Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Arcade1Up Defender Cabinet15851

Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
The 40th Anniversary of Defender is happening. Arcade1Up has a Defender cabinet on pre-order at certain places. We just ordered it. According to Wal-Mart, it should arrive in late October. I can't wait!

Post 1 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
That is unspeakably cool.
Post 2 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
I got a New Mutants CGC 9.6 to trade for a 1Up Deluxe 12 in 1 Atari version with riser and stool
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Defender™
Mortal Kombat™
Mortal Kombat II™
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3™
Joust™™
Rampage™
Gauntlet™
Paperboy™
Rootbeer Tapper™
Bubbles™
Toobin™
Wizard of Wor™
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user

I really enjoy mine. I mainly play Galaxian and Galaga on mine.
Post 5 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
There was a huge liquidation auction a few weeks ago of arcade and pinball machines. Missed it (online) and kicking myself even though shipping logistics would’ve been tough.

Old school is still the best (and this is coming from a 3 PS5 household)
Post 6 IP   flag post
@Davethebrave Buy local as they will deliver to your home, set them up, and service the machines. That's where we got our pinball machine for our arcade. The multiple warehouse locations our local vendor has are crazy. They have machines from the 1970's through now. It was a fantastic walk down memory lane for me when they took me through them to pick out a pinball machine.

If you don't have a local vendor then TNT Amusements in PA is a pretty good source. The replacement back glass for our pinball machine came from a company they recommended.

I went with the Arcade1up cabinet due to the cost difference. 449.00 vs. 2700.00 for an original cabinet. If it arrives messed up I'll return it to Wal-Mart and have them ship another one.

The only cabinet we need is Donkey Kong. The search for it continues.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@Towmater Agreed. I have a few pinball machines but only one setup in my house - “Viper Night Driving” by Sega. Low volume unit of 1,100 produced matching (roughly) production numbers of the ‘96 coupe GTS. Soundtrack by Slash. Pinball, plus Viper, plus Slash … plus (rare) glow-in-dark balls = win.

Will check out the 1up too. Love that stuff.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@BrianGreensnips I kind of your Christmas Tree on top of the mini-fridge, lol.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@BrianGreensnips What aromatherapy candle do you use during gaming?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
@BrianGreensnips What aromatherapy candle do you use during gaming?
I really don't know. They must be my daughters candles. I think I took this photo during Christmas time when we bought the game. I think my wife bought it from a tv sale show, maybe QVC or something like that.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I thought it was a drink at first.

Of course I would, since I have been drinking.
Post 12 IP   flag post
I was also thinking that if I were to put up a nice tree for the holidays my cats would make sure it ended up looking like the one on the mini-fridge by the end of the month!
Post 13 IP   flag post
The Frogger cabinet we ordered arrived today.

Surprise, surprise so did the 40th anniversary Defender cabinet. It wasn't supposed to arrive until October. An even bigger surprise was that the Defender cabinet has the same games that the old Rampage cabinet had on it and it has 8 other games. We thought we were just getting Defender. So, we got Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat II, Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, Joust, Defender, Rampage, Gauntlet, Paperboy, Rootbeer Tapper, Bubbles, Toobin, and Wizard of Wor.

Once we get them out to the lake and installed I snap so pictures.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
@Towmater I so wanted the Frogger cabinet until I realized it does not have the original music that to me is just as important as the game. Hopefully they will be able to get the licensing for it in the future if so I will definitely buy one.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
The Frogger cabinet we ordered arrived today.

Surprise, surprise so did the 40th anniversary Defender cabinet. It wasn't supposed to arrive until October. An even bigger surprise was that the Defender cabinet has the same games that the old Rampage cabinet had on it and it has 8 other games. We thought we were just getting Defender. So, we got Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat II, Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, Joust, Defender, Rampage, Gauntlet, Paperboy, Rootbeer Tapper, Bubbles, Toobin, and Wizard of Wor.

Once we get them out to the lake and installed I snap so pictures.

October started yesterday 🤔
Post 16 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Post 17 IP   flag post
Something disappeared.

@HulkSmash Wal-Mart's website shows Defender as a preorder that is to arrive in late Oct. We ordered both Frogger and Defender at the same time. The emails showed that Frogger was shipping. Defender was on preorder until Oct 11, 2021. We got both on them on the same day. So, the surprise.

Is Feb 12, 2020, the day you joined the forum?
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Something disappeared.

@HulkSmash Wal-Mart's website shows Defender as a preorder that is to arrive in late Oct. We ordered both Frogger and Defender at the same time. The emails showed that Frogger was shipping. Defender was on preorder until Oct 11, 2021. We got both on them on the same day. So, the surprise.

Is Feb 12, 2020, the day you joined the forum?

Yep.. That’s what my profile says
Post 19 IP   flag post
I played Defender today. I'm going to have to log a bunch of hours on that machine to get back to the scoring level I had as a teenager. It kicked my butt.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
I played Defender today. I'm going to have to log a bunch of hours on that machine to get back to the scoring level I had as a teenager. It kicked my butt.

Reflexes and hand-eye coordination not what it once was? I know the feeling.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:

Reflexes and hand-eye coordination not what it once was? I know the feeling.

Not having a feel for the game or the controls is the main hurtle for me. The last time I played Defender was 30+ years ago. Now our pinball or Galaga machine (which I play often) I'm very adept at playing and can crush people who want to play me.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Frogger and Defender in the house!

Post 23 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Frogger and Defender in the house!

looks great! congrats!!
Post 24 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
There's a classic Tron game coming. Can't wait for that!
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

That could push me over the edge. Wouldn't mind owning one of those.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

That could push me over the edge. Wouldn't mind owning one of those.

Its pricier than others but it's definitely cool!

clickable text
Post 27 IP   flag post
@GAC That is GORGEOUS!!
Post 28 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd I spent alot of quarters in that machine!
Post 29 IP   flag post
@GAC It was worth it, though!
Post 30 IP   flag post
600865 34 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?