Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Certified Comics For SaleComics Bronze AgeFor SalePop CultureQuestions

Where will it sell?15657

Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
So quick piece of back story. My originally owned Star Wars #1 received a grade of 9.0 when I submitted it to CBCS at the 2019 SDCC. I later sold it after I upgraded to a 9.4 CBCS comic. I later sold that after I was able to upgrade to the 9.8 cgc Stan Lee signed comic pictured below. I thought I would hold that in my Force Ghost collection until price went absolutely berzerk this winter/spring and I put up for a ridiculously high price of 24k MCS/25k ebay. Figuring I would buy a CBCS 9.8 blue label at whatever price if i sold it.

Well Someone posted a CBCS Blue label 9.8 this past week on MCS below well below current FMV for $4,500, and I pulled that end of the trigger.

Now, most of you know I don't care for cgc slabs and really don't care for most cover signed comics. I did but the one pictured because Stan Lee signature is well placed/disguised in Luke's tunic. But, I prefer the CBCS encasement, so I am going to start systematically reducing the price on the cgc SS until it sells. Currently it is $18,888 via MCS direct or $19,800 via MCS/ebay.

Where will it actually sell before year end?

Let me hear your thoughts.

UPGRADE IN

OUT

CBCS Zealot, I am. May the @SBorock be with you.
Post 1 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
This one that looks hideous compared to yours sold for $7650 recently. I'm guessing yours will sell for $8250. Looks like things are starting to cool down a bit.

Post 2 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
This one that looks hideous compared to yours sold for $7650 recently. I'm guessing yours will sell for $8250. Looks like things are starting to cool down a bit.

I've never been anti-signatures, especially Stan Lee's but this one is awful. Holy crud!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
have to see what come down the Disney pipe - more Mandolorian plus a Boba, Obiwan and Thrawn all live action?? if they all do well I could see SW #1 spiking yet again!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders -

I liked your unedited guess much better.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
I think at least 2X FMV for Stanle is fair for the right sucker👍🏻
Post 6 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
For that kind of money I would have definitely looked for one with a perfect cover wrap.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
For that kind of money I would have definitely looked for one with a perfect cover wrap.

@BigRedOne1944 -
😆
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Amspider private msg quote post Address this user
thinking of pressing the 9.6 I think it can hit 9.8

Post 9 IP   flag post
I am thinking it will sell in the 5 figure zone and probably in line with @HulkSmash 2X Fmv. We will see.
Post 10 IP   flag post
And today, brings the price drop down to $17,299. Where will it sell?

Direct Link to Listing

Post 11 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator what's the highest offer so far?
Post 12 IP   flag post
@flanders - actually, there has been one offer at $1,764.00
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
one offer at $1,764.00

Did you forget a "1" in the front?
Post 14 IP   flag post
@flanders - nope, no missing 1 or 0.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Today, the price has been reduced to $16,899.

Direct link to listing

Post 16 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
links not working. is it mcs or ebay?
Post 17 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia - Fixed, thanks for the heads up.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Where will it Sell?

Price dropped to 15,999
Post 19 IP   flag post
Update! Price dropped to $15,199.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Maybe they just like me better. Nah, that's not it. BPaxson002 private msg quote post Address this user
Are there really people who will pay an extra $500 fee to buy something?
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector Vrishnak private msg quote post Address this user
If they're willing to drop 15k, what's another 500?
Post 22 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator - I hope you get some legitimate offers! When you sell it and are flush with cash, we can talk about my GI Joe #1.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Scifinator - I hope you get some legitimate offers! When you sell it and are flush with cash, we can talk about my GI Joe #1.

@esaravo - LOL, my wife over heard my sons and I discussing this comic and she instantly claimed the proceeds for a family/graduation trip to Hawaii.

Actually, there have been some legit 5 figure offers. Due to the slightly odd figures, I suspect they were via MCS’s eBay store. I have a minimum auto-decline in place and an offer came in just a hair under that.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPaxson002
Are there really people who will pay an extra $500 fee to buy something?

@BPaxson002 - Thinking that you are referring to MCS fee. If so, yes and actually their buyer fee is on the lower side. One side note though, with buying from MCS, if you have credit from sales, there is no fee if one buys something else through them instead of receiving a payout.

All that said, I have arranged for CBCS Forum members to buy my MCS listings at a discounted price or even trade.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Maybe they just like me better. Nah, that's not it. BPaxson002 private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator

So how much is the seller's premium?
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPaxson002
@Scifinator

So how much is the seller's premium?

@BPaxson002 - for something like this SW1 SS, it would basically be 8% and would cap at $1,000. For a listing that sells for under $300, it would be $10% or $5 minimum fee. But, mcs does the shipping and once they sell it, if for some reason it comes back, it would be theirs, not mine. No ebay goofiness for me to deal with.

I know there are a couple of apps and social media venues that would be less costly to me, but since I have a life and full time job outside of my 4 1/2 decades of collecting, mcs is a much more efficient and effective way for me to deal with the portion I am selling off.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Where will it sell?

Price dropped to $14,399!

Post 28 IP   flag post
Price Dropped to $13,679!

Direct Link

Where will it Sell?
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Kinsella5 private msg quote post Address this user
I still remember the day I was picking this comic up at a local store when I was six years old when it was first released, but sold my complete run many years ago. I have a feeling it will sell between $9.5K-$11K, but whatever it sells for, it's a beauty and congrats in advance.
Post 30 IP   flag post
601206 33 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?