Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Recommend Modern Horror Titles15902

PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Other than Something is Killing the Children, Hill House Comics, and DCeased; They are all already on my to-buy list.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector tonnage71 private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve enjoyed “The Silver Coin” series from Image Comics. First five issues coming to TPB soon. 👍🏼
Post 2 IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
If you want horror in the vein of The Crow, there is Nightcry, a horror anthology. Ed McGuinness drew the first story. Brian Pulido wrote the second one. This copy was signed by horror author/artist, Hart Fisher.

If you like Vampires: Redneck, Dark Red, Wraith, and American Vampire.

Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Ice Cream Man is fun. If you want human depravity/horror Red Room is pretty good. Aftershock has put out a few really good horror/weird mini series (usually 5 issues) - I Breathed a Body, Maniac of New York, Bunny Mask, Nuclear Family, and I'm sure there's more. Nice House on the Lake is interesting.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Zombiebigfoot private msg quote post Address this user
In no particular order:
Faust, Redlands, Babyteeth, Plastic & Dark Ark. There’s always 30 Days of Night also if you’re feeling a bit nostalgic. Hope you find some interesting reading material! 😁👍🏻
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xvipah
Ice Cream Man is fun. If you want human depravity/horror Red Room is pretty good. Aftershock has put out a few really good horror/weird mini series (usually 5 issues) - I Breathed a Body, Maniac of New York, Bunny Mask, Nuclear Family, and I'm sure there's more. Nice House on the Lake is interesting.

Just picked up Red Room #1. Are #2-4 any good?

Finishing Bad Idea's The Lot.

From Hell by Alan Moore and Eddie Campbell is pretty good too.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
@jake They're ok. I don't mind the gore and stuff, story isn't too bad as it goes on down the line.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector tonnage71 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by xvipah

A second vote for Bunny Mask. That series is super weird and creepy! I’m also enjoying Nice House On The Lake. Keeps getting better and better!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector NoahSult private msg quote post Address this user
Check out the imprint of scout comics called “Black Caravan” lots of horror titles in their catalog.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Sandman started out as horror and then Gaiman found his writing voice and started going more into fantasy. This comic got me back into comics, so much that I did an intaglio print and steel sculpture, influenced by it.

Original

My poor man’s version of Kelley Jones

Was trying to emulate the feel of the cloak, but in retrospect, it was more similar to the Sydney Opera House

Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Dalkiel private msg quote post Address this user
Eibon Press is pretty cool.
Post 11 IP   flag post
601271 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?