Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Non-Responsive Customer Service After Label Mistake15735

would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
Under your argument then the grade could be a typo and he shouldn't have an issue with that either. It is just a mistake that will get corrected, right?

I would request they regrade the book from the start.
Is the date correct, I wonder? I looked online a bit but can't tell if 4/21 is the date for that issue or for issue 3 (of this specific variant, not the date of the first print initial release).

The label could have been meant for a different book.

I've seen on a couple occasions (videos) where CGC swapped 2 labels on 2 books of a submission.
It really could be the wrong label, not just a typo.

Hopefully Steve offers that.
Post 26 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
What about my examples?

I may end up at the same conclusion as you due to zero responses to correcting the issue. But drawing that line is indeed a gray zone. Because the material part of the service was rendered: grade, authentication, encapsulation. Perfection is not a typical product standard, which is why software has patches and warranties exist and have limitations.

I answered that. If you don't get what you paid for, then you have every right to get your refund.

Refund isn't the #1 answer to the situation. Refund is the answer when no follow-up service is offered to provide you with the product/service that you paid for.

What you're discussing is more or less the process of how we get to the black/white conclusion. Step 1 would be to contact the brand that didn't provide the proper end-item. The final step would always be the same - for me - though: Refund by whatever means necessary.

Like I said, same or similar end-point. The gray part is where to draw the line after reaching out to customer service and attempting resolution.

But for me this would push it over the edge. But that is for me - different views so a bit gray.

Happy it appears to now be on the path to resolution.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfoster43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigur_Ros

But in fairness to the CBCS quality control... it is pretty hard to tell that's issue #4

LOL yes, pretty hard. Squinting ... squinnnnntiiiinnng ...

Although if we saw on the submission form that it was submitted as a #3...that would be an interesting twist on the whole thing. Not justification, just funny.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Seeing how people sometimes buy the label, and not the book, I can see this being a potential problem for the OP in the future when it comes time to resell. I can already see threads popping up about a suspected label swap purchase.

The OP paid for a service which includes getting the right label for his books. Who knows, maybe that isn't even the right label for his book. Imagine if this were a CGC book. I'm sure the responses would have been much different.
Post 29 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
The cgc screw up labels all the time. I personally still have two that need fixing. They used to screw them up at on site grading with regularity.

It shouldn't happen with either company, but it does. It's no big deal. Send it back in. They'll fix it. Of course now isn't the best time since both companies are flooded with more submissions than they can handle.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
The cgc screw up labels all the time. I personally still have two that need fixing. They used to screw them up at on site grading with regularity.

It shouldn't happen with either company, but it does. It's no big deal. Send it back in. They'll fix it. Of course now isn't the best time since both companies are flooded with more submissions than they can handle.

- Did you contact CGC about them?
- If you did, then did you wait 2 to 3 weeks for them to respond back to you about the issue?
- If they did respond back, did they provide a mailing label for you to send the books back in so you wouldn't incur shipping costs for their mistake?
Post 31 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
It shouldn't happen with either company, but it does. It's no big deal.

Both of these sentences are opinions. I agree with one of them, but not the other.
Post 32 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaard
Quote:
It shouldn't happen with either company, but it does. It's no big deal.

Both of these sentences are opinions. I agree with one of them, but not the other.

I should have said... It's no big deal to me.
Post 33 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaard

Is it really a "big deal", though?
Post 34 IP   flag post
600453 34 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?