Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Order Shipped and Lost - Overseas Customer Service Has no Answers - HELP!!15689

Collector MarcPatten private msg quote post Address this user
First CBCS Grading Order was handed off to the Reps at Galaxy Con, Raleigh on August 1st. 42 Books under 2Day Modern, and 25 under Fast Pass.

2 Day Modern Books (Order 21-2C6CE38)went through the system pretty quick, arrived at CBCS, were checked in and graded and shipped in about 12 days --totally worth the extra expense(mostly 9.8s --Yay!). Fast Pass Order hasn't even been logged into the system yet as received after 5 weeks.

But despite the paperwork on both orders clearly stating the shipping address, the books were shipped to an 8 year old address that was deleted from the CBCS system years ago, and now the entire order is missing in action.(Boooo...)

You would think that after finally getting through to the overseas customer service people, this would be as simple as getting the tracking number and figuring out if they were sent back to CBCS, stuck at my local hub, etc. NOPE. Tracking number doesn't register with Fed Ex despite stating so on the invoice. The first letters are 1Z774652..... 1Z is actually used for UPS packages only. Regardless, the tracking # doesn't register on UPS, or Fed Ex, DHL or USPS. Overseas Customer Service is baffled. No response to my emails or several phone messages for weeks. Finally got a nice chap on the phone named Peter who is also getting nowhere with any answers from the CBCS home office.

This is not a great start for a first order that cost several thousand dollars, and nearly $10K worth of books. Any suggestions on what else I can do? Help me, Obi-Wan Borock! (or anyone else here from CBCS) --You're my only Hope!

-Marc Patten
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Wayneds private msg quote post Address this user
If CBCS have lost your books, by sending them to a defunct address, then then need to reimburse you all costs, it sounds like they are tossing the ball back and forth, and that no one wants to deal with it, because as you have said a lot of money is involved
Post 2 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Check back here tomorrow, hopefully a rep from CBCS will respond with more information.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
It sounds like all responsibility lies with CBCS. I would think they need to do one of two things...find your books or pay you for them.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Coldbobt private msg quote post Address this user
Can't offer any insight except to sympathise with your situation I hope they turn up, that's got to be a better result than getting the money for them as buying them again will no doubt be a long project... would they reimburse you at current market value?

What books have you lost?
Post 5 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcPatten
First CBCS Grading Order was handed off to the Reps at Galaxy Con, Raleigh on August 1st. 42 Books under 2Day Modern, and 25 under Fast Pass.

2 Day Modern Books (Order 21-2C6CE38)went through the system pretty quick, arrived at CBCS, were checked in and graded and shipped in about 12 days --totally worth the extra expense(mostly 9.8s --Yay!). Fast Pass Order hasn't even been logged into the system yet as received after 5 weeks.

But despite the paperwork on both orders clearly stating the shipping address, the books were shipped to an 8 year old address that was deleted from the CBCS system years ago, and now the entire order is missing in action.(Boooo...)

You would think that after finally getting through to the overseas customer service people, this would be as simple as getting the tracking number and figuring out if they were sent back to CBCS, stuck at my local hub, etc. NOPE. Tracking number doesn't register with Fed Ex despite stating so on the invoice. The first letters are 1Z774652..... 1Z is actually used for UPS packages only. Regardless, the tracking # doesn't register on UPS, or Fed Ex, DHL or USPS. Overseas Customer Service is baffled. No response to my emails or several phone messages for weeks. Finally got a nice chap on the phone named Peter who is also getting nowhere with any answers from the CBCS home office.

This is not a great start for a first order that cost several thousand dollars, and nearly $10K worth of books. Any suggestions on what else I can do? Help me, Obi-Wan Borock! (or anyone else here from CBCS) --You're my only Hope!

-Marc Patten


this is horrible. i hope they get your books back to you.
Any reason on your first order with a new company why send in over 50 comics.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcPatten
First CBCS Grading Order was handed off to the Reps at Galaxy Con, Raleigh on August 1st. 42 Books under 2Day Modern, and 25 under Fast Pass.

2 Day Modern Books (Order 21-2C6CE38)went through the system pretty quick, arrived at CBCS, were checked in and graded and shipped in about 12 days --totally worth the extra expense(mostly 9.8s --Yay!). Fast Pass Order hasn't even been logged into the system yet as received after 5 weeks.

But despite the paperwork on both orders clearly stating the shipping address, the books were shipped to an 8 year old address that was deleted from the CBCS system years ago, and now the entire order is missing in action.(Boooo...)

You would think that after finally getting through to the overseas customer service people, this would be as simple as getting the tracking number and figuring out if they were sent back to CBCS, stuck at my local hub, etc. NOPE. Tracking number doesn't register with Fed Ex despite stating so on the invoice. The first letters are 1Z774652..... 1Z is actually used for UPS packages only. Regardless, the tracking # doesn't register on UPS, or Fed Ex, DHL or USPS. Overseas Customer Service is baffled. No response to my emails or several phone messages for weeks. Finally got a nice chap on the phone named Peter who is also getting nowhere with any answers from the CBCS home office.

This is not a great start for a first order that cost several thousand dollars, and nearly $10K worth of books. Any suggestions on what else I can do? Help me, Obi-Wan Borock! (or anyone else here from CBCS) --You're my only Hope!

-Marc Patten


there customer service lacks
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Logan3claws private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS doesn't care about their customers. Doubt you'll get resolution. But hey the CEO will show you what cool books hit his grading desk. Good luck, not sure why most on here worship them. They're a business we're the customers. Seems they'll always be second fiddle, maybe 3rd if they keep this horse s#!t up.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Wayneds private msg quote post Address this user
Until people’s complaints turn into action, and a loss of business for cbcs I doubt anything will change
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector THEBLOB72 private msg quote post Address this user
Not sure if this will help you or not. I do a lot of international shipping and this little app has answered a lot of tracking questions. Run your tracking number through it and see if it gives you more to go on. I use FedEx and USPS and their tracking leaves a lot to be desired. Here is the link: https://parcelsapp.com/en
Post 10 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan3claws
CBCS doesn't care about their customers. Doubt you'll get resolution. But hey the CEO will show you what cool books hit his grading desk. Good luck, not sure why most on here worship them. They're a business we're the customers. Seems they'll always be second fiddle, maybe 3rd if they keep this horse s#!t up.

It's CBCS' website. It's kind of where you would expect the fanboys to be. Just like you'll find all of CGC's fanboys on their hosted forum. There's still unbiased voices at each venue.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan3claws
CBCS doesn't care about their customers. Doubt you'll get resolution. But hey the CEO will show you what cool books hit his grading desk. Good luck, not sure why most on here worship them. They're a business we're the customers. Seems they'll always be second fiddle, maybe 3rd if they keep this horse s#!t up.


That's the law of nature on an internet forum. If this thread were about CGC doing this to someone, it would be 10 pages long, filled with comments suggesting complete and unforgivable incompetency rather than waiting for the thread to disappear from the first page. It's just the way it goes.

Hope they're able to get your books to you @MarcPatten . Losing my books in transit, to there or back, is my biggest concern whenever considering slabbing some books, and I'd probably do the same and drop them off somewhere, just to eliminate one shipment.
Reading your situation doesn't help that concern.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
Really sad to hear that this happened to you, and I hope they can be found. The customer service line does suck, and as frustratingly slow as it might be, you might want to email the customer service address or try and contact Darryl H on the board here.

Good luck.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector MarcPatten private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for all the support folks! It’s been a month since the package was shipped out. This should be as simple as finding out what the “Real” tracking number is for my order and follow where that leads.

Should both major grading companies literally just stop taking submissions for a few months to catch up, train new hires, and get a realistic plan for handling the increase in business going forward? Absolutely. Should CBCS revisit how their customer service department can be better equipped to be able to quickly fix problems like mine?Without question.

They are dealing with high value items daily, and they should be able to handle all customer service issues out of their main TX office. I’ve known Steve Borock for 25 years, since I worked for Metropolis collectibles in my late 20s. Steve is a great guy, and I trust him and his company with my comics. I’m sure it’s driving him crazy trying to figure out how to better run things more efficiently in this accelerated market. Hopefully he or anyone else at CBCS can help with my situation.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcPatten
Should both major grading companies literally just stop taking submissions for a few months to catch up, train new hires, and get a realistic plan for handling the increase in business going forward?


The small company I sell for has faced the same issues for about 14 months now. Our backlog would be over 20 weeks now but we kept it under 10 weeks with these 3 moves 1)Raise Prices 2)Raise minimum job requirements 3)Eliminate complicated or problematic jobs. I don't think that would be very popular here but when the decks are swamped something has to be done to get control over the daily incoming packages. It's better than stopping taking submissions altogether for sure. I would at least raise the minimum submission size and try to cut those daily package deliveries that way. I've found that it's better to irritate people on the front end before they have skin in the game than to irritate them after they've signed a contract. The other thing I would recommend is stop doing broad generic promotions. Use that promotional money to retain loyalty. Give some discounted fast-pass upgrade coupons to the long-suffering loyal customers who have been caught in the flood. Some of us are now seeing our 6-8 week April lead times turn into 20 weeks or more after submission.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcPatten

Should both major grading companies literally just stop taking submissions for a few months to catch up,


$ay wut?
Post 16 IP   flag post
If the viagra is working you should be well over a 9.8. xkonk private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Some of us are now seeing our 6-8 week April lead times turn into 20 weeks or more after submission.


My 26 week January submission (pressing + grading) is just about at 33 weeks. My also ~26 week February submission is at about 29 weeks.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
@MarcPatten Losing books in the mail is one of my biggest fears when I send out my books to the grading companies. Not being able to contact someone, or get ahold of someone from the grading company, regarding those missing books is my second biggest fear. I hope you hear back from them soon and come to some sort of resolution if they are indeed lost.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Mpucine private msg quote post Address this user
If there is a CBCS monitor on here help me too. My books have been lost for 3 months my order is 21-1CCFEE6-2D . Please any reply would be great .
Post 19 IP   flag post
418629 19 19
Log in or sign up to compose a reply.