreene2 private msg quote post Address this user
And if you click the chat, you can ask them to enable "Simple Export Rate" and you'll get real good international shipping rates. Like, 1/2 pound to Canada for $8.49, rest of world $10.49 but max value is $400.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Thanks again for the responses. I'm glad I discovered this. I made my first two purchases today and already saved a few bucks.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Fads89 private msg quote post Address this user
Hold your tongue and say "I live on a pirate ship."
Post 16 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
So I signed up for this service and in the past 3 emails there was a hidden password for free loot. Anybody know what the 3 words are?
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
I have been using it for a couple of years and I am really satisfied with it!
Post 18 IP   flag post
597980 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?