Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Want to Buy

WTB: Anyone have cheap Spider-Man lots?15635

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
So a co-worker’s 8 year old daughter has recently gotten an interest in Spider-Man and he’s looking to buy her some comics to read through and encourage the habit. I thought I’d reach out to see if anyone here has a stack or two of dollar-bin Spidey books you’d be willing to sell for the cause.

Condition isn’t a big deal. They can be torn up (but readable), coverless, etc.

Thanks in advance!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Briten private msg quote post Address this user
Is there a particular time you are looking for? 80's, 90's, modern?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Comicguy private msg quote post Address this user
I have some Marvel Team-Ups I’d be willing to part with.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briten
Is there a particular time you are looking for? 80's, 90's, modern?

Nothing specific but probably 80s and newer just so the storytelling doesn’t feel too old for a child of that age. But True Believers and reprints of key issues would be great, too
Post 4 IP   flag post
@Comicguy You can let me know here or via DM which/how many books you’re selling and your asking price (and shipping) and we can go from there.

Thank you!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector ERB_in_CLT private msg quote post Address this user
Feel free to share...

https://www.mercari.com/us/item/m24846880520/?iv_code=FGKSJG&object_id=m24846880520&object_type=item

(incl shipping)
Post 6 IP   flag post
Awesome! I will pass that on
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Amspider private msg quote post Address this user
You can check out my eBay postings I will give who ever buys from me a discount

eBay: Espime or
contact me via Instagram: Espimellc

I will be listing many more books. Sadly I have had a medical issue come up and need to part with a lot of books to cover some unexpected experiences.
Thanks
Be safe everyone and stay healthy
Post 8 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
I have some Marvel Spotlights and 2-in-1s (or team ups) I’ll dig em out when I get a chance. Pretty sure one is a Mark Jewelers too.

I also have some newer issues.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Thanks! I’d love to see them!

What I’m trying to find is something akin to MCS’ Value Packs where they sell like 30 random comics (within a theme) for like $15. Unfortunately they don’t have a Spider-Man set available at the moment. Maybe someone knows of some comic shops that might have something similar?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
I have ~10 more random spideys

Post 11 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@HulkSmash

The Spider-man 2099 book is not really a dollar book if it's in good condition. I just sold a 9.4 for 60$ and earlier 9.8 for 160$
Post 12 IP   flag post
@Bronte I wonder if stuff like that is why MCS doesn’t have a Spider-Man Value Pack at the moment

@HulkSmash Awesome! Let me know what you’re asking for the lot and I will pass it on to my co-worker and let you know if he’s interested. Heck, I might buy it myself if he’s not 😂
Post 13 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite

In my opinion, it's harder to find true dreck than in the past. Everything is being speculated on and dollar bin books of the past are now worth decent sums. To just randomly sell a lot of books and not realize the full value of books is a crazy thought in today's market.
Post 14 IP   flag post
@Bronte the 2099 is fn at best.
Post 15 IP   flag post
@HulkSmash

Cool. Just figured I'd give you a heads up in the event it was in decent shape...
Post 16 IP   flag post
I have 3 more rags and The Shroud 1-4

Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@dielinfinite

In my opinion, it's harder to find true dreck than in the past. Everything is being speculated on and dollar bin books of the past are now worth decent sums. To just randomly sell a lot of books and not realize the full value of books is a crazy thought in today's market.
this is sadly true. I’ve passed on some “$1” books to grab them in a lot later. Now Anything is like sticking gold when I find it locally. There is a legitimate shortage of decent books at the local places. IDK if collectors are buying more or selling less or sellers are moving the majority online. My Half Price Books used to be a place to find good books (not necessarily keys) and now I’m lucky if I find something that is legit dreck. Oh how many copies of WILDCATS 1 I could be hoarding before everything turned to spec.
Post 18 IP   flag post
597883 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?