Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Thinking of sending books to grade and sell...likely keep the higher of the 2 grades!

Just a few doubles up for consideration

What doubles do you have?

Post 1 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I rarely do doubles. For some odd reason I do multiples of 3 or 10 on most modern books...

Post 2 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Thinking of sending books to grade and sell...likely keep the higher of the 2 grades!

@KatKomics - I see you have the In-N-Out secret menu. As there is a Triple in your Double Doubles.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Attackpilot private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte, where did you get that king spawn cover? OMG😍
Post 4 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Attackpilot

Ebay. I think he / she had 6 copies and I bought him / her out....
Post 5 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 6 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics you looking to sell a JLA Superman logo?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Quote:

@KatKomics - I see you have the In-N-Out secret menu. As there is a Triple in your Double Doubles.

I think 2 will be graded and straight to MCS and one will be a raw delivery to MCS.

I'm 31 books from completing the original 1977 Star Wars series and I've come to the realization I don't reallllly care about any of the other Star Wars titles I have so I might just offload them all - these get priority because Thrawn is coming to the Mouse house...or so I've heard
Post 8 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
I just have Drek doubles.

Post 9 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user

Post 10 IP   flag post

Post 11 IP   flag post

Post 12 IP   flag post

Post 13 IP   flag post
Kinda hard to see, but over 50qty Spider-man 2099 #1 cgc 9.8

Post 14 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Aaaaawwwww... you don’t want to send anything in to be graded right now. Especially from Canada. You want to hit up Ole HeinzDad over a Swampy 37, a Moon Knight, and a Spidey annual.

I already have 2 Swampy 37’s and 2 Hellblazer 1’s, yes, it’s a sickness. Nice spread @KatKomics!
Post 15 IP   flag post

Post 16 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson

I love this cover!!! never saw it before.
Post 17 IP   flag post

Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Whynotv2 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm kind of coveting those volume 1 Silver Surfer issues. I just got my vol 1 number 1 back with a 1.5 grade (cover completely detached). I'm happy with the grade since I don't ever plan on getting rid of it.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Speaking of double double. Here is a book I've boughten in on which I try not to do anymore. I purchased a beat copy of this at the LCS last Wednesday. I read it right away and then ordered all these, super cool. They aren't all doubles but they are, lets face it.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
I am so frustrated!! I have doubles/triples/etc., but so many of them are trapped in The Inescapable Void of Third Party Grading!!! If I had them in my grimy mitts you would see:

Alpha Flight #1 (newsstand edition) x3
Amazing Spider-Man #101 (1971) x2
Black Widow #1 (1999) x2
Firestorm #1 (1978) x2
Hawkeye #1 (1983; newsstand ed.) x15 (not a typo)
Madame Xanadu #1 (1981) x2
Moon Knight #1 x2
New Teen Titans #1 x2
Pacific Presents #1 x3
Pacific Presents #2 x2
Superboy #9 (1994) x2
Thundercats #1 (1985) x6
Tomb of Dracula #12 x2
Tomb of Dracula #13 x3
AND MORE, but for now you can only have...

Post 21 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Here are some graded doubles:

Post 22 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd, imagine getting a fresh batch from April released on parole to get held up at the county fed ex...... It happens, trust me dude.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
imagine getting a fresh batch from April released on parole to get held up at the county fed ex...... It happens, trust me dude

Yes, it does happen. If I had my druthers, there are certain carriers that I would never use. My reasons for that are... a little different. I used to work in defense contracting for my Uncle Sugar as a document controller. There are certain carriers that it is absolutely verboten to use when shipping classified documents/hardware because their security protocols are unacceptable. I will only use those carriers when I have no other choice, but if I had my way, I would never let them transport anything of mine ever.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Oh no-o-o-o!!! I missed one! I'll pretend it was intentional and I was saving the best for last.

The sad part? I actually have THREE of these but one is in Thirding-Party-Grading-Limbo right now.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user

These particular pairs are favorites of mine for differing reasons. I am keeping these pairs in my force ghost collection to pass on to my twin sons. Hence, the photos taken in front of the twins statue.
Post 26 IP   flag post
@Scifinator Those are some gorgeous books! How did you land TWO Savage Swords in 9.8!? I've only got one and it's nowhere near that nice.
Post 27 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd - Thanks. it took a lot of time and patience. I originally owned one from when I was a yute. Was one of my first comics i sent in for encasement. It came back as a 9.6 before i knew what pressing was. Worked a deal with Doug Sulipa (Sulipa’s Comic World) up in Canada for those two plus some raw books to fill some holes. Then i took my originally owned 9.6 and sold it to cover the cost of the 2 9.8’s. Also, i should note, he had 5 or more of those SSoC and he was kind enough to let me specifically pick which ones i wanted. The wrap is very common to be cut off on the left and wrapped somewhat to the side.

All of the other pairs are originally owned since publication.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
I've posted these elsewhere, but I don't mind posting them again.

Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user

Post 30 IP   flag post
601455 139 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?