Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsSignatures

Question about con dropoff/signings15662

Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm a little newer to grading in general, and have never done a con drop-off(especially like I'm about to explain..).

I have multiple books that I want to get witnessed sigs at baltimore comiccon, i believe one book is actually now up to 17 sigs(and thats assuming they dont add any more guests). A couple questions:

1 - is it easier/even possible to fill out and print a submission form beforehand for that many sigs? Or should i just do it when i visit the booth when i get there?

2 - how is that handled for multiple sigs per book? Does the rep take the book after the first signing and then I'll have to contact them when I'm ready for the next?

Just for clarification these are on skyline variants, if my math is correct there will be 16 or 17 guests present for the asm 700, i think 6 for venomverse 1, and 5 for absolute carnage 1.

Any help is appreciated!
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
It’s definitely better to complete the invoice online before submitting at a show. Otherwise you have to fill out the form by hand and some poor sap at CBCS will have to transcribe that handwritten form into the system and this way you will have an invoice number whereas you would have to wait until the invoice is in-processed before you have an invoice number you can refer to.

If there are any changes to the printed invoice at the time you submit you can make those changes by hand.

A CBCS AW will have to witness each signature so they would have to hold on to the book in between signings. I would recommend contacting Matt Edwards via email (medwards@cbcscomics.com ) and request to be made an Authorized Witness for the show so you can handle the signatures yourself

Additionally, be aware that every 10 signature adds an additional $5 ASP fee
Post 2 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite thank you for the help! I emailed him so we'll see if/when I hear back. Would definitely make it much easier both for myself and whatever poor guy has to witness all those sigs lmao. No big deal for the ASP fee, as I understand it, it's 5 base and then the additional 5 after each 10 or is it 5 per sig?
Post 3 IP   flag post
$5 to start then an additional $5 after every 10 signatures
Post 4 IP   flag post
So just 10 bucks for 17 signatures or 5 per sig and then 10 per after 10?
Post 5 IP   flag post
$10 for 17 sigs
Post 6 IP   flag post
That's definitely not bad at all considering how much hassle it would be for a rep to witness all of those 😂

Considering most artists and authors I've seen charge about 20 for a witnessed sig that probably puts that book around the 400 range for sigs+grading, but well worth it for all of those to be witnessed!
Post 7 IP   flag post
I'm curious how they'd handle a book with a numerous amount of sigs - 17 should fit on front and back, but that skyline book I think has over 100 names on it of past and present contributors. While I'm not sure that many would even fit on the book using front and back covers, would be interesting to see how they'd handle that.
Post 8 IP   flag post
598060 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?