Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS GradedSignaturesSigning Opportunities

CBCS Bob Layton signing!15706

The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Get those Layton books sent in.

CBCS is hosting a signing event with comic artist, writer, and editor Bob Layton. This event is for regular sized comic books (no trades, hardcovers, or oversized books) and the books will be graded by CBCS after the signing.

Submissions can be done at CBCScomics.com. On the website’s main page, at the upper righthand corner click “submit comics” and login (regular membership is free). Click “add comic” and enter information about the book, including Bob Layton under the authentic signature option and use the present date as the signing date (CBCS will adjust it later). After the process is repeated for any other books submitted for signing, complete the checkout procedure for payment and shipping. Print the invoice and package the books and send them to CBCS Mail-In, 1078 Wyoming Avenue #145, Wyoming, PA 18644.

Books must be received no later than September 25, 2021. Once books are received, CBCS will add creators’ signature fees to the invoice and charge the credit card. The fee for Bob Layton is $25 and does not include grading fees.

Pressing and non-pressing books must be on separate invoices. Also, ASP Yellow Label (signed) and CBCS Blue Label books (non-signed) cannot be combined on the same invoice.

For the signings, all books must be prepped with pre-cut signing window bags. The name, email, shipping address, phone number, and list of creators to sign the books should be on the back of each backing board. Books may be sent in slabs, however, CBCS does not guarantee that books will retain their preestablished grade.

More details on the signing event are available on the CBCS website.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Silversorrow private msg quote post Address this user
Already sent in my X-O Manowar issues 1 and 0, can't wait to get them back! This is my first time sending in comics for sigs.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user
Went through what I had and everything worth signing I already had him do at a convention several years ago. Need to get them in for authentication at some point.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
hmmm....will have to wait on this one....

I do have a Dave Ross Iron Man sketch though

Post 4 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Bob Layton for $25 or RDJ for $7500000000?
Hmmmm
Hmmmm
Hmmmm
Let's see what I have in my wallet.

I think the choice is clear
Post 5 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Iron Man #118, #128, and X-O Manowar #1 going out on Monday. Then the long, lo-o-o-o-ong wait for them to come back...
Post 6 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Iron Man #118, #128, and X-O Manowar #1 going out on Monday. Then the long, lo-o-o-o-ong wait for them to come back...

Post 7 IP   flag post
@HulkSmash DUDE!!!
Post 8 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Is this the book some are submitting?

Ive never been into the book sign thing, but I do have multiple copies of this book that I feel are 9.8 quality books.

Im still kind of confused about what the total cost is?

$25 Signing
CBCS Grading and Verification fees (yellow label) $18 to Grade $25 for Verification ($43)

Shipping fees (too and From) to: $10-12 From: $30? ($40)

where does one get the Signing window bag?

Is it safe to assume I will have at least $100 or more in total fees and shipping cost?

What would the FMV be for a signed X-o Manowar #0 if it pulled a 9.6 or 9.8?
Post 9 IP   flag post
X-O Manowar #0 in 9.8 has been selling for around $40 ~ $60+ lately, but a signed 9.8 copy went for $132 a couple weeks ago.

As for costs, I think it goes about like so (someone more knowledgeable than me will correct this if I'm wrong, and that would be cool):

Signing fee = $25
Modern grading = $18 for non-member, $16 for member
Witnessed signature = $5 (will NOT need to be verified)
Shipping + any add-ons like pressing or Fast Pass will be whatever you see listed.

Not bad, actually, especially compared to the approx. $100/book you may end up spending for a CGC signature event.

A window bag is something you can make yourself. Bag & board your comic, and using a Sharpie, lightly outline a square/rectangle on the bag where you would like the signature to go on the comic. REMOVE THE COMIC and board, then use blue painter's tape (or equivalent) and cover the signing area. Make sure to tape past the borders of your outline. Use a blade or scissors to cut out your signing area while leaving a border of tape around it. Run your finger around the INSIDE of the new window you cut to make sure you don't have a spot of tape that might stick to your comic. Once you're sure there's no way for the comic to adhere to the tape, put the comic back in the bag and it's ready to go.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
@Byrdibyrd Thanks for all the detailed info! Im not really a big fan of signed books, I just happened to have a few nice copies of the X-O Manowar books.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Nice books to have. I'm just sending a few books in whenever I see a creator from 'back in the day' doing a signing.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
You can make your own window bag, but I've always been worried about the painter's tape and how flimsy it is actually holding the comic in place. Benefits are that you can put the signing window anywhere you want and make it comic specific.

Probably not worth it if you don't get items signed regularly, but Ultra-pro makes a windowed comic bag. Not promoting the product, just letting people know it exists window bag from ultra pro

I bought some in 2018 I still use. Bad side is that it limits the signing area to the center of the book. Also, this is WAY more expensive than when I purchased in 2018 (just under $0.30/each).
Post 13 IP   flag post
@etapi65 I tried buying some window bags, but they refuse to ship to my address (P.O. box) and I had to learn to make my own.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Silversorrow private msg quote post Address this user
Another option is just to send them in normal bags/boards. They will charge you an extra $5 per book but they will put them in windowed bags for you. Pricey option, but an option nonetheless.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd

Man up for fast pass or better still 2 day modern
Post 16 IP   flag post
I know, right? If I thought the investment potential for these books might fizzle out in the meantime, I probably would stick a crowbar in my wallet and shell out.
Post 17 IP   flag post
600782 17 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?