Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
For SaleRaw Comics For Sale

Raw Comics For Sale--Fillers, Runs, Drek!! Mostly Modern, some CA/BA/SA!!15615

I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Direct edition copy of Superman #17 (2nd series).  This issue features an appearance by Silver Banshee.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine minus condition, or better.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a number of small spine stress creases/ticks…with a few that very lightly break the ink.  Both covers show mild indentations and/or light edge bends/finger-bends that don’t break the ink.  Both covers show a mild spine/stacking roll.  The comic will benefit from a press.

$5 shipped

Post 201 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Direct edition copy of Superman #18 (2nd series).  This issue features appearances by Hawkman and Hawkwoman.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine minus condition, or better.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a number of small spine stress creases/ticks…with a few that very lightly break the ink.  Both covers show mild indentations and/or light edge bends/finger-bends that don’t break the ink.  Both covers show a mild spine/stacking roll.  The comic will benefit from a press.

$5 shipped

Post 202 IP   flag post
Direct edition copy of Superman #19 (2nd series).  This issue features 1st appearances by Professor Thadeus Killgrave, Psi-Phon, and Dreadnaught.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, or better.  This comic shows a few spots of light wear on the spine, and no tears at the staples.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.  The back cover shows a bit of paper missing at the bottom spine corner, as well as some mild edge bends at the top.  There is a mild spine roll as well.  The comic will benefit from a press.

$6 shipped

Post 203 IP   flag post
Direct edition copy of Superman #20 (2nd series).  This issue features appearances by the Doom Patrol and Metallo.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, or better.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that barely break the ink.  The back cover shows some very light edge wear and small edge bends at the top.  There is a mild spine roll as well.  The comic will benefit from a press.

$6 shipped

Post 204 IP   flag post
Direct edition copy of Superman #21 (2nd series).  This issue features the 1st meeting between Superman and the new Supergirl (Matrix).

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, or better.  There is light blunting of the spine corners (especially the bottom corner on the back cover), as well as a couple spine stress creases/ticks that barely break the ink.  Both covers show very mild edge wear and/or edge bends at the top and bottom of the page.  There is a mild spine roll as well.  The comic will benefit from a press.

$7 shipped

Post 205 IP   flag post

Direct edition copy of Superman #22 (2nd series).  This issue features an appearance by Supergirl (Matrix).  I have two copies of this issue.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine minus condition, or better.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.  Both covers show very mild edge wear and/or edge bends at the top and bottom of the page.  There is a mild spine roll as well, which is evident on the back cover.  The comic will benefit from a press.  I have another copy of this issue that doesn't have the spine roll, but makes up for it with other defects that put it in the same grade range estimate.

$4 shipped (each copy)

Post 206 IP   flag post
Direct edition copy of Superman #23 (2nd series).  This issue features the origin of Silver Banshee.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine minus condition, or better.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a handful of small spine stress creases/ticks…with a couple that very lightly break the ink.  The back cover shows some light wear at both spine corners, as well as light edge bends all round (except the spine).  There is a very mild spine roll as well.  The comic will benefit from a press.

$5 shipped

Post 207 IP   flag post
This is the last Superman book I will list for the time being.

1st print copy of Giant Superman Annual #1, Replica edition.  This one-shot comic reprints important Golden Age and Silver Age stories.  The front cover is a foldout.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine/Near Mint condition, or better.  This comic shows hardly any wear on the spine, and there are no staples to worry about.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as one spine stress crease on the front cover that barely breaks the ink.  The back cover shows a very mild finger bend near the bottom edge of the page that doesn’t break the ink.  It can be pressed out.

$20 shipped (or best offer)

Post 208 IP   flag post
Collector ERB_in_CLT private msg quote post Address this user
@Galen130 Quote:
Originally Posted by Galen130
Hello, all!!! I hope everyone had a great holiday season. For me, it was over quick so I'm happy. Celebrating at home with just my wife is perfect for me.

I am running out of comics to list in this thread because I'm trying to keep it to mostly all ages prior to Modern. I just don't have a lot of the older books in my collection...at least that I'm willing to part with. The bitch of it is, I have 16 long boxes full of comics...most of which are Moderns from the 90's with some stuff from 2000 to 2010 (even some newer stuff). I have a 124 page sales thread 'somewhere else', but I've been working on that one for over a year and a half. I have no desire to start listing that stuff here...way too much work. Lol

Having said that, if anyone is looking to fill holes in their modern runs from A to Z, feel free to message me with requests. I'd say my collection is about 60% DC, 40% Marvel. I really don't have the high end stuff people are looking for these days. I bought comics regularly for over a decade so that I could read them. It's a fine Modern collection, just not the stuff that's overly valuable. I will continue to add whatever I find, but I'm now and box #15 and soon my entire collection will be listed 'over there'. Thanks for visiting!!!

Oh, and a reminder to everyone that everything in this thread and my CGC slab sales thread are open to offers. Message me and we'll discuss it.

DM SENT!
Post 209 IP   flag post
Collector Hexigore private msg quote post Address this user
I'll take the Superman 17, 21, and 22 if they are still available.
Post 210 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexigore

They are...I'll set them aside for your. Many thanks!!!
Post 211 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galen130
Quote:

They are...I'll set them aside for your. Many thanks!!!

Message sent!!!
Post 212 IP   flag post
I award you no points… stanley_1883 private msg quote post Address this user
Damn, waited too long. Nice grab
Post 213 IP   flag post
Superman #17, #21, and one copy of #22 sold to @Hexigore!!! Thank you!!

One copy of Superman #22 is still available.
Post 214 IP   flag post
Collector ERB_in_CLT private msg quote post Address this user
@Galen130 thanks for the great sale! If you find any more Star Wars in your stash, keep me in mind!

Post 215 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERB_in_CLT
@Galen130 thanks for the great sale! If you find any more Star Wars in your stash, keep me in mind!

Will do, and my pleasure!! 🙂🤙
Post 216 IP   flag post
Superman: The Secret Years #1 to #4.  This mini-series is an overview of the few stories that cover the time Clark Kent spent in college at Metropolis University.  Issue #3 is the only comic of these four comics that isn’t a newsstand edition.  I'm selling these books as intended...a four part limited series.  I prefer not to separate them. 

I believe these comics to be in Fine condition, or better.  Issue #1 has the most defects…numerous ink-breaking spine creases, especially on the back cover.  Issue #3 is probably the cleanest copy at Very Fine, or better.  These books were read, but they are intact and in decent shape.  I can provide more detailed photos if requested.  Just send me a PM. 

$15 SHIPPED (all 4 comics together)

Post 217 IP   flag post
ACTION COMICS #298. This issue features a cameo appearance by the Legion of Superheroes.

CGC 5.0, OFF-WHITE PAGES

$60 shipped

Post 218 IP   flag post
JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #78, Gil Kane cover. This issue features the 1st Silver Age appearance of Vigilante, as well as the 1st appearance of The Doomsters.

CGC 7.5, OFF-WHITE/WHITE PAGES

$80 shipped

Post 219 IP   flag post
Vampirella #51 (Warren). I haven't spent time yet grading magazines, so I'm using my amateur comic grading skills with this one. I absolutely do not like publications that are stapled away from the spine, causing defects on the covers.

I believe this magazine to be in Fine/Very Fine condition, or better. This magazine shows very light wear in spots on the spine, and no tears at the staples (staples are not on the spine, but about a half inch inside the book). There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a number of spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink. Both covers show light ink rubs where the staples are located. The front cover shows an ink-breaking crease near the upper right corner, as well as an ink-breaking crease or scratch just above the bottom right corner. The back cover shows a very light ink-breaking crease at the top spine corner, as well as a few areas around the page that show very light scuffs and very light ink-breaking edge creases. This magazine would benefit from a press because of a number of small finger bends and waviness near the spine. Both covers are very glossy.

$40 shipped (or best offer)

Post 220 IP   flag post
Vampirella #95 (Warren). Again, I'm using my amateur comic grading skills to describe this magazine.

I believe this magazine to be in Fine/Very Fine condition, or better. This magazine shows very light wear in spots on the spine, and no tears at the staples. There is moderate blunting of the spine corners, as well as a number of spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink. The biggest problem with this magazine is the ink rubs on the back cover at the top and bottom edges. This may have been caused by moisture from someone’s fingers…I don’t know for sure. I don’t think it’s a production defect, from my experience, but I could be wrong. Other defects are shown in the photos, which are few.

$35 shipped (or best offer)

Post 221 IP   flag post
Collector cesidio private msg quote post Address this user
Take it vamprilla #51
Post 222 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cesidio
Take it vamprilla #51

Not sold, everyone. Still available. 🙂👍🤙
Post 223 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O This thread is done. Please lock it at your convenience. Thanks a lot!!!
Post 224 IP   flag post
601365 224 24
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.