Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

New GoCollect Site goes live tomorrow (10/13)15926

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user

I think the site update has been mentioned in passing around here but I’m guessing the recent issues with GoCollect might be related to this
Post 1 IP   flag post
How do I know this? Because I've done it myself. lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
Saw this in my email, too. Hopefully it will start sending data to the CLZ app again...
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, this the entire cause of the values not updating. Hopefully the back end dbase hasn’t changed, so CLZ core can still get updates. If not, then CLZ will have to make their own updates.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Rinova private msg quote post Address this user
Got this from CollectorZ the other day. See below.

This is Alwin, of Collectorz.com.
We are receiving more and more messages from users of our comic cataloging tools about the lack of comic value updates from GoCollect.
We were hoping this would resolve itself soon, but it didn't... So I figured I'd send you an email to let you know what's up.

No comic value updates from GoCollect since Sept 23
As you probably know, the comic values in your CLZ Comics app, the Comic Connect web-based software or the Comic Collector desktop software are provided through our partnership with GoCollect. We update the values stored in our Core on a daily basis, retrieving new updated values through GoCollect's API endpoint.

Normally, this results in 150 to 300 updated values daily. However, since Sept 23 that number dropped to only a handful each day. Which means most users have not seen any value updates since that day.

Of course, we contacted GoCollect about this, had a Google Meet with them and exchanged many emails. They apologized for the problem and told us that they are migrating to a new back-end system for calculating values and a completely new website. This project has seen substantial delays and they are working as hard as possible to get the new system up-and-running. They asked us to tell all Collectorz.com users that ...:

" ... there may be service interruptions over the next several weeks as we migrate to our new platform ..."
I can assure you, we are just as disappointed about this as you are, but at the moment, there is nothing we can do about this on the CLZ side. All we can do is wait and hope they get their new platform up-and-running ASAP.

In the meantime, we have seen a small increase in the number of daily updates since Oct 5, so let's hope this is a good sign.

TIP: If you want stay up-to-date about this problem, please join our "CLZ Comics" group on Facebook and follow this post.

Thanks for your patience and understanding!

Alwin Hoogerdijk

Anyone who subscribes to CollectorZ might have gotten this email.

-Rinova
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Huntergreene2 private msg quote post Address this user
Gocollect is on the new system now, but its slow as hell.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Aaaaaannnnnd, all my comics are gone.
Post 6 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
@Huntergreene2 It's like magic. *poof*
Post 7 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Huntergreene2 - probably everyone plus their brother trying to get on. Looks like the "My Lists" link just isn't working yet probably because of the activity.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
@Huntergreene2 It's like magic. *poof*

I'll have to check when I get home to make sure all my shortboxes are still there.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user
Pretty much unusable because of the slow speed right now. Will have to try later.
Post 10 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Did GoCollect have those non-comics collectibles hidden out of sight in the past or is that new in this update?
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Trespa68 private msg quote post Address this user
Well...I just checked out the updated site. You used to be able to at least see all FMVs for all grade levels with your free membership. Now it looks like you need a paid membership to do this (unless I am missing something).

Not sure I like this....
Post 12 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Wow it has all the same free features!

@Trespa68 it looks that way.
Post 13 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
So... On my phone the new layout is terrible, but, it looks like pricing is no longer available for free?
Not that they were very accurate, but at least you could see it.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigur_Ros
So... On my phone the new layout is terrible, but, it looks like pricing is no longer available for free?

I’m seeing it. Click on the book and scroll down or click on “value”

Post 15 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
Quote:

Okay. Probably just glitching for me.
Thank you.

So if I want to look up a 9.0 of this book.. I have to pay or just make an account, I wonder.

Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Same stuff with all upgrades, they changed simplicity and functionality for aesthetics. I much prefer just being able to click on "a" to see all titles starting with "a" and then scrolling down to "Age of Apocalypse" and clicking on it to see the whole series...
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Botlofrum private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite there really should be an option to hide those away since they're so prominent on the home page
Post 18 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Huffff....fire bad!! change bad!!!!

Post 19 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Huffff....fire bad!! change bad!!!!

I struggle with both. Fortunately my fireplace only requires pushing a button. The new GoCollect site is going to take me a while to figure out apparently.
Post 20 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
Mone still won't update...😪
Post 21 IP   flag post
Clz won't sync with the new values. AM indoing something wrong??
Post 22 IP   flag post
How do I know this? Because I've done it myself. lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
I think I read on the CLZ Facebook page that it could still be another 2-4 weeks as this new system is getting into place before we start seeing updates again.
Post 23 IP   flag post
@lawguy1977 well there goesnlooking forward to waking up in the morning....lol
Post 24 IP   flag post
@ComicNinja0215 LOL, yeah, it's frustrating, even with how inaccurate the values can be, I still like to update them each day!
Post 25 IP   flag post
@lawguy1977 yeah man. Fresh coffee and updated values. Made it easier to know which books to grade lol
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Trespa68 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
Quote:

Okay. Probably just glitching for me.
Thank you.

So if I want to look up a 9.0 of this book.. I have to pay or just make an account, I wonder.

I have a free account already, and I can not get the full list of fmv unless I pay for the pro version.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Fantasy Football Bono
You thought we'd forget, didn't you?
FFB private msg quote post Address this user
The new GoCollect site sucks so bad that I cancelled my auto-renewal and asked for a refund of my prepaid year's Pro subscription that I paid in June. Removing the ability to view an entire series of a title with FMV next to the issue makes this a useless tool for me. I am so angry right now. I feel ripped off. Worst site upgrade I've ever seen in any industry.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
I am on the fence. I have the paid membership and was getting frustrated trying to navigate through it now. I will have to try again tomorrow and see.
Post 29 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
The new site is awful. The prior site (recently) was inaccurate. The upgrade looks solely like an upgrade to their revenue goals at user expense.

Well, I am now a former user.
Post 30 IP   flag post
619266 42 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?