Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Trade Keys for Pinball?15984

Collector Triplecdad private msg quote post Address this user
There has to be some pinheads on this forum. I am looking for any of the Chicago gaming remakes, Stern Elvira House of Horrors, Addams Family, WOZ (Wizard of Oz) and will consider others. I am now selling numerous books including a FF49 and a GSX1, but have lots else.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
I play Batman 66 and Deadpool a lot.

Post 2 IP   flag post

Post 3 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
I have a couple pins but not comic themed.

I have actually been looking for an Addams family machine for a while.

Sorry cannot be of help!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Maybe they just like me better. Nah, that's not it. BPaxson002 private msg quote post Address this user
Man.

Dragging all those pinball machines around at a con must be a huge pain the rear.
Post 5 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
I once picked up some original art from a collector who was buying pins. I believe it was a bad deal for him in the end. He traded away a page from Avengers 1 along with other early pieces. In the long run, the pages are now worth about 3/4's of a million.

But....as long as he made money on the pages and put the money into something he loved, it was good for him. I have sold pieces in the past to pay for other collectibles as well. Sometimes I did great, sometimes only ok.
Post 6 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPaxson002
Man.

Dragging all those pinball machines around at a con must be a huge pain the rear.

Love it! LOL!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector dfoster43 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
I have a couple pins but not comic themed.

I have actually been looking for an Addams family machine for a while.

Sorry cannot be of help!

Ooh, my buddy just sold Addams Family his and bought a Stranger Things.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Pinball machines suffer from difficult transportation / high logistics costs. Also take up a decent amount of space. All not great for speculating and a bit more like cars (for investing).

On the plus side, relatively easy to work on, at least for pins made through the 90s. Again, some similarity to cars up through the 90s :-)
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
@Davethebrave Maybe but my 8 year old loves our machine. He'd play it everyday if he could. We already have great memories built in the time we have owed it. We are thinking of adding another one next year.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
@Davethebrave Maybe but my 8 year old loves our machine. He'd play it everyday if he could. We already have great memories built in the time we have owed it. We are thinking of adding another one next year.

I don’t disagree. I have two (one setup) and my son loves it (wife and I do too).

Just saying that the pinball market doesn’t rise and fall through speculation like some other collectibles. It is just a more difficult collectible to trade.

Love our pins and hope to add more in the future.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave

Just saying that the pinball market doesn’t rise and fall through speculation like some other collectibles. It is just a more difficult collectible to trade.

I agree with the above. The market's pricing surged when all the hipsters were buying. That seems to have leveled off and the older machines are declining in price. Personally, I like the machines from the 1970's. I was a kid playing them then. Yep, they do play slower than the modern games but as you pointed out they are easier to work on if they break.

If one lives in a bigger town there are deals to be had. I could have bought a 1960's machine that had been totally restored for under $600.00. It was a single player machine. It looked and operated like a new machine. The issue was that it was in a basement and would have had to have been lugged up a staircase with a turn. I would have had to move it and haul it back to our town. That would have been 2 1/2 hours of drive time up and 2 1/2 hours back down. So, we passed.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
The issue was that it was in a basement and would have had to have been lugged up a staircase with a turn.

Post 13 IP   flag post
The Deadpool machine was like $10k when I was thinking of buying one. Put that money towards the mortgage instead. Still want one though. 🙂
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Triplecdad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPaxson002
Man.

Nah, the worst part is feeding and cleaning up after the ponies that pull your pinball sleigh. Last convention I went to one idiot tried to use Clydesdales, when the rules clearly stated no draught horses!
Post 15 IP   flag post
601490 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?