Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkArt Sketch Covers

New Original Art, commissions, sketch covers thread 215701

Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
This one was I think in that $150 range (need to go to my personal computer files to verify)

Again though...different level of talent

Post 76 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Nice stuff you have. Wide variety. My tastes are so limited in comparison, almost all my art is batman.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector TellEmSteveDave private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics I like the Hobgoblin sketch but if you showed it to me without telling me what character it is I might not know. That Romits SR is awesome as is the Green Arrow.
I have an Adams Man-Thing sketch from around 5-7 years ago he charged me $300 for. Pricey but I like it.
Post 78 IP   flag post
@Bronte when the old guys were still around I would try to either get a sketch of a character they created or a character they were identified with...failing that then a 1940's space girl with fishbowl helmet!!
Post 79 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Very cool and very smart.
Post 80 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TellEmSteveDave
@KatKomics I like the Hobgoblin sketch but if you showed it to me without telling me what character it is I might not know. That Romits SR is awesome as is the Green Arrow.
I have an Adams Man-Thing sketch from around 5-7 years ago he charged me $300 for. Pricey but I like it.

lol...I figured if I was going to get a sketch from a poor knock off then it should be of a poor knock off of good ol'Gobby I had from SR!!
Seems fitting
Post 81 IP   flag post
Collector EddieTheComicGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Practice, practice, practice!!! I’ll be inking and coloring all of these!!! Stay tuned!!!

Post 82 IP   flag post
Collector ARTisCOOL private msg quote post Address this user
Joyce Chin

Larry Stroman
Post 83 IP   flag post
Collector ARTisCOOL private msg quote post Address this user
Alé Garza

Erik Larsen

Post 84 IP   flag post
I finally got some free time to color this in!!! I call it rough night Harley!!! 😂 I clearly know nothing about applying make up!!!

Post 85 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Not sure if I ever shared some these or not...what the heck.
Tom Raney

Andrea Mutti (he gave this to me after I bought a bunch of books off him at an LCS signing)

Ale Garza

Bob McLeod

Mike Mayhew

Dawn McTeigue (won a contest on the small one which I know I've shared before; other is painted interior splash page of Divinica #3)

Post 86 IP   flag post
I drew this last night.

Post 87 IP   flag post
Collector Track17 private msg quote post Address this user
Neil Gaiman holding my sketch cover.

Post 88 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Ryan Kincaid
Post 89 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I purchased some more pages from Deadpool's Art Of War #2 and another for Deadpool #20 (Scott Koblish), plus one for Future Imperfect (2015) #4 (Greg Land).

Post 90 IP   flag post
I drew another one!!!

Post 91 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user

Mark Nelson did this Aliens sketch for me over the weekend. He was the artist on the original Aliens Dark Horse comics from 1988. Too bad my Aliens 1 is currently at CBCS getting graded.
Post 92 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Somehow was able to snag the Paul Smith Storm this morning.
Anyone who follows Paul Smith Happy Trails page knows these commissions get sold within seconds.
I've been waiting for a Storm for years and was ecstatic to finally obtain.

The second picture is a montage of all the Paul Smith's I've obtained over the years. Each commission is about 9x12. Looking to complete my Paul Smith X-Men character run (Cyclops is next!)

Post 93 IP   flag post
Collector Helric1 private msg quote post Address this user
At C2E2 last year I picked out this sketch from Jason Metcalf. He had a lot of finished pieces along with a portfolio of rough sketches that he would finish if you wanted. I thought this one had potential. It was completed this past weekend and I think it came out great! I normally don't share until I receive it. But it's international women's day so it seems appropriate.

Post 94 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I just purchased 9 Lobo pages from Val Semeiks, all inked by John Dell. A great art team IMO.

The first 3 are from Lobo #8.
The next 5 are from Lobo: A Portrait of a Victim #1.
The last is from Lobo/Dredd: Psycho Bikers vs the Mutants from Hell.

Post 95 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Scan of the finished Sandman/Sandman sketch by Brian Woodward! The piece is inspired by the series’ Shakespeare issues and the ribbon wrapping around the characters has the Hamlet quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet, Act III, Scene 1

To sleep—perchance to dream. Ay, there’s the rub!
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come,
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause

Post 96 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Since this is a catch-all art thread, I don't feel too awkward about displaying my own professional work. Recent examples of both digital astronomical painting and pen/ink mixed medium composition:

Post 97 IP   flag post
601492 97 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?