Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
For SaleRaw Comics For Sale

Raw Comics For Sale--Fillers, Runs, Drek!! Mostly Modern, some CA/BA/SA!!15615

I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
The Saga of Ra’s Al Ghul #4, wrap-around cover (limited series).  This issue reprints Batman #244, featuring Batman, Ra’s and Talia Al Ghul.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, or better.  There is light blunting of the spine corners (especially the top corner), as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that barely break the ink.

$7 shipped

Post 176 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Direct edition copy of What If? #28 (1st series). This is Frank Miller’s Daredevil. What if Daredevil became an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.? This issue also features an appearance by Hydra and Ghost Rider.

I believe this comic to be in Fine/Very Fine condition, or better. I believe I'm conservative here because of some streaking on both covers. This comic shows hardly any wear on the spine, and no tears at the staples. There is light blunting of the spine corners (especially the top corner which shows a small bend crease), as well as a small number of spine stress creases/ticks…with a few that very lightly break the ink. Both covers show vertical ‘streaks’ that may be ink transfer or a possible printing defect. I’m not sure on that. The front cover shows a few spots of very light soiling and/or ink transfers along the spine. The back cover shows the same in spots around the white background.

$20 shipped

Post 177 IP   flag post
Shadow of the Batman #1.  This issue reprints Detective Comics #469 and #470, which features an appearance by Doctor Phosphorous.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine minus condition, or better.  There is light blunting on the spine corners (especially the bottom corner), as well as a number of spine stress creases/ticks…with a few that very lightly break the ink.  The back cover shows a small paper tear just above the bottom spine corner, but it is still attached.

$8 shipped

Post 178 IP   flag post
Shadow of the Batman #2.  This issue reprints Detective Comics #471 and #472, which features an appearance by Hugo Strange.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine/Near Mint condition, or better.  There is light blunting on the spine corners, as well as a couple spine stress creases/ticks that barely break the ink.  The back cover shows what appears to be an ink rub at the page edge near the letter ‘N’ of the big tombstone.  I believe this is a production error because the paper is smooth and there isn’t any wear on the edge.  You be the judge.

$7 shipped

Post 179 IP   flag post
Shadow of the Batman #3.  This issue reprints Detective Comics #473 and #474, featuring appearances by Penguin and Deadshot.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine plus condition, or better.  There is light blunting on the spine corners (especially the bottom corner), as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that barely break the ink.  The back cover shows a couple of small bends at the upper page corner that don’t break the ink.  They can be pressed out.

$7 shipped

Post 180 IP   flag post

Shadow of the Batman #4.  This issue reprints Detective Comics #475 and #476, featuring an appearance by Joker.

I believe this comic to be in Fine/Very Fine condition, or better.  There is light blunting on the spine corners (especially the top corner), as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.  The top spine corner has about a 1/4” split in it.

$7 shipped

Post 181 IP   flag post
Shadow of the Batman #5.  This issue reprints Detective Comics #478 and #479, featuring an appearance by Clayface.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine/Near Mint condition, or better.  There is light blunting on the spine corners, as well as a couple spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.  The back cover shows a mild finger bend near the top page edge that can be pressed out.  It doesn’t break the ink.

$7 shipped

Post 182 IP   flag post
Spectacular Spider-Man #231, alternate Sal Buscema variant, cover B.  This comic features the return of Kaine, and is 1 of 4 limited variant special covers Camelot Music released polybagged with Saturday Morning Cartoons Sampler Cassette. Also released were Amazing Spider-Man #408, Sensational Spider-Man #1, and Spider-Man #65. The four covers connect to depict a giant spider symbol in the background.

At the time of purchase, I wasn’t collecting a lot of Spider-Man and I didn’t know about the connecting covers…I don’t have the other issues unfortunately.  The price was printed on the poly-bag while the UPC symbol was printed on the comic cover.  Through a bit of research, I ‘believe’ there may have been only 1000 copies of each of the above issues…I haven’t been able to verify that.  I do know that this comic variant is very hard to find, unless you’re willing to pay through the nose for it.

This variant was originally shipped poly-bagged. The package included a music cassette featuring The Ramones performing the 1967 animated Spider-Man series theme song as well as other selected songs from "Saturday Morning: Cartoon's Greatest Hits" CD.  Unfortunately, this copy does NOT come with the bag or board.  I did have a polybagged copy of this one, but I sold it a few years ago on eBay.  Dang it!!!

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine minus condition, or better.  There is imperceptible blunting on the spine corners, as well as a number of small spine stress creases/ticks…with a few on the back cover that very lightly break the ink.  The entire bottom right page corner of the book shows a small bend…the crease doesn’t appear to break the ink on the front cover, but the back cover barely shows ink-breakage at the bend.  This comic will benefit from a pressing.

$75 shipped (or best offer)

Post 183 IP   flag post
Polybagged, newsstand edition copy of Spider-Man #1.  With cover art by Todd McFarlane, this issue features an appearance by Lizard.  The poly bag is NOT included.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine minus condition, or better.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as one or two spine stress creases/ticks barely break the ink.  The front cover shows a small bend crease near the bottom spine staple that very lightly breaks the ink.  The back cover suffers from the common vertical indentation from the polybag, but it’s doesn’t break the ink.  The back cover also shows some ‘wrinkling’ near the bottom spine corner, but it’s difficult see if the ‘creases’ break the ink on the spine.  There is also a very mild bend of the back upper left corner that goes through the whole book.  There may be extremely light ink-breakage on the back cover at the same corner.  This book will benefit from a press, in my opinion.

$30 shipped (or best offer)

Post 184 IP   flag post
Direct edition copy of Strange Tales #9 (2nd series).  This issue features appearances by Cloak and Dazzler, as well as Doctor Strange.  It also features 1st appearances by Night and Day, and Mr. Jip.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine minus condition, or better.  There is light blunting of the spine corners (especially the bottom corner), as well as a number of spine stress creases/ticks…with a few that very lightly break the ink.  Both covers show numerous small bends and/or crease that can be pressed out.  Most of these do not break the ink, but if they do…barely.  The back cover shows a couple of these bends near the top edge that are the biggest…one of which barely breaks the ink.

$4 shipped

Post 185 IP   flag post
Direct edition copy of Superman #1 (2nd series).  This issue features the 1st ‘post-Crisis’ appearance of Metallo, as well as his origin.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine minus condition, or better.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a number of small spine stress creases/ticks…with a few that very lightly break the ink.  The back cover shows a mild vertical indentation along the left page edge.  I believe this is from stacking.  The comic will benefit from a press.

$13 shipped

Post 186 IP   flag post
Direct edition copy of Superman #2 (2nd series).  This issue features appearances by Lex Luthor and Metallo.

I believe this comic to be in Fine/Very Fine condition, or better.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a number of small spine stress creases/ticks…with a few that barely break the ink.  The front cover shows a mild spine/stacking roll, as well as a mild bend crease near the top right corner that doesn’t break the ink.  The back cover shows mild bend creases near the top spine corner and the bottom left corner that don’t appear to break the ink.  There is some light soiling near these areas, with more light soiling near the staples.  The comic will definitely benefit from a clean & press.

$6 shipped

Post 187 IP   flag post
Direct edition copy of Superman #3 (2nd series).  This issue is a Legends crossover (Chapter 17), and it features an appearance by Darkseid.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine minus condition, or better.  .  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a handful of spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.  One of these creases shows light wear on the front cover.  The front cover shows a mild spine/stacking roll, as well as a mild bend crease near the top right corner that doesn’t break the ink.  The back cover shows an almost imperceptible spot of possible moisture damage that doesn’t really leave a stain.  It’s slightly rough to the touch and goes through the page.  It could be something else…I don’t know what though.  There is some very light soiling in spots along the spine.  The comic will benefit from a clean & press.

$6 shipped

Post 188 IP   flag post
Newsstand edition copy of Superman #4 (2nd series).  This issue features the 1st appearance, and origin, of Bloodsport.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, or better.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.  One of these creases is the result of a mild bend crease near the top spine corner, which itself doesn’t break the ink on the front cover.  The front cover shows a mild spine/stacking roll, as well as a small production wrinkle/crease on Bloodsport’s left fist that doesn’t appear to break the ink.  Both covers have very mild bends (not quite creases) near the page corners, as well as one mild bend near the top staple.  The back cover shows very light soiling in spots along the spine.  The comic will definitely benefit from a clean & press, perhaps getting it to a 9.0/9.2.

$35 shipped (or best offer)

Post 189 IP   flag post
Direct edition copy of Superman #5 (2nd series).  This issue features the 1st appearance of Host.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine minus condition, or better.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a number of spine stress creases/ticks…with a few that very lightly break the ink.  The front cover shows a mild spine/stacking roll, as well as mild bends near both spine corners and the bottom right corner that go through the whole comic.  They don’t break the ink, except possibly on the back cover (page corner), which is difficult to see on the white background.  The back cover shows a few areas of very light soiling along the spine.  The comic will benefit from a clean & press.

$7 shipped

Post 190 IP   flag post
Direct edition copy of Superman #6 (2nd series).  This issue features an appearance by Host.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, or better.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a small number of spine stress creases/ticks…with a few that very lightly break the ink.  The front cover shows a very mild spine/stacking roll.  The back cover shows a few areas of very light soiling along the spine.  The upper right part of the front cover shows some lightening of the green ink, which is a production issue.  I’ve seen this on numerous copies of the same comic.  The comic will benefit from a clean & press.

$6 shipped

Post 191 IP   flag post
Direct edition copy of Superman #7 (2nd series).  This issue features the 1st appearance, and origin, of Rampage.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, or better.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.  The front cover shows a very mild spine/stacking roll, as well as some light bends near the top spine corner (which goes through the whole comic) and the bottom spine corner.  The back cover shows a few areas of very light soiling along the spine.  The comic will benefit from a clean & press.

$8 shipped

Post 192 IP   flag post
Direct edition copy of Superman #8 (2nd series).  The cover of this issue is an homage to Fantastic Four #249, and it features an appearance by the Legion of Superheroes.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, or better.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a handful of spine stress creases/ticks…with a couple that very lightly break the ink.  The front cover shows a very mild spine/stacking roll, as well as some light bends near the top page edge and the bottom right corner that goes through the whole book.  The front cover also shows a vertical production wrinkle on Blok’s left boot that may or may not break the ink (it’s hard to tell).  The back cover shows a few areas of very light soiling along the spine.  The comic will benefit from a clean & press.

$6 shipped

Post 193 IP   flag post
Direct edition copy of Superman #10 (2nd series).  This issue features appearances by Cat Grant and Lex Luthor.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, or better.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a number of spine stress creases/ticks…with a few that very lightly break the ink.  The back cover shows a couple mild finger-bends, as well as edge bends on the left page edge, that don’t break the ink.  The comic will benefit from a press.

$6 shipped

Post 194 IP   flag post
Direct edition copy of Superman #11 (2nd series).  This issue features the 1st ‘post-Crisis’ appearance of Mr. Mxyzptlk.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, or better.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a number of spine stress creases/ticks…with a few that very lightly break the ink.  The entire comic shows a mild spine roll.  The back cover shows a couple mild finger-bends, as well as edge bends on the left page edge, that don’t break the ink.  The comic will benefit from a press.

$7 shipped

Post 195 IP   flag post
Direct edition copy of Superman #12 (2nd series).  This issue features the 1st ‘post-Crisis’ appearance of Lori Lemaris.

I believe this comic to be in Fine/Very Fine condition, or better.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a number of spine stress creases/ticks…with a few that very lightly break the ink.  The entire comic shows a mild spine roll.  Both covers show mild finger-bends and/or edge bends that mostly don’t break the ink.  The back cover shows some very light wear on the upper left corner, as well as some wrinkling near the bottom page edge.  The comic will benefit from a press.

$6 shipped

Post 196 IP   flag post
Direct edition copy of Superman #13 (2nd series).  This issue is Millennium, Week 2, and it features the 1st ‘post-Crisis’ appearance of Toyman.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, or better.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.  The top edges of both covers show mild edge bends and finger-bends that don’t break the ink.  The back cover shows a mild spine/stacking roll.  The comic will benefit from a press.

$7 shipped

Post 197 IP   flag post
Direct edition copy of Superman #14 (2nd series).  This issue Millennium, Week 6 and it features an appearance by Green Lantern.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, or better.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.  The bottom spine corner shows a bit of torn paper on the back cover that is still attached.  Both covers have mild finger-bends and/or indentations that don’t break the ink.  The comic has a mild spine/stacking roll.  The comic will benefit from a press.

$6 shipped

Post 198 IP   flag post
Direct edition copy of Superman #15 (2nd series).  This issue features the 1st appearance of Skyhook.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine minus condition, or better.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.  Both covers show a couple of mild horizontal indentations from side to side that don’t break the ink.  It looks like something small was placed and pressed into the covers.  A press will fix this.  The back cover shows a few very light soiling spots near the spine.  Both covers show a mild spine/stacking roll.  The comic will benefit from a press.

$6 shipped

Post 199 IP   flag post
Direct edition copy of Superman #16 (2nd series).  This issue features the 1st appearance of the new Supergirl (Matrix), as well as the 1st post-Crisis appearance of The Prankster.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine plus condition, or better.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.  The back cover shows very light soiling near the staples.  Both covers show a mild spine/stacking roll.  The comic will benefit from a press.

$8 shipped

Post 200 IP   flag post
Direct edition copy of Superman #17 (2nd series).  This issue features an appearance by Silver Banshee.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine minus condition, or better.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a number of small spine stress creases/ticks…with a few that very lightly break the ink.  Both covers show mild indentations and/or light edge bends/finger-bends that don’t break the ink.  Both covers show a mild spine/stacking roll.  The comic will benefit from a press.

$5 shipped

Post 201 IP   flag post
Direct edition copy of Superman #18 (2nd series).  This issue features appearances by Hawkman and Hawkwoman.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine minus condition, or better.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a number of small spine stress creases/ticks…with a few that very lightly break the ink.  Both covers show mild indentations and/or light edge bends/finger-bends that don’t break the ink.  Both covers show a mild spine/stacking roll.  The comic will benefit from a press.

$5 shipped

Post 202 IP   flag post
Direct edition copy of Superman #19 (2nd series).  This issue features 1st appearances by Professor Thadeus Killgrave, Psi-Phon, and Dreadnaught.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, or better.  This comic shows a few spots of light wear on the spine, and no tears at the staples.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.  The back cover shows a bit of paper missing at the bottom spine corner, as well as some mild edge bends at the top.  There is a mild spine roll as well.  The comic will benefit from a press.

$6 shipped

Post 203 IP   flag post
Direct edition copy of Superman #20 (2nd series).  This issue features appearances by the Doom Patrol and Metallo.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, or better.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that barely break the ink.  The back cover shows some very light edge wear and small edge bends at the top.  There is a mild spine roll as well.  The comic will benefit from a press.

$6 shipped

Post 204 IP   flag post
Direct edition copy of Superman #21 (2nd series).  This issue features the 1st meeting between Superman and the new Supergirl (Matrix).

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, or better.  There is light blunting of the spine corners (especially the bottom corner on the back cover), as well as a couple spine stress creases/ticks that barely break the ink.  Both covers show very mild edge wear and/or edge bends at the top and bottom of the page.  There is a mild spine roll as well.  The comic will benefit from a press.

$7 shipped

Post 205 IP   flag post
600703 224 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.