Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user

These particular pairs are favorites of mine for differing reasons. I am keeping these pairs in my force ghost collection to pass on to my twin sons. Hence, the photos taken in front of the twins statue.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator Those are some gorgeous books! How did you land TWO Savage Swords in 9.8!? I've only got one and it's nowhere near that nice.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Byrdibyrd - Thanks. it took a lot of time and patience. I originally owned one from when I was a yute. Was one of my first comics i sent in for encasement. It came back as a 9.6 before i knew what pressing was. Worked a deal with Doug Sulipa (Sulipa’s Comic World) up in Canada for those two plus some raw books to fill some holes. Then i took my originally owned 9.6 and sold it to cover the cost of the 2 9.8’s. Also, i should note, he had 5 or more of those SSoC and he was kind enough to let me specifically pick which ones i wanted. The wrap is very common to be cut off on the left and wrapped somewhat to the side.

All of the other pairs are originally owned since publication.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
I've posted these elsewhere, but I don't mind posting them again.

Post 29 IP   flag post

Post 30 IP   flag post

Post 31 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Some more graded multiples.

Post 32 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator That's what you get for dedication! It's nice to have friends helping out, too. I like it!
Post 33 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Missing a jewellers but these stay ungraded for now
Post 34 IP   flag post
A few other doubles and more
Post 35 IP   flag post

Post 36 IP   flag post
Come on MCU...move to horror!!

Post 37 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
More Drek

Post 38 IP   flag post
4th one(direct edition) may be the best copy is in grading the last few weeks...maybe add a news stand to these?
Post 39 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics

@KatKomics - XO #1, Let me know if one of those is taking up too much space.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics

@KatKomics - XO #1, Let me know if one of those is taking up too much space.

for now they stay at home....still trying to figure what to send to grade...

Not sure Giant Spidey is worth sending in (square bound suck!! maybe 7 to 8s?)...but then again....Punisher is returning to the Mouse and 1st and 2nd appearances are already pricey...maybe 3rd will rise too..also 1st Moses Magnum...maybe he makes an MCU appearance?? might send them for a straight ship to MCS after grading? but could always hold them until something actually gets announced?

XO I will hold...I'm really rooting for more Valiant films!!
Post 41 IP   flag post
@KatKomics - XO Armor goes to the future and finds / becomes the "Good Skin" of Magnus!
Post 42 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics - One of those Space Vixens would look good with the rest of my Dave Stevens books, Josh.
Post 43 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Not what I expected with the thread "Seeing double"
Post 44 IP   flag post
@JustThatGuy - Were you thinking double covers,

or

or

Post 45 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@JustThatGuy - Were you thinking double covers,

or

I'm in Texas and we consider that an insult.
Post 46 IP   flag post
Some more slabs.

Post 47 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 48 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 49 IP   flag post
@JustThatGuy - Touche'
Post 50 IP   flag post
@GAC & @esaravo - Nice!
Post 51 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@KatKomics - One of those Space Vixens would look good with the rest of my Dave Stevens books, Josh.

you say that...but one of them has a decent indent on the back cover and being card stock I'm not really sure it could press out.

Almost want to grade 1 and keep the other raw so I can still enjoy the 3D!
Post 52 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
My doubles are of the not cool variety. The one time I thought it would be funny to go after a book purely for kicks, the internet caught on to Dakota North. Nice books everyone!
Post 53 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Some more slabs.

Well, this just made it's way to the list.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector Silverado private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator and @GAC

I came to this thread hoping to see some Silver Surfers! I haven't been collecting for very long. Just started up after abandoning it in my teens. I don't have many duplicates in slab form, and I only really collect Silver Surfer books, but here are a few meager duplicates that I do have (sorry for the glare, I didn't have time to set up these shots). I love those #10s.

Post 55 IP   flag post
600759 139 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?