Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Grading Help NeededQuestions

Spare a grade? (Uncanny 266)15722

Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user

Back cover is flawless, sharp corners and no ticks so I didnt bother getting a picture of that. Top right corner is red showing guessing from a slight miscut when being made, and some minor spine ticks around 1/8" in length none of which are color breaking.
Post 1 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Hard to say while in the bag…for me anyway. Too much light reflection. Back cover pics are better for a good grade estimate. 🤙
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Briten private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galen130
Hard to say while in the bag…for me anyway. Too much light reflection. Quote:
Originally Posted by Galen130

I agree we need something without the bag. The cover looks under saturated and faded. Could be the bag.
Post 3 IP   flag post

There's some out of the bag, including back cover. Color on the front cover seems maybe there was variation when printing(lighter ink towards end of a run?) As some colors pop nicely and others are a tiny bit dull, although still similar to other high grade copies I've seen out there.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Sebastsk8 - Looks like a really nice copy. Like you said, the colors are not as deep as I have seen. Here’s my copy for comparison.

Post 5 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
9.4 to 9.6. Great looking copy with good centering. Good luck with the grade!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Starting to build a list of books I'll be dropping off at a con, this one definitely being one of them. Considering what I paid for it, I'd even be doing well with a 9.2-9.4, but hoping a press could bring that up to a 9.6.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
9.4 to 9.6. Great looking copy with good centering. Good luck with the grade!

^^Sames^^

If it needs a good in the future let me know.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
I’ll go 9.6…
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Wayneds private msg quote post Address this user
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
A few color breaking spine ticks and spine crease are visible. Also that bottom left corner is slightly rounded. I'd say it's NM- (9.2).
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
I'm gonna go with 9.4 - 9.6 with a clean and press (pressable back cover bend). It has a few very tiny small color breaking spine ticks. I really couldn't see any damage to the corners or any thumb/flip damage, or oils from hands/foods. It's a really nice comic!

Post 12 IP   flag post
597882 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?