Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector vision6797 private msg quote post Address this user
Just wondering how difficult get a hold of a live person at CBCS? Sent two books on april 18th to be graded and verify, 2 issues from volume 1 swamp thing. I sent to emails and one phone and no reponse.
Post 1 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I sent 30 the same day with no verification. Hang tight lil fella.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Have they shown up as 'processing' yet on your CBCS dashboard? If they have, then it's a waiting game at this point. I just got some books back that I submitted in March, so you may get some satisfaction coming up 'soon.'
Post 3 IP   flag post
yes they showed processing along time ago. Later I got an email said they are being graded. nothing else. I dont mind the wait too much. but when you email and call and no answer? lol it can get aggravating. they got them April 18. I am trying all four companies out with books. CGC, with issues and wait times, Cbcs , commmuniction. PGX, customer service is excellent, can call talk to a person, very helpful and informative. And the new kid on block EGS, which i have done four shipments and 4 books with custom labels and i was blown away. They also answer the phone and communicate on phone or emails. I know they are probably overwhelmed with the increase body of work, but at the very lease be more communicative. I do like CBCS's verification style.
Post 4 IP   flag post
The grading can take A While! That goes for CGC, too. I have books I sent there for a signing that have been in grading/encapsulation/imaging for over a week now. The number of books in that particular lot is... TWO!!! C'mon, people! Going on two weeks just to check out a whopping TWO books!?

Also, I really appreciate the good info on the other grading companies! I'm relatively happy with CBCS, and their signature verification is awesome, but it's great to know options, just in case. Thanks!!
Post 5 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
@vision6797, Ill Pm you when I get mine. Yours would hypothetically be two weeks later with the verification.
Post 6 IP   flag post
thanks
Post 7 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
The grading can take A While! That goes for CGC, too. I have books I sent there for a signing that have been in grading/encapsulation/imaging for over a week now. The number of books in that particular lot is... TWO!!! C'mon, people! Going on two weeks just to check out a whopping TWO books!?

I think it's those pesky, "thousands of other books that they got before yours" that might be getting in the way.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
Quote:

I think it's those pesky, "thousands of other books that they got before yours" that might be getting in the way.

I was trying to think of a polite way of saying that submitting 2 books doesn't give you priority over the people submitting 200. You found the words.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Lol
Post 10 IP   flag post
If there are two hundred (or thousands) of books ahead of mine being graded, why are mine being listed as being graded? Accurate listings of where books are in the process is what I'm asking for, not preferential treatment.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
If there are two hundred (or thousands) of books ahead of mine being graded, why are mine being listed as being graded? Accurate listings of where books are in the process is what I'm asking for, not preferential treatment.

I'd think that means your books are graded, waiting to be encapsulated, and in line behind however many other books that are waiting for the same thing.

If over the next 6 months CBCS's submissions increase, it's a sure bet their TATs will increase some as well. The process can't move faster without risk to quality.

Long TATs suck, but consider why PGX and others have quicker times. It's not because they're comparable
Post 12 IP   flag post
I totally agree on the reasons why folks put up with some annoyances from CGC/CBCS. Small conveniences from PGX don't make up for questionable quality and service. However, the wait times are getting a bit extra-special at least in part because of inconsistencies. The two books I have mentioned above have been in grading/encapsulation/imaging (g/e/i) for about two weeks now, and in the meantime, I had another submission of three books go through that stage in a couple of days and I actually received them last week. They reached g/e/i AFTER the above books, they are now in my hands, and the two-book submission is still stuck in g/e/i. I just have questions that I know won't be answered because customer support is swamped, and I'm not going to hassle them with something as trivial as this.
Post 13 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision6797
Just wondering how difficult get a hold of a live person at CBCS?

It depends on whether or not your matter requires competence.
Post 14 IP   flag post
wow all these so called experts. first off i wasnt hassling them. second, my have been in grading for months. I only was going to be polite and ask them questions. since communications is important for your customers. I wasnt worried. Been collecting for 52 years and just started grading my books two years ago. Feels like i am in a political arena with all the sarcasm. geez
Post 15 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
it sounds like they are either in the Grading que or in que for Labels/Encasement.
Post 16 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
@vision6797 DM sent
Post 17 IP   flag post
@HulkSmash Very likely. They may also just have landed at the workstation of someone who's a little slower than more experienced co-workers. Again, no reason to hassle people over it. Lots of complaints more worthy of attention than mine.

@sborock That is pretty awesome. Reasons why I'm switching from CGC to CBCS keep coming up.
Post 18 IP   flag post
598062 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?