Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC & @esaravo - Nice!
Post 51 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@KatKomics - One of those Space Vixens would look good with the rest of my Dave Stevens books, Josh.

you say that...but one of them has a decent indent on the back cover and being card stock I'm not really sure it could press out.

Almost want to grade 1 and keep the other raw so I can still enjoy the 3D!
Post 52 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
My doubles are of the not cool variety. The one time I thought it would be funny to go after a book purely for kicks, the internet caught on to Dakota North. Nice books everyone!
Post 53 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Some more slabs.

Well, this just made it's way to the list.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector Silverado private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator and @GAC

I came to this thread hoping to see some Silver Surfers! I haven't been collecting for very long. Just started up after abandoning it in my teens. I don't have many duplicates in slab form, and I only really collect Silver Surfer books, but here are a few meager duplicates that I do have (sorry for the glare, I didn't have time to set up these shots). I love those #10s.

Post 55 IP   flag post

Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Okay, I found a few more. Have fun.

Yes, that really is FOUR copies of Captain Confederacy, and I seriously have no idea why there are so many. Apparently they breed.

To cap things off, this next one may not have multiple copies, but it sure has multiple COVERS.

Why else would I slab a copy of The Futurians?
Post 56 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado
Just started up after abandoning it in my teens.

@Silverado - or should your moniker be @SilverSurferado? I had a similar pause right after graduating High School, I was out of collecting for 9 years, was in for another 4 years, then was out for another 15. When I finish my first 36 Silver Surfer appearances, Rom, and G.I. Joe runs I will be out other than for upgrade opportunities.

Norrin is so Radd
Post 57 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd - Oh, those Starslayers! Sweet!
Post 58 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Quote:

@Silverado - or should your moniker be @SilverSurferado? I had a similar pause right after graduating High School, I was out of collecting for 9 years, was in for another 4 years, then was out for another 15.

Oh, yes. I know about taking a break. I was in it for a lo-o-ong time (worked in my LCS for 5 years of that time), then I went to college. A choice had to be made: Comics or tuition. I sold a LOT of my books for tuition, and while I don't regret the college, I sure do regret selling those books!

Quote:
Oh, those Starslayers! Sweet!

I wish I had 4 copies of #3, too! I met Dave Stevens not long after these came out, and got him to sign Pacific Presents #1 & #2. He was really a nice guy, and just getting started out at the time.
Post 59 IP   flag post
Collector Silverado private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

@Silverado - or should your moniker be @SilverSurferado? I had a similar pause right after graduating High School, I was out of collecting for 9 years, was in for another 4 years, then was out for another 15. When I finish my first 36 Silver Surfer appearances, Rom, and G.I. Joe runs I will be out other than for upgrade opportunities.

Norrin is so Radd

I went with Silverado because Nova refers to Surfer as such during their little fling. I always found this instance a touch hilarious.

Post 60 IP   flag post
@Silverado - that’s great! And I completely missed it. 😎
Post 61 IP   flag post

Post 62 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
These are a combination of mine and copies from Mike Royer's collection, purchased from Mike at SDCC 2019. Two of them were submitted at CBCS.

I'll split them up in two posts.

Post 63 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Post #2

Post 64 IP   flag post
Da-a-a-ang!! All those amazing Kirby books!
Post 65 IP   flag post

Post 66 IP   flag post
Disappointed to see the McFarlane issues (besides #1) don't matter to anyone unless they're 9.8 Newsstands. I won't post them all, but I have anywhere from 3-9 copies (a few NS) each of #2-#14, plus 4 hologram #26's.

Post 67 IP   flag post
@Siggy - wish I could give more than three checks for those posts.
Post 68 IP   flag post
I'm having duplicate/triplicate/quadruplicate/quintuplicate/etc. envy!!!
Post 69 IP   flag post
Collector sckao private msg quote post Address this user
Been rooting around in my boxes recently... Some of these I used to give away free to kids at conventions when I had a booth.

Post 70 IP   flag post
I'll take those for free...
Post 71 IP   flag post
Your obligatory Spawns...

...And a duplicates box I haven't seen in years.

Post 72 IP   flag post

Post 73 IP   flag post
Something less common.

These are stuck in grading limbo...

Post 74 IP   flag post
Deep breath.

Post 75 IP   flag post
I really should grade and sell some of these.
Post 76 IP   flag post
@Siggy - I am guessing your favorite chewing gum is Doublemint gum? and your favorite MCU storyline is Multiverse?
Post 77 IP   flag post
Oh, no-o-o-o!! I'm going into cool comics OVERLOAD!!! ... ByrdBrain.exe has crashed...
Post 78 IP   flag post
That's my concern actually... How many of these are actually still in people's collections waiting to be graded?

They printed millions of these. How many are still out there unread? (This is from one longbox... Silver and Gold Spider-man #1s)

Still kind of cool to look at in a weird way...
Post 79 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Siggy - I am guessing your favorite chewing gum is Doublemint gum? and your favorite MCU storyline is Multiverse?

These (the Spidey's as well as the others I'll be posting) are the result of building a run and my making filling the gaps the priority. I completed the run fairly quickly this way, and over time I upgrade when the right one crosses my sight. Since I don't regularly sell comics, they stack up.

I am thinking about downsizing, though. Really no need for so many raw duplicates.
Post 80 IP   flag post
601460 139 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?