Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeMovies TelevisionPop Culture

Youngblood 215903

Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
FYI, someone or some people just bought up a Cr@p ton of Youngblood #2

I think this may be the reason:

clickable text
Post 1 IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator Thanks!

Prophet: Jake Gyllenhaal To Star in Sam Hargrave's Adaptation

It's looking likely Jake Gyllenhaal will be John Prophet. ComicBook.com can confirm the Spider-Man: Far From Home star is in final talks to star in the live-action adaptation of Rob Liefeld's classic Prophet independent comic. Furthermore, we can reveal Extraction helmer Sam Hargrave is also near finalizing a deal to board the project as director...
Post 2 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Youngblood #2 Hits $100 on eBay After Prophet/Marc Guggenheim News
clickable text

The character Prophet, created by Rob Liefeld, was intended to appear in his X-Force series in 1991, but he decided to pull the character for his then-planned creator-owned comics at Malibu Comics. We probably got Sauron instead. The supersoldier from World War II played on ice (yes another one) with religious zealotry first appeared in Youngblood #2 in 1992, and subsequently span off into his own series, which Stephen Platt most notably drew.

In 1995, TriStar Pictures acquired the film rights to Prophet with Rob Liefeld as a producer, but did not proceed beyond pre-production. In 2018, Studio 8 acquired the film rights to Prophet. Yesterday we got the word that Marc Guggenheim, creator of the Arrowverse, was working on the screenplay. Rob Liefeld posted to social media, saying ' Super excited that Mighty Marc Guggenheim has jumped on board PROPHET!! He's so ridiculously talented and you guys are going to dig what he has in store!! Studio spends big $$$ to option property, secure big writer!! VICTORY all around!!" I am glad to see that even in this time of lockdown, that there are still plenty of exclamation marks to go around.

These kind of announcements are getting very common recently, and is another sign of what Bleeding Cool has been noting – TV and movie studio executives stopping having endless lunches, going to parties and snorting coke off a stripper's back, and in lockdown just getting on with the job and signing deals. Anyway, this news seemed to light a new fire under the collectors and speculators. Despite selling half a million copies and more, Youngblood #2, his first appearance jumped on eBay. A comic that was selling for a buck fifty last month, started getting successful sales of up to $16. While a CGC 9.8 slabbed edition saw a seller sell four copies for $100 each, all yesterday, and one person bought two copies at that price. It helps that Prophet actually appears on the cover as well.

Post 3 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
for $20 CAD (shipping included!) I'll bite!!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
My CBCS 9.8 sold on ebay for $135 and then a cgc sold for $155.95 plus shipping. There are a lot of 9.2 raw on MCS for any speculators out there.
Post 5 IP   flag post
NVM, all the 9.2's are gone now.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator Thanks anyhow
Post 7 IP   flag post
For those interested in further speculation, besides Youngblood issues 2-5, other early appearances would be:

Deathmate Previews Green

Deathmate Prologue

& Deathmate Red
Post 8 IP   flag post
we want what..the Green variant? guy has a raw green and pink for $26 CAD (incl delivery)

gonna pass....someone already got my $20 for the night!
Post 9 IP   flag post
wow!! Chuck ahead of the curve!!! lol
Post 10 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I'll pass.

I don't understand why a character with no interest suddenly has interest because of a proposed TV show that has every chance to suck as much as it does to succeed.

I'll stick to my cultivated favorites and everyone else can have their Prophets, Peacemakers, Preachers, and Grendels.

Post 11 IP   flag post
I need a Grifter (WildCATS) movie or a Puck (Alpha Flight) movie!

How about, Puck & Grifter co-star with Wolverine in a beer version of the movie Sideways? Traveling across North America pounding down brews and brawlin. Add in Deadpool just to get under everyone's skin.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
Good thing I keep all of those comics from the 90s.They are finally paying off.
Post 13 IP   flag post
@DrWatson - did you say Peacemakers?

Post 14 IP   flag post
For those wondering, this is the 1978 SAA .45 Colt caliber w/ 7 1/2” Barrel. And no, it has never been pressed...I mean fired. @stevericketts do you press, pull, or squeeze?

Post 15 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
I'll pass.

I don't understand why a character with no interest suddenly has interest because of a proposed TV show that has every chance to suck as much as it does to succeed.

I'll stick to my cultivated favorites and everyone else can have their Prophets, Peacemakers, Preachers, and Grendels.

if you really like B characters; it also introduces Shadow Hawk so its a double whammy if that also makes it to film 🤷🏻‍♂️
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
While the print run on Youngblood 2 might be high it appears that people haven't checked the number of the Youngblood 2 books on the census. There are 573 slabbed copies on the CGC census. Only a total of 299 in 9.8, and 177 in 9.6. Compare that with other high print runs like Spawn 1 and it becomes clearer why people might be paying a premium at the moment. (Spawn 1 has over 19,000 copies slabbed).

@HulkSmash I really like ShadowHawk. I collect ShadowHawk OA. Chance Wolf is a fantastic guy and was one of the best inkers in comics before he had to stop drawing due to carpal tunnel. Any page that he and McFarlane graced their talents inking in Spawn #62 is a prize to look at in person. Jim Valentino took a massive chance with the character. He injected race and all the taboos that surrounded anyone that was HIV positive into a comic. That's a brave man in the early 1990's.
Post 17 IP   flag post
@Towmater - I liked Shadowhawk immediately, but, the whole inconsistency with Image and the multi-cover marketing/scam at the time really soured me on collecting, so I was out pretty quick into the 2nd volume.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector RonMob private msg quote post Address this user
This explains why my Prophet 1 and Youngblood 1-3 Lot sold last night. Doh! I am ok with the $20+ shipping I got for the Youngblood lot since they were around NM- but someone got a steal on my Prophet 1 for $5 + shipping since it was a potential 9.6-9.8. The book was available on Ebay for about 6 months. You win some and you lose some!
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector lpgasdude private msg quote post Address this user
I sold almost all of my 90's "dredge" over last summer when I was working from home. I held onto it for all that time. If only we knew, right?
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
I'm glad that with all the stories coming out of Liefeld's twitter I picked up 2 9.8 slabbed copies, and a raw NM for next to nothing over the last 6 months. They all reside my my son's collection. He might even have a 9.6 in there too.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user
I would have never picked up a Youngblood 2 unless it was part of a collection. In fact, that's the last one I picked up and ended up selling it for next to nothing. I went to a 2nd hand bookstore I frequent today that deals with comics and they had one in their bins. Almost got it for $5 but it had a really bad color breaking crease on the spine. Never thought I would have ever given that any consideration at all.
Post 22 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
I used to be friends with a guy who owned a comic shop and he would give me long boxes full of his non moving stuff to sell at the swap meet. I remember at one time I had full boxes of Youngblood and other Image stuff
Don't know if I still have any but will have to check
Post 23 IP   flag post
601455 23 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?