Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature VSPQuestions

When you get the runaround from customer service, who do you call?15699

Collector eloreto private msg quote post Address this user
I have a "lost" submission, a 2 day modern delivered to cbcs on july 29th and when several subs since then have xome and gone i start to ask questions and for weeks i get the run around. Put on hold. Told they would call back and rarely do and never any resolution of qhata going on with my books. Who can i call to get any help.or do i just consider my signed books gone and money thro×n away? Seriously do i need to consider pgx now....i cant send books if i cant trust my books are safe.
Post 1 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
Ghost busters
Post 2 IP   flag post
Secret Moderator MatterEaterLad private msg quote post Address this user
I love CBCS, but this area does seem to be horribly lacking.

I recently moved. Sent an email to CGC and CBCS asking them to update my shipping info. CGC responded, asked for submission numbers, and made the update. CBCS...crickets.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector asapa8 private msg quote post Address this user
@eloreto this is a good question. pretty much anytime i call, i get someone from overseas who is pretty much just a hired person to answer basic questions, i dont think they truly knowing anything about comics/cards/grading/etc. the guy on the phone says his name is peter but we all know it definately isnt, its one of those situations, and unfortunately thats the only customer service they offer. really wish they would change this so i can talk to an actual cbcs employee with expertise at their hq in texas
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Logan3claws private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome to the ridiculousness that a solid amount of us CBCS 2 DAY MODEREN CUSTOMERS have been dealing with. Seems most submissions are 2DAY and around the same time frame that this is happening to. You won't get any help from their garbage call center and will just hear some stupid s#!t like " well we're back logged or something dumb like that. Then you have fellow customers that try and stick up for them on here, which makes no sense. CBCS just doesn't seem to care, the CEO is too busy and excited about "THE COOL COVERS THAT HIT MY GRADING DESK!" NO ONE GIVES A S#!T, TAKE CARE OF YOUR CUSTOMERS PROBLEMS THAT ARE OBVIOUSLY A DECENT SIZE PROBLEM. I like you and many others on here have our property just in limbo with no explanation what so ever. Not even an email. PGX is not bad at all if your looking to protect your books for your private collection. Cases are pretty nice and your books won't disappear due to someone else's negligence. They just like CBCS went down hill for a while but that was a good amount of time ago. Do you see all these youtubers getting there CBCS 2DAYS back in like a week or two? Makes you wonder. A lot of 9.9's being handed out as well. CGC and PGX are getting my money until my and every other CBCS CUSTOMER gets this issue resolved for us. Watch CBCS will charge us 2DAY GRADING PRICES once our books finally start going through the process.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Briten private msg quote post Address this user
I call my friend mike. He loves to argue and he has infinite patience. I have heard him chew out, annoy, irritate and pester people to the point that they give him anything he wants. Just so he will shut up and go away.

Everyone needs a friend like him. Just don’t talk about religion or politics. You will lose every time.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan3claws
Welcome to the ridiculousness that a solid amount of us CBCS 2 DAY MODEREN CUSTOMERS have been dealing with. Seems most submissions are 2DAY and around the same time frame that this is happening to. You won't get any help from their garbage call center and will just hear some stupid s#!t like " well we're back logged or something dumb like that. Then you have fellow customers that try and stick up for them on here, which makes no sense. CBCS just doesn't seem to care, the CEO is too busy and excited about "THE COOL COVERS THAT HIT MY GRADING DESK!" NO ONE GIVES A S#!T, TAKE CARE OF YOUR CUSTOMERS PROBLEMS THAT ARE OBVIOUSLY A DECENT SIZE PROBLEM. I like you and many others on here have our property just in limbo with no explanation what so ever. Not even an email. PGX is not bad at all if your looking to protect your books for your private collection. Cases are pretty nice and your books won't disappear due to someone else's negligence. They just like CBCS went down hill for a while but that was a good amount of time ago. Do you see all these youtubers getting there CBCS 2DAYS back in like a week or two? Makes you wonder. A lot of 9.9's being handed out as well. CGC and PGX are getting my money until my and every other CBCS CUSTOMER gets this issue resolved for us. Watch CBCS will charge us 2DAY GRADING PRICES once our books finally start going through the process.

I understand ur frustration but you mention CGC or PGX is where you will spend ur money. Wouldn’t you be upset with CGC also with the Newton rings and loose grading they have just to be fair. Since ur paying for their service and getting lower quality?

Your only option would be PGX it would seem.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Customer service "Peter" was same guy 'helping' me and he may have really tried but as a 3rd party call center what do you really accomplish for folks? I cant send books if i cant trust a company with my books. I hope the resolution happens. I believe in Bigfoot too just sayin.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Ginosdad private msg quote post Address this user
I understand backlogged. I understand delays. But, when you are the CEO, and you comment on all sorts of small matters, people know that you read the boards. Wouldn’t it be a show of good faith to respond to the backlash?? Even if just to say “I hear you and promise we are working on it.”? Just my opinion…still a CBCS die hard
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginosdad
I understand backlogged. I understand delays. But, when you are the CEO, and you comment on all sorts of small matters, people know that you read the boards. Wouldn’t it be a show of good faith to respond to the backlash?? Even if just to say “I hear you and promise we are working on it.”? Just my opinion…still a CBCS die hard

He has people hired to handle these issues if he has to handle these issues then why have any supervisors below him if he has to handle everything.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
You can try PMing or emailing @darryl_h ; I would not expect an immediate reply as he has been been handling many inquiries (not that yours is less important). I’d give him some time to review and respond, then reach out again after a few days. Emails do get lost in the shuffle when you receive hundreds; I doubt he ignores any. He has helped others posting here about issues not being resolved by the call center. I’ve seen him respond about seemingly trivial things on top of everything else they are dealing with.

Sorry your having this issue. I’m sure your sub is fine; 2 days have apparently had a several week backlog which ironic and unfortunate.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by eloreto
Seriously do i need to consider pgx now....i cant send books if i cant trust my books are safe.

I dare ya.
Post 12 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie_Head
I understand ur frustration but you mention CGC or PGX is where you will spend ur money. Wouldn’t you be upset with CGC also with the Newton rings and loose grading they have just to be fair. Since ur paying for their service and getting lower quality?

LOL. Delusions.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus
Quote:

LOL. Delusions.

Facts no delusions here maybe on ur side.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:

None of the bold was factual.
Post 15 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

At least he'd still have his books.
Post 16 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Do you see all these youtubers getting there CBCS 2DAYS back in like a week or two? Makes you wonder. A lot of 9.9's being handed out as well.

Not piling on but I too have seen an extraordinary amount of CBCS 9.9's on YT and IG this past few weeks.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Yeah, definitely a little suspect. The Capra is right, never had an issue with CGC or PGX when it comes to my books and knowing where they're at. I have 3 orders in limbo, not moderns either, some valuable books of mine that I have no idea where the heck they are. I know people that have sent their books in after my first order that was received on 7/13/2021 and have received them back already, on orders shipped/received in the beginning/middle of August. Like I have said they don't give a s#!t, or CBCS has lost our books and f&#ck%d up and don't want to admit anything. Definitely shady and unprofessional of CBCS. Contacting Daryl won't get anything resolved on this matter. Has it worked for anyone else with this issue, answer is NO! Crickets from CBCS on this matter speaks volumes. The seemingly have screwed up some how and left their customers in limbo. CGC wait times are fine with me, they never give me concerns like this. PGX as well, they great for your PC like I've said. Unfortunate cause I like CBCS and recommended them to a lot of people. But my 3 2-DAY orders in limbo for 2 months now with no explanation from CBCS is unacceptable.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

I've had a modern book with sever scuffed gloss on back cover come back a 9.6 from CGC...I'd call that loose grading.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbg2000
I've had a modern book with sever scuffed gloss on back cover come back a 9.6 from CGC...I'd call that loose grading.

Both companies have examples of loose grading.
Post 20 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
@Logan3claws DM sent. Please respond when you have a free minute.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Looks like I spoke too soon, as all can see The big boss reached to me to rectify my situation. I'll let everyone know what they find out when I do. I will humbly eat crow as CBCS obviously dose give a s#!t about us the customer. Thanks again Steve.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

That’s ur delusion kicking in again.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Looks like I spoke too soon, as all can see The big boss reached to me to rectify my situation. I'll let everyone know what they find out when I do. I will humbly eat crow as CBCS obviously dose give a s#!t about us the customer. Thanks again Steve.

They do care about their customers this forum is a great way to get help if all else fails. Keep ur head brother Steve will make it right. They always have for me.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

They do care about their customers this forum is a great way to get help if all else fails. Keep ur head brother Steve will make it right. They always have for me.

(He's not even the guy who came here looking for help)
(would be interesting to see if they do the same for him, since he's not as loud)
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginosdad

He has people hired to handle these issues if he has to handle these issues then why have any supervisors below him if he has to handle everything.

If he has people hired to resolve complaints then this should concern him. Obviously they're dropping the ball here. Everyone talks about how"tight" their grading is, maybe they should do something to"tighten up" their customer service.

Honestly they need to get rid of their customer service reps and hire people that actually care for their customers and don't damage their brand.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:

Your complaint shouldn't have to get to the CEO. If they're constantly getting complaints about the lack of follow thru from their customer service department then they need to start hiring people with the right behaviors.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigur_Ros
Quote:
Quote:

(He's not even the guy who came here looking for help)
(would be interesting to see if they do the same for him, since he's not as loud)

Nice catch. They're thorough with grading books, but not when they're addressing customer concerns.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigur_Ros
Quote:
Quote:
Welcome to the ridiculousness that a solid amount of us CBCS 2 DAY MODEREN CUSTOMERS have been dealing with...

At least he'd still have his books.

True. It's little consolation thinking if someone else winds up with the books, they're enjoying the absence of Newton Rings on an over-graded* comic.

*Subject to subjectivity
Post 29 IP   flag post
Glad Logan is getting some help altho Steve didnt reach out to me lol always the bridesmaid, never the bride. Ill just cross my fingers and hope for the best. whats the name of that other company>? EGS?
Post 30 IP   flag post
600440 43 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.