Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionMovies TelevisionPop CultureQuestions

Predator “detested”?15936

Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Don’t get me wrong, I did like P2 and AVP. To me though, they didn’t stand up to the original. AVP 2 and 2018 The Predator were forgettable.

What??? There was an AVP2? I did not know about that.
Post 26 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
@50AE_DE you didn’t miss anything
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
I always wondered if that chain gun that the one guy carried was factual..if so thats one serious piece of hardware. Unsure how we could ever lose a firefight if thats a real weapon the US currently deploys

@Darkseid_of_town - it is real, but by no means is it practical or feasible as a hand carried weapon.

A M134 is a mounted weapon. It isn't something troops carry around. It requires an external power supply and the cycle rate on it makes carrying the ammo it would require impossible. Mac's cutdown M60E3 would have been the logical light machine for that team to be carrying and using.

The thing that drives me nuts is that you have several members of the team carrying MP5's. A totally useless firearm in the jungle. A 9mm round would not penetrate the foliage.
Right, you hit on the thing that always made me wonder about that weapon. I dont do much with guns, and just keep a 9mm for perimeter defense here at home....but when that dude would fire up that gun, it would level everything in front of it in a sweeping motion for like fifty feet outwards it looked like. It had to be firing a stupendous number of rounds...and I kept wondering how they were being stored and carried.
Post 28 IP   flag post
@JustThatGuy Thanks. I'm not at all tempted to watch that.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
AVP2 was sooooo bad! I can't believe I wasted $2.50 on it at the second run theater.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50AE_DE
Quote:
Don’t get me wrong, I did like P2 and AVP. To me though, they didn’t stand up to the original. AVP 2 and 2018 The Predator were forgettable.

@50AE_DE It's actually called Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem it came out in 2007.
It was pretty lame the night scenes were so dark they were practically unwatchable.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
Quote:
Quote:
I always wondered if that chain gun that the one guy carried was factual..if so thats one serious piece of hardware. Unsure how we could ever lose a firefight if thats a real weapon the US currently deploys

@Darkseid_of_town - it is real, but by no means is it practical or feasible as a hand carried weapon.

A M134 is a mounted weapon. It isn't something troops carry around. It requires an external power supply and the cycle rate on it makes carrying the ammo it would require impossible. Mac's cutdown M60E3 would have been the logical light machine for that team to be carrying and using.

The thing that drives me nuts is that you have several members of the team carrying MP5's. A totally useless firearm in the jungle. A 9mm round would not penetrate the foliage.
Right, you hit on the thing that always made me wonder about that weapon. I dont do much with guns, and just keep a 9mm for perimeter defense here at home....but when that dude would fire up that gun, it would level everything in front of it in a sweeping motion for like fifty feet outwards it looked like. It had to be firing a stupendous number of rounds...and I kept wondering how they were being stored and carried.

I read somewhere that for the amount of screen time the M134 was fired the ammo would have weighed about 900 pounds.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
This thread reminded me of a show I've been watching on Netflix -- The Movies That Made Us. It's a really well done (and funny) docuseries. Just watched the episode on the making of Robocop last night, which is still one of my favorite action movies of all time. Other episodes include Ghostbusters, Back to the Future and Die Hard. Hopefully they'll do one on Predator soon!
Post 33 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawguy1977
This thread reminded me of a show I've been watching on Netflix -- The Movies That Made Us. It's a really well done (and funny) docuseries. Just watched the episode on the making of Robocop last night, which is still one of my favorite action movies of all time. Other episodes include Ghostbusters, Back to the Future and Die Hard. Hopefully they'll do one on Predator soon!

@lawguy1977 The year 1987 was the start of 3 awesome action movie franchises: Predator, Robocop & Lethal Weapon
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
@Murmonster Right?! All aweseome!
Post 35 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmonster
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50AE_DE
Quote:

Thanks. When I searched aliens v predator 2 all I got was a video game, not movie.

@50AE_DE It's actually called Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem it came out in 2007.
It was pretty lame the night scenes were so dark they were practically unwatchable.
Post 36 IP   flag post
600852 36 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?