Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
article

CGA certainly needed this as they got crushed by the market explosion. I hope this doesn't mean price increase as their services for toy grading is expensive as is.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@the420bandito - Thanks for the article.

Wow, this is an interesting event. A lot of the things that flow through Hakes Auction House is CGA / AFA graded toys. I knew that Hakes was owned by Diamond before this. I wonder how CAS (the CBCS of the toy grading world if you will) will fare after this.

Further, I wonder if Diamond will venture into the comic certification world with either an expansion of CGA or an acquisition of one of the existing companies? With Both CBCS and cgc owned by private equity companies, it will be interesting to see how this shakes out over the next couple of years.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
No conflict of interest whatsoever.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
No conflict of interest whatsoever.

@Nuffsaid111 - Yup. I think Hakes has had a fairly clean reputation and now there is going to be an opening for some activities of the sketch kind. Or at least they are opening themselves up to innuendo.
Post 4 IP   flag post
598060 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?