Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Does anyone recognize the signatures?15849

Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Does Bob Burden's work always tend to have characters appearing in the upper margins of the books? He did a story in this one called Robot Crime, that has the faces of several of the characters up in the margins, but I had assumed it was a printed part of the book
Post 51 IP   flag post
Hello, my name is Stu and I'm a shill. HexView private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexView
Quote:
Julie was there then with her husband, Kevin and Bernie Wrightson, no less, as well as John Severin, and Bill Sienkiwickz..wow...plus Dave Dorman, Jeff Jones, and Mark bode, and Veitch

Twenty kick-ass artists and Julie. She was about a 1/2 foot taller than me 😆 Hey I'd keep looking through that mag, there's gotta be a Joe Kubert sig in there.

Sometimes you have to appreciate genius for what it is. Alright check this out Hexview, I spent an hour paging through that magazine over and over and found a few more things that sort of amazed me...first lets cover your theory that this was signed at the museum, on the 20th anniversary. Check out this signature I found from Dave Sims, I believe.
He actually recorded the place and time! Northhampton, 11-8-97 precisely indicating the Museum and event you stated.....
So why not double down....you said keep looking, there had to be a Joe kubert signed in there somewhere.....and although it was hard to find, it looks like this!

14 signatures inside and out, and five are all people we know are deceased

Julie Strain
Bernie Wrightson
Jeff Jones
John Severin
Joe Kubert

Finding that Kubert as well really did it for me!
Awesome! I knew there had to be a Joe Kubert in there
Post 52 IP   flag post
Hello, my name is Stu and I'm a shill. HexView private msg quote post Address this user
So you got me thinking... so I went and checked... and YUP! Dave Sim:

Post 53 IP   flag post
I wasn't sure if that Cerebus book would have the same Sig as yours since I met Dave there twice. A couple months before the HM 20th party they had an Indy panel with Sim, Dave Lapham, Evan Dorkin, Sarah Dyer, and Ben Edlund!
Post 54 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Julie was there then with her husband, Kevin and Bernie Wrightson, no less, as well as John Severin, and Bill Sienkiwickz..wow...plus Dave Dorman, Jeff Jones, and Mark bode, and Veitch

Twenty kick-ass artists and Julie. She was about a 1/2 foot taller than me 😆 Hey I'd keep looking through that mag, there's gotta be a Joe Kubert sig in there.

Sometimes you have to appreciate genius for what it is. Alright check this out Hexview, I spent an hour paging through that magazine over and over and found a few more things that sort of amazed me...first lets cover your theory that this was signed at the museum, on the 20th anniversary. Check out this signature I found from Dave Sims, I believe.
He actually recorded the place and time! Northhampton, 11-8-97 precisely indicating the Museum and event you stated.....
So why not double down....you said keep looking, there had to be a Joe kubert signed in there somewhere.....and although it was hard to find, it looks like this!

14 signatures inside and out, and five are all people we know are deceased

Julie Strain
Bernie Wrightson
Jeff Jones
John Severin
Joe Kubert

Finding that Kubert as well really did it for me!
Awesome! I knew there had to be a Joe Kubert in there
You straight up called it without even seeing the book! Superb job!
Post 55 IP   flag post

Quote:
So you got me thinking... so I went and checked... and YUP! Dave Sim:

It all matches perfectly with the premise you gave, and completely validates the book and to a great degree all the signatures. Now i know the reason, time, place and event ....as well as who every signature I found in the book belongs to. Now I just need to make sure I havent missed any of the signed areas, they can be fairly hard to spot like the Kubert was.
Post 56 IP   flag post
Thanks for all your help Hexview, you have given me tremendous insight into what I have and its backstory. Appreciate the help!
Post 57 IP   flag post
Glad I could help, that's a kick-ass book you have there! 👍
Post 58 IP   flag post
601455 58 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?