Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeQuestions

GoCollect Value Updates15920

Collector zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Everyone probably knows this, but I thought I would say it again.

I received the following message from Collectorz.com in reference to "No Comic Value Updates from GoCollect since Sept 23.

This is Alwin, of Collectorz.com.
We are receiving more and more messages from users of our comic cataloging tools about the lack of comic value updates from GoCollect.
We were hoping this would resolve itself soon, but it didn't... So I figured I'd send you an email to let you know what's up.
No comic value updates from GoCollect since Sept 23
As you probably know, the comic values in your CLZ Comics app, the Comic Connect web-based software or the Comic Collector desktop software are provided through our partnership with GoCollect. We update the values stored in our Core on a daily basis, retrieving new updated values through GoCollect's API endpoint.
Normally, this results in 150 to 300 updated values daily. However, since Sept 23 that number dropped to only a handful each day. Which means most users have not seen any value updates since that day.
Of course, we contacted GoCollect about this, had a Google Meet with them and exchanged many emails. They apologized for the problem and told us that they are migrating to a new back-end system for calculating values and a completely new website. This project has seen substantial delays and they are working as hard as possible to get the new system up-and-running. They asked us to tell all Collectorz.com users that ...:
" ... there may be service interruptions over the next several weeks as we migrate to our new platform ..."
I can assure you, we are just as disappointed about this as you are, but at the moment, there is nothing we can do about this on the CLZ side. All we can do is wait and hope they get their new platform up-and-running ASAP.
In the meantime, we have seen a small increase in the number of daily updates since Oct 5, so let's hope this is a good sign.
TIP: If you want stay up-to-date about this problem, please join our "CLZ Comics" group on Facebook and follow this post.
Thanks for your patience and understanding!

Alwin Hoogerdijk
Collectorz.com / My.CLZ.com / CLZ Help Center / CLZ Online Shop

NOTE:
This email was sent from an unmonitored email address, so it is not possible to use "Reply" to contact us.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Former Forum Mascot ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
@zdoes10 saw this earlier today, ots frustrating for sure.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
Sounds like CLZ is getting frustrated with GoCollect, but not sure if there is an alternative at this point (possibly GPA).

On a side note, will be interesting to see if CLZ still charges customers the monthly fee even though value updates are currently not working.
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck
On a side note, will be interesting to see if CLZ still charges customers the monthly fee even though value updates are currently not working.

They will because the monthly fee isn’t just to support the GoCollect values. CLZ is a subscription software so the subscription fee enables all of the software features
Post 4 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
My question is why ask them to pass bad news? Shouldn't they put out a notice or something themselves instead of counting on others to do their job?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector tonyz58 private msg quote post Address this user
Based on gocollect recent FMVs, Moon Knight 1 and Secret Wars 1 and Masters of the Univ. came in about 50% below on Comiclink .
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Quote:

They will because the monthly fee isn’t just to support the GoCollect values. CLZ is a subscription software so the subscription fee enables all of the software features

I purchased the app way back when there were no monthly fees.

All software features (except comic value updates) are already included in that one-time fee.

The only reason I pay the monthly fee is to get comic value updates.
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Quote:

I purchased the app way back when there were no monthly fees.

All software features (except comic value updates) are already included in that one-time fee.

The only reason I pay the monthly fee is to get comic value updates.

Then maybe try contacting them to see if they’ll give you an extra month or something if you are so inclined but I doubt this is something they’re going to do a widespread rollout for
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
If they did not care enough to warn you of an update outage, i doubt they care enough to cover a months missing updates.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector vacaboca private msg quote post Address this user
I actually thought the email was great - I'd noticed that values hadn't updated in a while, as I tend to update my collection at least a few times a week. This sort of thing happens, and I appreciate receiving affirmative acknowledgement of something being "off" rather than having to go look for info myself whenever I get around to it.

If anything, I was somewhat encouraged to hear that gocollect was doing some site re-work... obviously that can make things worse as well as better, but as a relatively happy gocollect subscriber for years, things like the CLZ integration and fundamental site work are generally good things to see.

It hadn't occurred to me to think about any refunds or anything like that - I've been paying CLZ for what they provide long before the gocollect integration, and am still happy with what is provided.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector TommyJasmin private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Sounds like CLZ is getting frustrated with GoCollect, but not sure if there is an alternative at this point (possibly GPA).

With all due respect to both great services, a friendly reminder that y'all are always welcome to come track your collections, for no charge, at my site Nostomania. Advantages: I compute FMV for everything, including separate values for CBCS, Uncertified, and yes those other guys. Why Uncert? Presumably, some of you might want to know what your entire collection is worth. Including... oh, say a very low grade copy of Action Comics #359. Which you're never going to slab, but sales do occur, which drive a FMV, and it is part of your total collection value.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector dfoster43 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyJasmin
Quote:

With all due respect to both great services, a friendly reminder that y'all are always welcome to come track your collections, for no charge, at my site Nostomania. Advantages: I compute FMV for everything, including separate values for CBCS, Uncertified, and yes those other guys. Why Uncert? Presumably, some of you might want to know what your entire collection is worth. Including... oh, say a very low grade copy of Action Comics #359. Which you're never going to slab, but sales do occur, which drive a FMV, and it is part of your total collection value.

COOL! Going there now!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Makes me wonder why I pay a monthly subscription fee to gocollect if the sales are not updating. Maybe time to move on.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Mmanick private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswing
Makes me wonder why I pay a monthly subscription fee to gocollect if the sales are not updating. Maybe time to move on.
I think GPA is still the best
Post 14 IP   flag post
CLZ value updates are still not working for me, despite the official launch of the new GoCollect site yesterday.

Anyone else having issues?
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
@CaptainCanuck yes, I have tried three times to update values and still getting no updates.
Post 16 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Is it worth getting covrprice for $60 annually instead of using GoCollect or is their data not as useful?
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Cerebus3000 private msg quote post Address this user
I think there might be some value in some of the changes. For example, I do like the Lifetime Sales Trend with 1 yr/90 day/30 day averages. However, there are definitely some things to hate. The prominence of posters and video games, which I have zero interest in, just makes for screen clutter.

For the most part it feels like an upgrade that was rolled out before it was ready. I think it may still be "buggy" at the very least. I have Voltron #1 on my watch list, and it pops up with a recent 9.8 sale in my notifications. However, when I drill down on the data I cannot find that sale anywhere. The most recent sale appears to have been July 28 which I know to be false.

I do hope there is some more polish yet to come.
Post 18 IP   flag post
TL;DR Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like window dressing with no substance, designed purely to increase revenue with minimal investment.

I spot checked a few books and know how bad the FMV data was pre-update. It looks just as bad now, only less transparently bad (so more dangerous to the ignorant).

It used to be a decent tool for objective valuation reference, supplemented with direct research. Now it just seems cumbersome and unhelpful (for me).

I will likely stop using it altogether based on the changes.
Post 19 IP   flag post
425086 19 19