Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkArt Sketch CoversCBCS GradedQuestions

What happened to CBCS Support?15714

Collector honukai92 private msg quote post Address this user
I haven't had to contact support in a while, but in the past they've been really helpful. I've been emailing support for about a month now without a single response. Called a couple of times that ended with a promise to callback, most of the time no one even answered and no one has ever called me back.

I had a sketch cover sent straight to CBCS by an artist from Singapore so that I could get the Authentic Label, unfortanetly USPS doesn't track items from Singapore and I would just like to know if my package ever arrived.

Does anyone know how to get ahold of support, or what I should do next?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Happyfacecomics private msg quote post Address this user
Prey
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@honukai92 Did you get a tracking number from the artist? USPS might not track the package while it is in Singapore but once it enters customs they should track it. I had an artist in Indonesia and I was able to track it to CBCS’ door. Still waiting for it to update on my account but I do have the USPS showing it as delivered.

To answer your first question, Zack left his job at CBCS several years ago and their customer service has been struggling ever since. When CBCS was purchased by Beckett they opened a call center in India so you could at least get someone on the phone but they can only answer basic questions, answers for most of which you can find on your account dashboard. For anything more complicated they ostensibly refer your question to someone at the Texas facility, who are also the ones handling support via email, but it is rare for them to respond in a timely manner and same with receiving a response via email.

And all that was BEFORE you threw on the Pandemic and current flood of cases
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector comixfan59 private msg quote post Address this user
Support? It doesn’t exist. I called today after this issue that has been months with no resolve. The Receptionist answered the phone and said a manager named Alex was going to call me right back after he finished with another customer. No call back.
The issue is we sent in 13 books and all came back severely damaged either damaged by USPS and ignored by CBCS and they went ahead and graded them without notifying us so we could at least put in a claim through insurance, or the staff damaged them at CBSS and said nothing. All had damage in the exact same spot. The grading notes even says “impact” for each book.
They did not take long to return them but another order that went in March received in April finally came back last week.
They refuse to take any accountability of the damaged books by the way costing me thousands of dollars because of how they handled my books.

I guess I just need to show up at McEwen Rd. snd talk to someone in person.
I am not letting this go. I am spreading the word far and wide on every social media platform I can and word of mouth.

So support? Good luck.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I would assume nothing happened to CBCS Support........because it doesn't exist (like Santa or a happily married couple after 30yrs of marriage )

Seriously though..no tracking sucks - no other carriers that had tracking available from Singapore?

CBCS is like 5-8 weeks behind on entering books as received into their system - with no tracking it will likely be a while before you know or don't know - you can continue to try calling or e-mail but it may just be a waiting game.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector comixfan59 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyfacecomics
Prey

Do you mean Pray? That won’t help.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
It's unfortunate they don't have any remote positions open (unless you live overseas) or I'd submit my resume asap.
Post 7 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
It's unfortunate they don't have any remote positions open (unless you live overseas) or I'd submit my resume asap.

I'm not sure why they wouldn't open up a remote customer service position unless it's a cost issue.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
I'm not sure why they wouldn't open up a remote customer service position unless it's a cost issue.

I looked up some labor laws regarding remote work and it's based on where the employee resides, instead of where the company is based out of. They'd never hire me. The minimum wage in my state is double what it is in Texas, not to mention all the other costs of insurance, worker's comp, etc. My dreams of working remotely for CBCS have been crushed.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders

All they could do remotely is be a go-between. It's not like @flanders could go into the receiving area and sift through every package to see if this one has arrived. 3 hours searching for this package is going to cost more than was paid for the slabbing services. I would not do it until it's gone X number of weeks without being entered into the system. The package should have been shipped with tracking. @Poka does it all the time from Hong Kong. Hard to imagine it couldn't be done from Singapore.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Aww man I didn't realize how bad it had gotten, if I had known I wouldn't have gone this route.
This is so sad, I had switched over from CGC couple years back since their support was terrible.

@dielinfinite I did get a tracking number but it doesn't update once it hits customs.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@honukai92 I'm sorry about your situation but I wouldn't sweat over it. If you didn't pay for expedited services it's probably in the 20 week range. Submissions aren't even getting entered into the system for 5-6 weeks, maybe more. I think that's about the time range that you should expect the "Received" email. I've been getting those but the dashboard typically continues to say "submitted" throughout most of the process. I have two submissions from May that still say "submitted" however I got emails this week that they have moved to "grading".
Post 12 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@honukai92 Ask if you can get the customs number, I believe that’s what’s used for tracking international packages. Usually starts with a letter. I don’t think I’ve had an international package recently that I haven’t been able to track
Post 13 IP   flag post
Secret Moderator MatterEaterLad private msg quote post Address this user
I'm astonished their customer support is so bad.

I'm done subbing to CBCS until I actually get a response from a customer support call/email.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by honukai92
Aww man I didn't realize how bad it had gotten, if I had known I wouldn't have gone this route.
This is so sad, I had switched over from CGC couple years back since their support was terrible.

@dielinfinite I did get a tracking number but it doesn't update once it hits customs.

Anything overseas is going to take awhile and has been. The best option is to contact the seller/shipper to track it down for you. A USPS tracking number will do nothing until they have it. You need the original shippers tracking number if it has even has tracking.
Post 15 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite @HulkSmash thanks for the advice, I'll contact the shipper and USPS to see if I can get an update customs or tracking number.
Post 16 IP   flag post
597869 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?