Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
NFL Football

NFL 2021 week 2 picks, predictions and discussions.15744

Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
I personally don't expect any NFC East team to be in the Playoffs this season. If it does happen, it will probably be a fluke.
Since the winner of each division makes the playoffs, I expect one NFL East time to be in the playoffs. So more like one will make it on a technicality than making it on a fluke.
Post 26 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 27 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I knew I should have picked Vegas!! Carr is on fire!!!

And the Vikes are looking good!! I hope they look that good for the second half.
Post 28 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
I didn't pick either team, but I hope Vegas and the Vikes can pull it off.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Raiders look legit through two weeks. Big win at home against BAL in week 1 and today on the road against a good PIT defense. Carr looks rejuvenated.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user

....but that lateral, its a miracle ! and....oh pfft, almost
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector calisto6 private msg quote post Address this user
What’s with these taunting penalties??
Post 32 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by calisto6

NFL decided to make a conscious decision to flag taunting more this season. It's kind of silly like when the NHL decided to start enforcing the instigation rule a few years back.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector calisto6 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Quote:
Originally Posted by calisto6

NFL decided to make a conscious decision to flag taunting more this season. It's kind of silly like when the NHL decided to start enforcing the instigation rule a few years back.

It is silly. Wow…
I stopped watching NHL a few years back too.

I miss the older days of sports…
Post 34 IP   flag post
Fitting end for the Vikes game.
Post 35 IP   flag post
I don't know who is calling the offensive plays for the Vikes, but they need to be fired!!! Our passing game was on fire. So, what do the Vikes do? They go with the running game in the second half!! I swear they purposefully lose some games!!!
Post 36 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
If you see a mistake, please let me know.

Post 37 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
I don't know who is calling the offensive plays for the Vikes, but they need to be fired!!! Our passing game was on fire. So, what do the Vikes do? They go with the running game in the second half!! I swear they purposefully lose some games!!!

I know what you mean, bro. Too many times I've seen play calling deviate from what works. And I'm not just referring to the Vikes.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
@zdoes10 I have KC tonight, not Baltimore. I also had Dallas, not the Chargers.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Interesting games so far. New Orleans looked like world beaters last week, terrible this week. Tennessee looked great this week and awful last week. Go figure.

@Pre_Coder Curious if you still feel the same way about Zuerlein after he nailed that 56 yarder at the gun for Dallas😉.
Post 40 IP   flag post
That was a fun game to watch!!!
Post 41 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelekrupp
@zdoes10 I have KC tonight, not Baltimore. I also had Dallas, not the Chargers.

Mike,

I am sorry about that. I have corrected the sheet.
Post 42 IP   flag post
Corrected Copy.

Post 43 IP   flag post
My Week 2 random thoughts:

1. The NFL is such a week to week league. Anytime you think you have a team or the league figured out, you don't. How can the Saints destroy the Packers in week 1, but get beat down by the Panthers in week 2?
2. I (along with a lot of people) thought WFT's defense would be better than this. So much talent, but giving up so many yards and points.
3. Just knew that the Bills would bounce back and have a big game this week and they did.
4. The Jets should have stayed with Sam Darnold. He looks good in Carolina and their new rookie QB just threw for another INT.
5. Most random stat I heard yesterday was that Derek Carr broke the Raiders franchise record for most yards in consecutive games. If Gruden and Carr have figured out how to work together, the Raiders could be tough all year.
6. Second tough luck loss in a row for the Vikes. Cousins put them in position to win both and had good games in both, but still some want to blame him.
7. Maybe it was too soon to bury Ryan Tannehill. But is sure helps when Derrick Henry has a beast of a game. That dude is awesome.
8. I said it last week and I'll say it again. Mahomes is great, but the Chiefs defense sucks. They will need to put up 35 a game just to have a shot at winning.
Post 44 IP   flag post
@Lonestar I don't blame Cousins for this loss. It appears that Kubiak (Klint, not to be confused with his dad Gary whom he replaced), is calling the plays. Switching to the run game for the second half and acting like they had the lead was a bone head move!!! But ultimately, Joseph missing an extra point and a 37 yard field goal was our demise. Our defense sucks ... again. This is why I'm having a hard time finding confidence in the Vikes this year.

New Orleans beat the Packers because Rodgers crashed and burned!!! I'm hoping for a repeat performance from Rodgers tonight.
Post 45 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town

....but that lateral, its a miracle ! and....oh pfft, almost

Looking at her makes me feel the opposite of how I felt watching my Jets shit the bed.
Post 46 IP   flag post
So far this season we’ve seen some crazy good games in prime time. Hopefully tonight will continue that trend, in spite of this sinking feeling I have that this one could be over by halftime. Just have to keep in mind that football miracles do happen occasionally, and hopefully we’ll all be spending the rest of the week talking about what’s wrong with Aaron Rodgers.🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁
Post 47 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelekrupp
... and hopefully we’ll all be spending the rest of the week talking about what’s wrong with Aaron Rodgers.

I could live with that.
Post 48 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
New Orleans beat the Packers because Rodgers crashed and burned!!! I'm hoping for a repeat performance from Rodgers tonight.
I expect Rodgers to have a big night tonight. After being embarrassed last week, he'll want to prove he's not done yet.
Post 49 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
It looks like it's @Jesse_O, @pre_coder, @flanders, @lonestar, @Studley_Dudley and @Jake that have a chance for the win tonight. It all comes down to the tiebreaker, but @Jesse_O also needs a Detroit win. Good luck everyone!
Post 50 IP   flag post
Go Lions!!!!

Rodgers will self destruct again.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Good game so far!🤞 I had no idea that Joe Barry is now the Packers defensive coordinator. As (former Lions coach) Rod Marinelli’s son-in-law, he was the architect of the worst defense in NFL history during the Lions infamous 0-16 season. Not sure if there has been a worse overall defense since then, but my assessment of the Packers prospects for this season is now significantly downgraded knowing he is DC. Lions offense looks good… Anthony Lynn is a great play caller, the best we’ve had in years. Defense still needs to learn how to tackle!… and maybe try to rip the ball out of there a little more. Just glad I’m not heading for bed right now!
Post 52 IP   flag post
I was going to comment how the Packers were sticking to the run and high percentage passes. Then Rodgers tosses one into the next zip code. Oh well, he still has time to screw up. LOL
Post 53 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O unfortunately, Rogers was money in the second half. The Lions just couldn’t get out of their own way after halftime. I think the wheels started to come off when they failed to convert on the 4th and 1. I understand the call but I would kick the field goal in that situation every time. After that, things just went south fast between penalties and turnovers. Goff seemed to have trouble holding onto the ball once it started raining. The interception was a horrible decision by him. He threw a pick six in a similar situation last week. He needs to learn that sometimes (nay, most of the time)it’s better to just let yourself be tackled than to throw it up for grabs trying to make a play. The Lions showed exactly what they are: they have a strong (top 5 IMO) offensive line, a respectable run game and short passing game, but zero playmakers at the WR position, although I do think Cephus has potential. Their defense was never going to stop the Packers. Their scheme was decent, playing to protect the inexperienced players in the secondary, but team tackling on defense is atrocious, especially at the linebacker position. It’s going to be ugly when Baltimore runs all over us next week😑. I do like the coaching staff and I see what they are trying to build. I just hope that they use those four first round picks in the next two years wisely.
Post 54 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I was so close to victory...How does the tiebreaker work since there are multiple people with 51 points, one with 53 and the total points scored is 52?

This is from the printyourbrackets site:

Our Recommended Rules for Tiebreakers:

If the two [or more] participants guess the same total or if they both miss the total by the same number of points then they should [all] be declared winners.

Congrats @lonestar, @Studley_Dudley and @Jake on the win, unless you guys think there's a better way of handling this.
Post 55 IP   flag post
601523 59 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?