Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
For SaleRaw Comics For Sale

Raw Comics For Sale--Fillers, Runs, Drek!! Mostly Modern, some CA/BA/SA!!15615

I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Direct edition copy of Crisis On Infinite Earths #4, limited series. This issue features appearances by the Legion of Superheroes and the New Teen Titans.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine minus condition, or better. There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a small handful of spine stress creases/tics that lightly break the ink. The back cover shows light soiling in a few areas. I believe this comic will benefit from a cleaning and pressing.

$8 shipped

Post 151 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Direct edition copy of Crisis On Infinite Earths #6, limited series. This issue introduces Charlton Comics characters Captain Atom, Nightshade, Question, Judomaster, Peacemaker, and Thunderbolt.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, or better. There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a small handful of spine stress creases/tics...with a couple that very lightly break the ink. The back cover shows very light soiling in spots near the spine.

$10 shipped

Post 152 IP   flag post
Newsstand edition copy of Crisis On Infinite Earths #6, limited series. This issue introduces Charlton Comics characters Captain Atom, Nightshade, Question, Judomaster, Peacemaker, and Thunderbolt.

I believe this comic to be in Fine/Very Fine condition. There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a small handful of spine stress creases/tics...with a couple that very lightly break the ink. The back cover shows very light soiling in spots near the spine. There is also a doodle in the price block (damnit).

$8 shipped

Post 153 IP   flag post
Newsstand edition copy of Crisis On Infinite Earths #9, limited series. This comic introduces Charlton Comics Ghost character.

I believe this comic to be in Fine plus condition, or better. There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a handful of spine stress creases/tics that lightly break the ink. The front cover shows some roughening of the top edge, as well as a very small bend of the lower right corner that breaks the ink. The back cover shows soiling along the spine.

$7 shipped

Post 154 IP   flag post
Direct edition copy of Detective Comics #574. This issue retells the origin of Batman and Jason Todd.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine minus condition, or better. There is light blunting on the spine corners, as well as a small number of spine stress creases/tics that lightly break the ink. There is also a very mild spine roll that I believe can be pressed out.

$10 shipped

Post 155 IP   flag post

Direct edition copy of Detective Comics #575. This issue is Batman: Year Two, Part 1 of 4, with Batman using the same gun that killed his parents, to bring down the Reaper.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine minus condition, or better. There is light blunting on the spine corners, as well as a small number of spine stress creases/tics that lightly break the ink. Both covers show a number of ‘crescent’ shaped indentations that don’t break the ink. I’m not sure how these formed, but I believe they can be pressed out.

$15 shipped

Post 156 IP   flag post
Direct edition copy of Detective Comics #576. This issue is Batman: Year Two, Part 2 of 4, with Batman using the same gun that killed his parents, to bring down the Reaper. The comic also features an appearance by Joe Chill. Todd McFarlane created the cover artwork.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine minus condition, or better. There is light blunting on the spine corners, as well as a small number of spine stress creases/tics that very lightly break the ink. The back cover shows a couple spots of very light soiling/ink transfers. Both covers show a number of ‘crescent’ shaped indentations that don’t break the ink. I’m not sure how these formed, but I believe they can be pressed out.

$20 shipped

Post 157 IP   flag post
Direct edition copy of Detective Comics #577. This issue is Batman: Year Two, Part 3 of 4, with Batman using the same gun that killed his parents, to bring down the Reaper. The comic also features an appearance by Joe Chill. Todd McFarlane created the cover artwork.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, or better. There is light blunting on the spine corners, as well as a small number of spine stress creases/tics that very lightly break the ink. The back cover shows a couple spots of very light soiling/ink transfers near the spine.

$25 shipped

Post 158 IP   flag post
Direct edition copy of Detective Comics #578. This issue is Batman: Year Two, Part 4 of 4, with Batman using the same gun that killed his parents, to bring down the Reaper. The comic also features the death of Joe Chill. Todd McFarlane created the cover artwork.

I believe this comic to be in Fine/Very Fine condition, or better. There is light blunting on the spine corners, as well as a small number of spine stress creases/tics that lightly break the ink. The back cover shows very light ink rubs near the staples. The upper spine corner of the back cover shows a mild bend crease that I believe can be pressed out.

$17 shipped

Post 159 IP   flag post
Direct edition copy of Detective Comics #648. This issue features the 1st full appearance of Spoiler (Stephanie Brown).

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine/Near Mint condition, or better. This comic shows hardly any wear along the spine and no tears at the staples. There is light blunting on the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/tics that barely break the ink. The back cover shows very light soiling or ink rubs in spots around the page, and the bottom left corner of the same cover shows a very small stain…or possible foxing/tanning.

$15 SHIPPED

Post 160 IP   flag post
Direct edition copy of The Doom Patrol #10 (1987 series). This issue features an appearance by Metallo.

I believe this comic to be in Fine/Very Fine condition, or better. There is light blunting on the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/tics that very lightly break the ink. The back cover shows a few areas of light ink rubs, especially near the spine. Both covers show light rippling along the top edges that can be pressed out. The back cover shows very light wear to the bottom edge near the spine corner. There is a spine roll that can be pressed out.

$7 shipped

Post 161 IP   flag post
Direct Edition copy of Green Lantern #202 (2nd series). The cover shows ‘The Green Lantern Corps’, but the indicia still says ‘Green Lantern’. This issue features three different Green Lanterns.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine/Near Mint condition , or better. There is very light blunting on the spine corners, as well as a handful of small spine creases on the front cover at the spine. A couple of these creases very lightly break the ink.

$6 shipped

Post 162 IP   flag post
Newsstand edition copy of Iceman #3, limited series. This issue features appearances by Jean Grey, Black Widow, and Ghost Rider.

I believe this comic to be in Fine plus condition, or better. There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a small number of small spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink. The front cover shows a ‘wrinkle’ near the comic’s date, which may be a production issue. The back cover shows some very light soiling around the edges of the page, as well as a bend crease near the bottom spine corner that doesn’t appear to break the ink.

$6 shipped

Post 163 IP   flag post
Man-Bat #1. This issue is a collection of reprints. It contains reprints of the 1st appearance and origin of Man-Bat from Detective Comics #400, #402, and #407.

I believe this comic to be in Fine/Very Fine condition, or better. This comic shows light wear along the spine and no tears at the staples. There is blunting and wear on the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink. The front cover also shows a production wrinkle near the spine’s center that doesn’t appear to break the ink. The back cover shows very light ink rubs near the spine. The top edge of both covers shows bends along those edges that, for the most part, don’t break the ink.

$6 shipped

Post 164 IP   flag post
The Man of Steel #1, 6-part limited series. This comic is the special collector’s edition, silver logo variant. It was only available on the Direct market. The story contains post-Crisis 1st appearances of Jor-El, Lara, Kelex, and baby Kal-El.

I believe this comic to be in Fine condition, or better, because of all the wear, soiling, and ink transfers. This comic shows light wear along the spine and no tears at the staples. There is light blunting on all four corners, as well as a couple spine stress creases/ticks that lightly break the ink. The entire upper right corner of the comic has a mild bend that has soiled the front cover and caused a very light ink-breaking crease on the back. Both covers shows a lot of wear and/or soiling all over them. I believe a good deal of this can be cleaned, giving this book a much better look.

$7 shipped

Post 165 IP   flag post
Direct edition copy of The Man of Steel #2, 6-part limited series.  This issue has Superman meeting Lois Lane, while Clark Kent gets a job at the Daily Planet.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine minus condition, or better.  There is light blunting on all four corners, as well as a number of small spine stress creases/ticks…with a few that very lightly break the ink.  Both covers show very light soiling near the spine, while the front cover shows a small red ink mark just below the DC logo.

$10 shipped

Post 166 IP   flag post
Direct edition copy of The Man of Steel #3, 6-part limited series.  This issue features the 1st appearance, and origin, of Magpie.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine plus condition, or better.  There is very light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a number of small spine stress creases/ticks…with a couple that very lightly break the ink.  The front cover shows ink ‘splatter’ near Batman’s head…I believe it’s a production defect.  The back cover also shows a couple of ink blots, as well as some light ink transfers.

$11 shipped

Post 167 IP   flag post
Direct edition copy of The Man of Steel #4, 6-part limited series.  This issue features the 1st run-in between Superman and the new Lex Luthor…post-Crisis.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine plus condition, or better.  There is very light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a small number of small spine stress creases/ticks…with a couple that very lightly break the ink.  The back cover shows a couple spots of very light soiling or ink transfers.

$11 shipped

Post 168 IP   flag post
Direct edition copy of The Man of Steel #5, 6-part limited series.  This issue features the 1st run-in between Superman and the new Bizarro.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine/Near Mint condition, or better.  There is very light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a small number of small spine stress creases/ticks…with a couple that barely break the ink.

$13 shipped

Post 169 IP   flag post
Direct edition copy of The Man of Steel #6, 6-part limited series.  This issue features appearances by John and Martha Kent.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine plus condition, or better.  There is very light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a number of small spine stress creases/ticks…with a few that barely break the ink.  The front cover shows one or two spots of light soiling, as well as a few indentations in the paper that don’t break the ink.  These can be pressed out.

$10 shipped

Post 170 IP   flag post
Newsstand edition copy of Marvel Super-Heroes: Secret Wars #12.  This book is a double-size issue, ending the 12-part 1985 Secret Wars limited series.

I believe this comic to be in Fine/Very Fine condition, or better.  There is light blunting on the spine corners (especially the bottom, which shows a light ‘crunch’), as well as a small number of spine stress creases/tics that very lightly break the ink.  Both covers show some minor indentations/wrinkling, especially the back.  Most of these, possibly all, don’t break the ink.  I believe a good pressing could possibly bring the grade up to Very Fine minus or better…in my opinion.

$10 shipped

Post 171 IP   flag post
The Outsiders #4 (1985 series).  This issue features an appearance by the Force of July.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine/Near Mint condition, or better.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as one or two spine stress creases/ticks that barely break the ink.  The front cover shows a small spot of ink transfer or soiling near the bottom edge’s center, while the back cover shows a small spot of discoloration near the spine’s center.

$5 shipped

Post 172 IP   flag post
The Outsiders Annual #1 (1985 series). This issue features appearances by Batman, Kobra, and Skull.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine plus condition, or better. There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that lightly break the ink. The front cover shows a small corner bend at the top right that very lightly breaks the ink. The back cover shows some very light soiling and/or ink transfers along the spine.

$6 shipped

Post 173 IP   flag post
The Saga of Ra’s Al Ghul #1, wrap-around cover (limited series).  This issue reprints Detective Comics #411, featuring the 1st appearance of Talia Al Ghul, as well as the 1st meeting between Talia and Batman.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, or better.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a small number of spine stress creases/ticks…with a couple barely break the ink.  The back cover shows a vertical stacking indentation that doesn’t break the ink, along with one or two very mild finger bends.  The previous two problems can be pressed out.

$10 shipped

Post 174 IP   flag post
The Saga of Ra’s Al Ghul #2, wrap-around cover (limited series).  This issue reprints Batman #235, featuring Batman and Talia Al Ghul.

I believe this comic to be in Fine/Very Fine condition, or better.  There is light blunting of the spine corners (especially the bottom corner), as well as a small number of spine stress creases/ticks…with a couple very lightly break the ink.  The back cover shows a couple vertical indentations/creases that don’t break the ink, which can be pressed out, along with some very light soiling along the spine.  The front cover shows someone had traced ‘2.00’ near Batman’s left ear.  It can be pressed out.

$6 shipped

Post 175 IP   flag post
The Saga of Ra’s Al Ghul #4, wrap-around cover (limited series).  This issue reprints Batman #244, featuring Batman, Ra’s and Talia Al Ghul.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, or better.  There is light blunting of the spine corners (especially the top corner), as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that barely break the ink.

$7 shipped

Post 176 IP   flag post
Direct edition copy of What If? #28 (1st series). This is Frank Miller’s Daredevil. What if Daredevil became an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.? This issue also features an appearance by Hydra and Ghost Rider.

I believe this comic to be in Fine/Very Fine condition, or better. I believe I'm conservative here because of some streaking on both covers. This comic shows hardly any wear on the spine, and no tears at the staples. There is light blunting of the spine corners (especially the top corner which shows a small bend crease), as well as a small number of spine stress creases/ticks…with a few that very lightly break the ink. Both covers show vertical ‘streaks’ that may be ink transfer or a possible printing defect. I’m not sure on that. The front cover shows a few spots of very light soiling and/or ink transfers along the spine. The back cover shows the same in spots around the white background.

$20 shipped

Post 177 IP   flag post
Shadow of the Batman #1.  This issue reprints Detective Comics #469 and #470, which features an appearance by Doctor Phosphorous.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine minus condition, or better.  There is light blunting on the spine corners (especially the bottom corner), as well as a number of spine stress creases/ticks…with a few that very lightly break the ink.  The back cover shows a small paper tear just above the bottom spine corner, but it is still attached.

$8 shipped

Post 178 IP   flag post
Shadow of the Batman #2.  This issue reprints Detective Comics #471 and #472, which features an appearance by Hugo Strange.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine/Near Mint condition, or better.  There is light blunting on the spine corners, as well as a couple spine stress creases/ticks that barely break the ink.  The back cover shows what appears to be an ink rub at the page edge near the letter ‘N’ of the big tombstone.  I believe this is a production error because the paper is smooth and there isn’t any wear on the edge.  You be the judge.

$7 shipped

Post 179 IP   flag post
Shadow of the Batman #3.  This issue reprints Detective Comics #473 and #474, featuring appearances by Penguin and Deadshot.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine plus condition, or better.  There is light blunting on the spine corners (especially the bottom corner), as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that barely break the ink.  The back cover shows a couple of small bends at the upper page corner that don’t break the ink.  They can be pressed out.

$7 shipped

Post 180 IP   flag post
598015 224 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.