CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Restoration and ConservationGrading Help NeededQuestions

Coverless comics1581

COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Yes thats a shaft IMO. .5? That sucks.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Johnnylray private msg quote post Address this user
I'm new to the grading circle..so I wonder..Will CBCS CALL us if they find it is a Restored or Missing page book?..In the event we didn't know and do not want to encapsulate it?..That would be a great idea before we cringe upon seeing a bad grade..Thoughts? Ray/RI.

I mean..when we submit a book we INSURE it for a big value , thinking it is valuable..but if it comes back restored or crappy grade do they REFUND the money it was insured for??
Post 27 IP   flag post
Select the pre-screen option when submitting and choose your minimum grade. If it doesnt make it, you only pay the shipping.. maybe they have an option for restored finding idk though
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Johnnylray private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you..never knew that! @shrewbeer !
Post 29 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah I don't blame CBCS or anybody really. I surveyed the book, and as grading notes state it does not affect story so I easily skimmed over that, not feeling the need to count pages and verify total page count. It was unexpected for sure. I just felt the grade was harsh. I would totally find a beater copy and put that page in it and have it regraded. That's a valuable book otherwise!
Post 30 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Yeah I don't blame CBCS or anybody really. I surveyed the book, and as grading notes state it does not affect story so I easily skimmed over that, not feeling the need to count pages and verify total page count. It was unexpected for sure. I just felt the grade was harsh. I would totally find a beater copy and put that page in it and have it regraded. That's a valuable book otherwise!

That book brings back bad memories. Had my kids with me at the CS and so of course im distracted; I saw a good looking copy for $40. Happily paid for it and a few small toys for the little ones, got home and noticed the "marvel spotlight" at the top. REPRINT 😡🔫.
Post 31 IP   flag post
596795 31 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?