Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS Signature VSPSignaturesSigning Opportunities

Signatures... newbie question?15911

Collector ERB_in_CLT private msg quote post Address this user
I am sending in a book to be signed and it does not offer a grading option, but it does have "Yes, Add a JSA Certificate of Authentication" as an option.

With CBCS VSP, why would I do this or need this? I am thinking, other than CBCS being more costly (VSP $25 > $10), there is no downside to sending the raw, signed book in for grading + VSP - right?

Post 1 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@ERB_in_CLT correct. if you intend to send the raw book to CBCS for VSP, the JSA COA will have no influence on the CBCS VSP result.

There is no guarantee the signature will pass VSP.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Chewy private msg quote post Address this user
If anything you would want to skip the JSA if you intend on getting graded. JSA authentication will involve getting a sticker on the item itself and then a card to match up on their website to say what the item is. the sticker has the potential to leave residue behind or take some of the colour off the cover on removal.
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Damn, that’s tempting! Smith is the last person I need on my book

Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector ERB_in_CLT private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite that is NICE... I think I am sending Green Arrow #1 of his run. Not a major key to be sure, but a big fan of Green Arrow and Kevin Smith for that matter.
Post 5 IP   flag post
601222 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?