Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
For SaleRaw Comics For Sale

Raw Comics For Sale--Fillers, Runs, Drek!! Mostly Modern, some CA/BA/SA!!15615

I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Newsstand edition copy of Marvel Spotlight #7 (volume 2). This issue features Star-Lord, with work by Frank Miller.

I believe this comic to be in Fine/Very Fine condition, or better. This comic shows very light wear on the spine, and no tears at the staples. There is light blunting of the spine corners (both corners are slightly bent), as well as a small number of spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink. The front cover shows very light soiling near the bottom staple, as well as small ink-breaking creases/bends on both bottom corners, as well as the upper right corner. That same corner also shows a larger bend crease that doesn’t appear to break the ink. The back cover shows bends and/or creases near the same corners that may or may not break ink. It’s hard to tell against the white background. The back cover also shows very light soiling near the spine and very light ink transfers along the top edge.

$15 shipped

Post 126 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Marvel Two-In-One #41. This issue features appearances by The Thing, Black Panther, and Brother Voodoo.

I believe this comic to be in Fine/Very Fine condition, or better. This comic shows very light wear on the spine, and no tears at the staples. There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a small number of spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink. The front cover shows a mild edge bend at the top that very lightly breaks the ink. The back cover shows some light soiling and/or ink transfers in spots on the white background, as well as some light edge bends on the bottom. A clean/press will help this comic some.

$10 shipped

Post 127 IP   flag post
Direct edition copy of The Savage She-Hulk #3. This issue features the 1st appearance, and death, of Weasel.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, or better. There is very light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that barely break the ink. The back cover shows a sliver of very light discoloration along the top edge that could be tanning (difficult to see). The bottom spine corner of the whole book shows a very mild bend that barely breaks the ink on either cover. It can be pressed out.

$10 shipped

Post 128 IP   flag post
Direct edition copy of The Savage She-Hulk #4.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine plus condition, or better. There is very light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a couple spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink. The front cover shows very minute wear in spots along the spine, as well as a small ink-breaking crease on the lower right corner. The back cover shows some very light soiling along the spine and the bottom left corner.

$10 shipped

Post 129 IP   flag post
Collector Hexigore private msg quote post Address this user
@Galen130
Just wanted to say THANKS! for the House of Mystery 211! It is exactly as described and arrived safely and quickly! Thanks for a great deal! I’ll be sure to watch this thread for more great books!!
Post 130 IP   flag post

I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Some nice looking books with outstanding write ups and info
Post 131 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexigore
@Galen130
Just wanted to say THANKS! for the House of Mystery 211! It is exactly as described and arrived safely and quickly! Thanks for a great deal! I’ll be sure to watch this thread for more great books!!

Many thanks, bud!!! It’s my pleasure. 🙂👍🖖
Post 132 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
Some nice looking books with outstanding write ups and info

Thank you!! I tend to be more detail-oriented with older comics. Unfortunately, I don’t haven’t many more SA/BA/CA comics to go. I may have to start listing Moderns, which aren’t as attractive to a lot of folks. Lol
Post 133 IP   flag post
Direct edition copy of The Savage She-Hulk #5. Jimmy Carter makes a cameo appearance in this issue.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, or better. There is light blunting of the spine corners (especially the bottom corner), as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink. The front cover shows very light ink wear along the top edge and near the top spine corner, as well as a small dimple that barely breaks the ink (see photo). The back cover shows some light soiling in spots on the white background, especially near the spine. A clean/press will benefit this book some.

$10 shipped

Post 134 IP   flag post
Neil Gaiman and Charles Vess’ Stardust #1 to #4 (limited series).

I believe these comics to be in Near Mint plus condition, or better. These comics show hardly any wear on the spine, and there are no staples to worry about. All four books are in fantastic condition, with no spine stress creases/ticks to speak of. Issue #4 has a small indentation near the spine center on the back cover…not really a spine crease. It doesn’t break ink. All the spine bindings are unbroken, at least from reading. A couple of the books show imperceptible to very light edge wear near either spine corner. I’ve kept these books in the best condition I could because Neil Gaiman and Charles Vess were to of my favorite comic book contributors. I hesitate to give each book a Near Mint estimate because I’m not a professional grader. However, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if this entire set wasn’t NM/Mint. I can provide additional pics upon request.

$50 shipped (or best offer)(will not be separated)

Post 135 IP   flag post
Warlock #10. This issue features the origins of Thanos and Gamora.

I believe this comic to be in Fine condition, or better. This comic shows very light wear on the spine, and no tears at the staples. There is light blunting of the spine corners (especially the top corner, which shows a small tear on the back cover), as well as a handful of spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink. The front cover shows light edge bends/wear on the top AND bottom, as well as ink-breaking creases at the bottom right corner. The back cover shows some light soiling and/or ink transfers in areas on the white background, especially near the spine. Both covers show some mild finger-bends and/or indentations that can be pressed out.

$20 shipped (or best offer)

Post 136 IP   flag post
I’m probably done for the time being. I’ve listed all that I intended to, but if I find more I’ll get them listed. Thanks to everyone who has made purchases!!! 🙂👍🖖
Post 137 IP   flag post
FYI, the following comics are no longer available. They were given as presents for Christmas:

The Shadow #1

Warlock #10
Post 138 IP   flag post
Direct edition copy of Superman #1 (2nd series).  This issue features the 1st ‘post-Crisis’ appearance of Metallo, as well as his origin.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine minus condition, or better.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a number of small spine stress creases/ticks…with a few that very lightly break the ink.  The back cover shows a mild vertical indentation along the left page edge.  I believe this is from stacking.  The comic will benefit from a press.

$15 shipped (or best offer)

Post 139 IP   flag post
Newsstand edition copy of Superman #4 (2nd series).  This issue features the 1st appearance, and origin, of Bloodsport.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, or better.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.  One of these creases is the result of a mild bend crease near the top spine corner, which itself doesn’t break the ink on the front cover.  The front cover shows a mild spine/stacking roll, as well as a small production wrinkle/crease on Bloodsport’s left fist that doesn’t appear to break the ink.  Both covers have very mild bends (not quite creases) near the page corners, as well as one mild bend near the top staple.  The back cover shows very light soiling in spots along the spine.  The comic will definitely benefit from a clean & press.

$30 shipped (or best offer)

Post 140 IP   flag post
Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
Got any 1960's-70's DC romance?
Post 141 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicHoarder
Got any 1960's-70's DC romance?

Sorry, I do not. That's a genre I didn't get into.
Post 142 IP   flag post
Uncanny X-Men #200, newsstand copy. In this issue, Cyclops and Storm return to the team. Magneto also joins the X-Men team.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine minus condition, or better. There is very light blunting on the spine corners, as well as a few stress creases on the front & back covers along the spine, which lightly break the ink. There are a couple of wrinkles near the top staple, which goes through the first few pages of the book. The upper right corner of the front cover shows a bend along the top edge, from the comic being stapled at an odd angle. That corner is also slightly blunted. In my opinion, this comic will benefit from a pressing.

$12 shipped

Post 143 IP   flag post
Hello, all!!! I hope everyone had a great holiday season. For me, it was over quick so I'm happy. Celebrating at home with just my wife is perfect for me.

I am running out of comics to list in this thread because I'm trying to keep it to mostly all ages prior to Modern. I just don't have a lot of the older books in my collection...at least that I'm willing to part with. The bitch of it is, I have 16 long boxes full of comics...most of which are Moderns from the 90's with some stuff from 2000 to 2010 (even some newer stuff). I have a 124 page sales thread 'somewhere else', but I've been working on that one for over a year and a half. I have no desire to start listing that stuff here...way too much work. Lol

Having said that, if anyone is looking to fill holes in their modern runs from A to Z, feel free to message me with requests. I'd say my collection is about 60% DC, 40% Marvel. I really don't have the high end stuff people are looking for these days. I bought comics regularly for over a decade so that I could read them. It's a fine Modern collection, just not the stuff that's overly valuable. I will continue to add whatever I find, but I'm now and box #15 and soon my entire collection will be listed 'over there'. Thanks for visiting!!!

Oh, and a reminder to everyone that everything in this thread and my CGC slab sales thread are open to offers. Message me and we'll discuss it.

Post 144 IP   flag post
Batman: The Cult #1 to #4, deluxe limited series. This series features Deacon Blackfire, and appearances by Robin.

These comics show hardly any wear along the spine and there are no staples to worry about. One picture shows an unverified signature on the title page that may be Bernie Wrightson’s. I acquired the book this way many years ago. These books were purchased as back issues so I could read them. Their condition wasn’t on my mind at the time. The books have noticeable defects listed below, as well as estimated grades. I can also provide more pictures if needed.

Issue #1: light blunting of the spine corners, very small spine tics that don’t break the ink, lightly roughened edges on the back cover near both spine corners as well as the left page edge, mild vertical indentation on the back cover near the spine that doesn’t break the ink, cosmetic scratches on both covers that don’t break the ink, and a slight bend in the upper right corner of the front cover that doesn’t break the ink. 7.5VF-, or better (unverified signature)

Issue #2 (1st copy): light blunting of the spine corners which has mildly split the paper, a few light scuffs on both covers in various spots (not easily seen), and fortunately no spine creases/tics can be seen. 7.5VF-, or better

Issue #2: (2nd copy): a much cleaner copy with very light blunting and some very light scuffs in spots on both covers. 9.2NM-, or better

Issue #3: light blunting of the spine corners, numerous spine creases/tics with a couple that lightly break the ink, a handful of indentations/scratches on both cover with a couple that barely break the ink. 7.0FN/VF

Issue #4: light blunting of the spine corners with drop damage on the bottom corner, a few spine creases/tics that lightly break the ink, roughened lower page edge on the front near the corner, a mild vertical indentation on the back cover near the spine that doesn’t break the ink, and noticeable bend creases of the lower left corner of the book that has ‘wrinkled’ the paper and very light ink breakage. 7.0FN/VF

I prefer to sell these books as a set, except for the extra copy of issue #2. If a buyer is looking for a filler, please PM me so we can discuss it. (thumbsu

$25 shipped (4 book set)

$10 shipped (signed issue #2)

Post 145 IP   flag post
1st Print copy of Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Book Three. From Frank Miller’s epic 4-part limited series, this issue features an appearance by Superman as well as the ‘death’ of Joker.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, give or take. This comic shows hardly any wear along the spine and there are no staples to worry about. There is light blunting and wear on the spine corners. There are no spine stress creases/tics, but the spine breaks on both covers do show ink breaks from being read. The front cover shows a ‘scratch’ indentation on the right part of the Batman emblem, which doesn’t appear to break the ink. The back cover shows some light wear in spots around the page, especially along the spine.

$25 shipped

Post 146 IP   flag post
1st Print copy of Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Book Four. From Frank Miller’s epic 4-part limited series, this issue features an appearance by Superman as well as the ‘death’ of Alfred Pennyworth.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine plus, give or take. This comic shows hardly any wear along the spine and there are no staples to worry about. There is light blunting and wear on the spine corners. There are no spine stress creases/tics, and the spine breaks on both covers don’t appear to show any ink breaks. The back cover shows a few spots of light ink rubs near the spine and on the top & bottom page edges near the spine corners. The front cover shows a couple of very light ink rubs near the spine.

$30 shipped

Post 147 IP   flag post
Best of the Brave and the Bold #1. This issue reprints Brave and the Bold #85, and introduces the new look of Green Arrow.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine plus condition, or better. This comic shows very light wear along the spine and no tears at the staples. There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a handful of spine stress creases/tics…with a few that barely break the ink.

$5 shipped

Post 148 IP   flag post
Direct edition copy of Cosmic Boy #4, a Legends tie-in story. This issue features Cosmic Boy, Nightgirl, and Time Trapper, and is Part 4 in a limited series of four issues.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine/Near Mint condition, or better. There is imperceptible blunting on the spine corners and very few spine stress creases…which don’t break the ink. There is a mild spine roll as well.

$5 shipped

Post 149 IP   flag post
Direct edition copy of Crisis On Infinite Earths #2, limited series. This issue features appearances by Green Lantern and Firestorm.

I believe this comic to be in Fine/Very Fine condition, or better. There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a handful of spine stress creases/tics…with a few that lightly break the ink. The back cover shows light soiling in a few areas. I believe this comic will benefit from a cleaning and pressing.

$8 shipped

Post 150 IP   flag post
Direct edition copy of Crisis On Infinite Earths #4, limited series. This issue features appearances by the Legion of Superheroes and the New Teen Titans.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine minus condition, or better. There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a small handful of spine stress creases/tics that lightly break the ink. The back cover shows light soiling in a few areas. I believe this comic will benefit from a cleaning and pressing.

$8 shipped

Post 151 IP   flag post
Direct edition copy of Crisis On Infinite Earths #6, limited series. This issue introduces Charlton Comics characters Captain Atom, Nightshade, Question, Judomaster, Peacemaker, and Thunderbolt.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, or better. There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a small handful of spine stress creases/tics...with a couple that very lightly break the ink. The back cover shows very light soiling in spots near the spine.

$10 shipped

Post 152 IP   flag post
Newsstand edition copy of Crisis On Infinite Earths #6, limited series. This issue introduces Charlton Comics characters Captain Atom, Nightshade, Question, Judomaster, Peacemaker, and Thunderbolt.

I believe this comic to be in Fine/Very Fine condition. There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a small handful of spine stress creases/tics...with a couple that very lightly break the ink. The back cover shows very light soiling in spots near the spine. There is also a doodle in the price block (damnit).

$8 shipped

Post 153 IP   flag post
Newsstand edition copy of Crisis On Infinite Earths #9, limited series. This comic introduces Charlton Comics Ghost character.

I believe this comic to be in Fine plus condition, or better. There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a handful of spine stress creases/tics that lightly break the ink. The front cover shows some roughening of the top edge, as well as a very small bend of the lower right corner that breaks the ink. The back cover shows soiling along the spine.

$7 shipped

Post 154 IP   flag post
Direct edition copy of Detective Comics #574. This issue retells the origin of Batman and Jason Todd.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine minus condition, or better. There is light blunting on the spine corners, as well as a small number of spine stress creases/tics that lightly break the ink. There is also a very mild spine roll that I believe can be pressed out.

$10 shipped

Post 155 IP   flag post
597998 224 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.