Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS GradedCBCS Signature ASPSignaturesSigning Opportunities

CBCS Announces Stan Sakai Signing!15807

I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I received an email today from CBCS about the Stan Sakai Upcoming Signing:

clickable text
Post 1 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I only have one Stan Sakai comic worth submitting and it looks like it was graded accurately. Should I send this in to CBCS?

Post 2 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
That Albedo #3 is really Sweet! It's in much better shape than mine. Even so, I'll be sending mine in for signing, along with my Albedo #4.
Post 3 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
I only have one Stan Sakai comic worth submitting and it looks like it was graded accurately. Should I send this in to CBCS?

If you don’t sell it to me and I will! 😉
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
That Albedo #3 is really Sweet! It's in much better shape than mine. Even so, I'll be sending mine in for signing, along with my Albedo #4.
I sent my 4 in on the last Sakai signing. I would highly recommend the Torso and Sword option.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
it's really too bad they only offer comic signings and remarks - CBCS does have the art option.
I would 100% pay a couple hundred for whatever size sheet of paper would fit in that holder for a decent sketch.

just sayin....leaving money on the table.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Quote:
I sent my 4 in on the last Sakai signing. I would highly recommend the Torso and Sword option.

I think I'll take your advice! I was considering it, but on the fence. I'll go for it!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I think I'll take your advice! I was considering it, but on the fence. I'll go for it!
Ill post a pic after work to get really fired up!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Ill post a pic after work to get really fired up!

I wanna check that out!
Post 9 IP   flag post
I'm thinking about doing the back cover, and who knows, I may keep this one, although my main intention when I purchased it a few months ago was to flip it when the netflix series is released. @Heinzdad unfortunately this is another book that I can't sell you, it appears only my dreck is ever for sale.
Post 10 IP   flag post

Post 11 IP   flag post
@flanders, I don’t think it’s that you only sell your dreck. I think it’s more of we like the same books. Get a sketch on that book and keep it! He did silver on a friend of mines black book. He had the whole front open on his window bag and his sketch goes across the whole cover. It may sound tacky but it flows with the composition. I cut smaller windows on my bags right where I wanted my sketches and because of that I feel they were a little more detailed.
Post 12 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad Good night!! That is so cool. I'd be jeally, but someday I'll have my own!!! My Albedo #4 definitely gets a sketch.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
it's really too bad they only offer comic signings and remarks - CBCS does have the art option.
I would 100% pay a couple hundred for whatever size sheet of paper would fit in that holder for a decent sketch.

Stan sells OA on his website. He might even take commissions.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics

Thanks for the heads up. I’ll have to look into this!
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito

I am not safe.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Batworldfan private msg quote post Address this user
Hey so I've never used CBCS for a signing like this. So if you want books pressed after signing, they give you no benefit time wise unlike CGC? So can anyone guess if you send in a few modern books, and get them pressed for as cheap as possible, how long would it take to see them again?
Post 17 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
So, from signing to getting a book back in-hand, what is the fastest (likely, not “headline”) TAT for this?

I just got an expedited grade done at CGC that took 8 days from them receiving the book to it being shipped back… is there a CBCS option that could come close even with the signing?
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
what is the fastest (likely, not “headline”) TAT for this?

This was at the bottom of the email I received about the signing. I've never done one of these before but I interpreted it to mean that the signing date is tentative and it could take "in excess of 4 months" from the October 16th deadline for the comics to be mailed to CBCS after they are signed, where they would enter whatever pressing/grading cue you select.

Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
what is the fastest (likely, not “headline”) TAT for this?

This was at the bottom of the email I received about the signing. I've never done one of these before but I interpreted it to mean that the signing date is tentative and it could take up to 4 months from the October 16th deadline for the comics to be even mailed to CBCS, where they would enter whatever pressing/grading cue you select. So even if you select the 1 day/2-day modern/rapid tier (which all state 1 week at this time) you could be waiting a minimum 17 weeks from 10/16 to have your books shipped back to you.

Thank you!
Post 20 IP   flag post
@Davethebrave you're welcome, but I think someone that has actually submitted books for a CBCS signing could give you far better feedback on the turnaround. I'll try to find some old threads about it.

There's an actual tag for signing opportunities that has some posts that are helpful:

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/tag/signing-opportunities

Looks like they did a Sakai signing November 2020 as well. @Heinzdad did you submit to this and if so how long did it take for the signing portion?
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Davethebrave you're welcome, but I think someone that has actually submitted books for a CBCS signing could give you far better feedback on the turnaround. I'll try to find some old threads about it.

I think your info was more than sufficient for my purpose :-) I read it as you did… that it can and likely will take a long while hah
Post 22 IP   flag post
I did submit last November. Keep in mind that before I answer how long it took that was a different time in cbcs lore.

My whopping two books were back without a press in early March 2021. If I were to guess that would be 10-12 months time inflation now to speak????
Post 23 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
I sent some books in for the James Tynion IV and Werther Dell'Edera signing.

I believe they stated in the fine print "This is going to take some time. If you cannot wait a long time for your books this signing may not be for you"
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector monjoody private msg quote post Address this user
I've done two mail-in signings. It really depends on where everyone is located.

The Parillo, Mattini signing took the longest. Sent them in July '20 and got them back end of November '20.

Also did the Cates, Stegman signing this year. Sent in three (2 for DC, 1 for both) in January '21 and got them back mid-March '21.
Post 25 IP   flag post
600892 25 25
This topic is archived. Start new topic?