Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature VSPQuestions

When you get the runaround from customer service, who do you call?15699

Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie_Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginosdad
I understand backlogged. I understand delays. But, when you are the CEO, and you comment on all sorts of small matters, people know that you read the boards. Wouldn’t it be a show of good faith to respond to the backlash?? Even if just to say “I hear you and promise we are working on it.”? Just my opinion…still a CBCS die hard

He has people hired to handle these issues if he has to handle these issues then why have any supervisors below him if he has to handle everything.

If he has people hired to resolve complaints then this should concern him. Obviously they're dropping the ball here. Everyone talks about how"tight" their grading is, maybe they should do something to"tighten up" their customer service.

Honestly they need to get rid of their customer service reps and hire people that actually care for their customers and don't damage their brand.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan3claws
Looks like I spoke too soon, as all can see The big boss reached to me to rectify my situation. I'll let everyone know what they find out when I do. I will humbly eat crow as CBCS obviously dose give a s#!t about us the customer. Thanks again Steve.

Your complaint shouldn't have to get to the CEO. If they're constantly getting complaints about the lack of follow thru from their customer service department then they need to start hiring people with the right behaviors.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigur_Ros
Quote:
Quote:
Looks like I spoke too soon, as all can see The big boss reached to me to rectify my situation. I'll let everyone know what they find out when I do. I will humbly eat crow as CBCS obviously dose give a s#!t about us the customer. Thanks again Steve.

They do care about their customers this forum is a great way to get help if all else fails. Keep ur head brother Steve will make it right. They always have for me.

(He's not even the guy who came here looking for help)
(would be interesting to see if they do the same for him, since he's not as loud)

Nice catch. They're thorough with grading books, but not when they're addressing customer concerns.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigur_Ros
Quote:
Quote:
Welcome to the ridiculousness that a solid amount of us CBCS 2 DAY MODEREN CUSTOMERS have been dealing with...

I understand ur frustration but you mention CGC or PGX is where you will spend ur money. Wouldn’t you be upset with CGC also with the Newton rings and loose grading they have just to be fair. Since ur paying for their service and getting lower quality?

At least he'd still have his books.

True. It's little consolation thinking if someone else winds up with the books, they're enjoying the absence of Newton Rings on an over-graded* comic.

*Subject to subjectivity
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector eloreto private msg quote post Address this user
Glad Logan is getting some help altho Steve didnt reach out to me lol always the bridesmaid, never the bride. Ill just cross my fingers and hope for the best. whats the name of that other company>? EGS?
Post 30 IP   flag post

" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Observations:

Grading from CGC and CBCS seems pretty equivalent from my POV. Then again armchair slab graders are only marginally more useful than armchair economists.

There are lots of challenges going on in the world today. I have many things stuck in “supply chain hell” and many of those things are worth plenty of $. Customer service is lacking overall (profit focus to an extreme is partially to blame) but there is some slack to be doled out too… so I tend to cut more slack than usual. Still frustrating for sure.

Online forums are echo chambers - often not in a good way. Still pays to monitor sentiment and I think Steve is doing that. It doesn’t always mean it is possible to fix a known problem fast enough to make current sufferers happy.

Finally, I will admit holding off on submissions because of all this noise. This includes on the “other side” except where absolutely necessary or absolutely convenient.

Anyone shocked by these challenges is likely not dealing with buying a new car (especially a Tesla lol) recently, or a new dishwasher, or electric boat motor, or xyz. Much like inflated prices, many of these issues are NOT unique.

Again, not excuses, just general observations with some commentary thrown in.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector Logan3claws private msg quote post Address this user
eloreto, DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY on EGS. Please don't, PGX is definitely better then EGS. EGS is the KMART of slabbing and grading. My personal opinion of course. You can by the same slabs yourself, the site escapes me at the moment. I'll give you information to get your situation handled. I think I was the loudest voice because I've been raising a fit on different threads throughout the forum. If anything I did prove the big wigs read the forum. What needs to happen next is an announcement to all customers as to why this is happening and what CBCS is going to do to rectify the problem moving forward.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector Logan3claws private msg quote post Address this user
Davethebrave you are absolutely right. Things are cluster fudge out in the work world/ real world right now. plus most people don't want to work for a living anymore. It's customers with their books in limbo and not knowing what's going on with them or why their dashboards are not being updated that is causing customers to become unhinged about this issue. Also no response from CBCS on this matter to put the customers at ease is not helping.
Post 33 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by eloreto
Glad Logan is getting some help altho Steve didnt reach out to me

Makes absolutely no sense.

Maybe type in all caps, paste it in multiple threads, or just go to the "guess the cover" thread to find him.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by eloreto
i cant send books if i cant trust my books are safe.

So I'll help you with a little insurance hedge. If you truly believe you books are lost, I will give you 2 to 1 odds on that bet.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
I just tried to call (844-384-4777) and got cut off due to "end of business hours" but the company said they were called EG Media. Is that right?
Post 36 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
@eloreto So sorry about that! Please DM me......
Post 37 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
That’s ur delusion kicking in again.

Here's some advice: Better to stay silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
Post 38 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus
Quote:
That’s ur delusion kicking in again.

Here's some advice: Better to stay silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Maybe you should take and use that advice. If you love cgc so much they have a forum go there and be a troll. Away troll away.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Quote:
Maybe you should take and use that advice. If you love cgc so much they have a forum go there and be a troll. Away troll away.

Sorry not sorry, but as a comic book fan, I will not allow you to gatekeep me just so that you can spread misinformation.
Post 40 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Sorry not sorry, but as a comic book fan, I will not allow you to gatekeep me just so that you can spread misinformation.

Which part newton rings? That’s a fact and loose grading? Facts there’s evidence of it every where sorry you must have a lot of money invested and now scared to lose money because the company isn’t doing as well as they once was.

For you to let me do anything is a joke no one tells me what I’m going to do who do you think you are?

It seems you don’t like facts.

You even agreed with loose grading. Lol

Maybe you need to go take ur meds.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Quote:
Which part newton rings? That’s a fact and loose grading? Facts there’s evidence of it every where sorry you must have a lot of money invested and now scared to lose money because the company isn’t doing as well as they once was.

For you to let me do anything is a joke no one tells me what I’m going to do who do you think you are?

Get a grip, buddy. Take a breathe, go back, and read what was said. I literally bolded what were misconceptions. Don't make baseless assumptions; I don't "invest" in comic books, and CGC is doing perfectly fine without me submitting.
Post 42 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Get a grip, buddy. Take a breathe, go back, and read what was said. I literally bolded what were misconceptions. Don't make baseless assumptions; I don't "invest" in comic books, and CGC is doing perfectly fine without me submitting.

Problem is they are not. Who are you to bold anything I type like you want to pick a fight. Trust me you will lose. Go back to ur bridge troll.
Post 43 IP   flag post
598060 43 18
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.