Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
For SaleRaw Comics For Sale

Raw Comics For Sale--Fillers, Runs, Drek!! Mostly Modern, some CA/BA/SA!!15615

I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Okay, gang...I'm going to stop listing until next week. I have a Modern Age sales thread somewhere else that I've been neglecting since before Thanksgiving. It needs my undivided attention for a few days. I may also have a couple more slabs I will add to my CGC sales thread here...I just have to decide which, if at all. Thanks again to all who've made purchases here!! You are greatly appreciated!!
Post 101 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
These next few listings are for Star Wars comics that suffer from moisture damage to one degree or another. I'm not estimating any grades for them because of this, but I have tried to take pictures of the biggest defects (including moisture damage) that I could find for each issue.

Newsstand edition copy of Star Wars #34.

This comics suffers from the least amount of moisture damage of the Star Wars books I'm listing. It has occurred on the back cover, near the bottom spine corner. It has caused some wear (tough to see against the white background) as well as some light rippling and staining, which does affect the last few pages of the comic. The rest of the defects are as seen in the photos. A clean and press may help this book to a certain extent, but the grade may not improve much...in my opinion. You be the judge. I'm not the type of individual to throw away a comic book that is still intact and can be read/enjoyed by others.

Since there are three of these moisture-damaged comics, I am offering them for FREE with a raw comic purchase from this thread. It's not my intent to give away all three with one purchase, but feel free to message me and we can discuss it.

$3 shipped (or free with another raw comic purchase)

Post 102 IP   flag post
Newsstand edition copy of Star Wars: Return of the Jedi #2 (limited series).

This issue suffers from quite a bit of moisture damage and staining, which affects the interior pages to one degree or another. A few pics were taken of other defects, but they pale in comparison to the moisture damage and staining. The comic is complete.

$3 shipped (or free with a raw comic purchase)

Post 103 IP   flag post
Newsstand edition copy of Star Wars: Return of the Jedi #3 (limited series)

This issue suffers pretty much the same type of moisture damage as issue #2...almost identical. The interior pages are affected as well, again from minimal to major. The book is complete.

$3 shipped (or free with a raw comic purchase)

Post 104 IP   flag post
Strange Tales #171. This issue features the 3rd appearance of Brother Voodoo.

I believe this comic to be in Fine minus condition, or better. This comic shows hardly any wear on the spine, and very light stress wear at the staples. There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a small number of spine stress creases/ticks that lightly break the ink. The front cover shows lightly rounded page corners, which also show small bend creases that lightly break the ink. The front cover shows a decent spine roll, as well as ink-breaking creases along the spine itself. The back cover shows light soiling and/or ink transfers along all four edges. Both covers show very mild wear along the top and bottom edges, as well as some very light ink breakage. This comic will benefit from a clean & press…in my opinion.

$30 shipped (or best offer)

Post 105 IP   flag post

Strange Tales #172. This issue features the 4th appearance of Brother Voodoo.

I believe this comic to be in Very Good/Fine condition, or better. This comic shows very light wear on the spine, and very light stress wear at the staples. There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a small number of spine stress creases/ticks that lightly break the ink. The front cover shows lightly rounded page corners, which also show small bend creases that lightly break the ink. The upper right page corner on the front shows a very small tear just below the corner and another one about three inches down from the previous one, which also shows an ink-breaking crease. The front cover shows a very mild spine roll, as well as ink-breaking creases along the spine itself. The back cover shows light soiling and/or ink transfers along all four edges. Both covers show very mild wear along the top and bottom edges, as well as some very light ink breakage. This comic will benefit from a clean & press…in my opinion.

$25 shipped (or best offer)

Post 106 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galen130
ARRGH! #2

This issue features appearances by Frankenstein’s Monster, Dracula, and Wolfman. I believe this comic to be in Fine minus condition, or better.  It shows light wear along the spine and no tears at the staples. The staples do show oxidation, but no rust or rust migration.  There is light blunting on the spine corners, as well as a number of spine stress creases/ticks that lightly break the ink.  Both covers show one or two ‘cuts’ or creases that penetrate into the page, but do not affect the inside pages.  The front cover shows an odd stain or moisture damage along the edge near the top spine corner.

$15, plus shipping

I am quoting this listing for two reasons: One, I'm changing the price to $15 shipped and two, I'm adding issues #3 and #4 next. Also, I will sell all three in a 'lot' for a discounted price. Just message me with an offer. Thanks for visiting!!!
Post 107 IP   flag post
Arrgh! #3. This issue features The Mummy, as well as a cameo appearance by Namor.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine minus condition, or better. There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink. The front cover shows a spot of ink wear near the center of the spine, as well as a very mild bend in the lower right corner that can be pressed out...also on the back. A picture I took of a certain area of the front cover shows what looks like wrinkling or creasing that doesn’t break the ink. At first, I thought they might be tracing indentations. I think they can be pressed out. The back cover shows some light soiling in the white areas…maybe a bit of ink transfer. The top edge of the back cover shows some very mild bends that can be pressed out. There are also a few large size wrinkles/waves near the bottom staple that will also press out. This book will present nicely if cleaned and pressed…in my opinion.

$25 shipped

Post 108 IP   flag post
Arrgh! #4. This issue features appearances by Nightstalker (TV), Dracula, and the Hunchback. Of course, their names were changed in this parody.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine minus condition, or better. There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink. The front cover shows a very mild bend in the upper right corner that can be pressed out. There is also a bit of ink wear right at that same corner, and all along the top edge. The back cover shows some light soiling in the white areas…maybe a bit of ink transfer. The top edge of the back cover shows some very mild bends that can be pressed out. There are also a few large size wrinkles/waves near the bottom staple that will also press out. The entire comic has a mild spine roll that can be pressed out, along with a few mild finger bends on both covers. This comic will improve some with a clean and press.

$25 shipped

As I mentioned earlier when I quoted my own listing of Arrgh! #2, I will entertain offers if anyone wishes to purchase all three together. Just message me and we'll discuss it. These covers are pretty cool, by the way. Lol

Post 109 IP   flag post
Creepy Things #3, Charlton Comics. The cover for this issue was done by Tom Sutton.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, or better (mainly because of a blunted spine corner). There is light blunting of the spine corners (especially the bottom corner), as well as a couple spine stress creases/ticks that barely break the ink…if at all. The front cover shows very light ink wear and bending near the bottom spine corner, as well as a very mild indentation at the top end of the Charlton ‘circle’ that doesn’t appear to break the ink. The back cover shows very little soiling in the white areas…surprisingly. The top left corner of the back cover appears to show the start of chipping on the edge, as well as a bit of paper sticking out. This could be from the production cut, but I’m not positive. The ink mark on the bottom edge of the back is definitely a production mark.

$20 shipped (or best offer)

Post 110 IP   flag post
Originally, I was going to give away this raw comic with the purchase of my CGC graded 9.8 copy. I have decided not to sell the slab, so I'm listing this in the proper thread.

Saban’s Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #1.  This comic features the 1st full appearance of the MMPR's.  This copy does come with the original bound-in White Ranger Barcode Power Up card. 

I believe this comic to be in Near Mint minus condition, or better.  This comic shows hardly any wear along the spine and no tears at the staples. There is very light blunting on the spine corners, as well as a couple of small spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.

$50 shipped(or best offer)

Post 111 IP   flag post
Strange Tales #173. This issue features the 5th appearance of Brother Voodoo, the last in Strange Tales. It also features the 1st appearance of Black Talon.

I believe this comic to be in Fine condition, or better. This comic shows very light wear on the spine, and very light stress wear at the staples. There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink…if at all. It’s hard to tell on the white background. The front cover shows some very light ink wear along the edges. There is also some sticky residue near the word ‘Tales’ that may have damaged the ink underneath. I opted NOT to try and clean this off because I don’t know how to clean and press comics. A post-it note covers the spot to keep it from sticking to the mylar bag. The back cover shows very light soiling and/or ink transfers, mostly along the spine. The back cover also has about a quarter inch tear on the bottom edge, close to the spine corner. This comic will benefit from a clean & press…in my opinion.

$45 shipped (or best offer)

Post 112 IP   flag post
1st print copy of The Death of Superman Platinum Edition trade paperback. This book is hard to find, and it reprints the entire Death of Superman story line. The book was never read…never even opened until I needed to take a photo of the page color.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine plus condition, or better. This comic shows a couple of spots of very light wear on the spine, and there are no staples to worry about. There is light blunting of the spine corners (especially the top corner, as well as a couple spine stress creases/indentations on the front cover that don’t break the ink. The front cover shows some very small, and mild, edge bends at the bottom, as well as on the bottom left corner…which is very lightly bent. That corner shows a bit of wear, but the bend doesn’t break the ink. The front cover also shows a very light ink-breaking crease near the upper right corner, as well as a couple of edge bends/blunting near the top spine corner. The back cover is in great shape except for very light ink wear near the bottom left page corner. The spine binding on both covers do not break ink because the book was never read.

$75 shipped (or best offer)

Post 113 IP   flag post
The Eternals Annual #1. This issue features the 1st appearance (and death) of Zakka, as well as the 1st appearance of Tutinax. Jack The Ripper also makes an appearance.

I believe this comic to be in Fine plus condition, give or take. This comic shows very light wear on the spine, and no tears at the staples. The staples, however, are secured inside the outer wrap and have caused indentations, ink wear, and tears on the front cover where the staples are. There is light blunting of the spine corners (especially the bottom corner), as well as a small number of spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink…if at all. It’s hard to tell on the white background. The front cover shows lightly rounded page corners, as well as some wear and a chip at the upper right page corner. The page edges of the front cover show a few areas of very light bends, with a few of them very lightly breaking the ink. The back cover shows very light soiling and/or ink transfers, mostly along the spine, as well as outward indentations at the staples inside the cover. The entire bottom right page corner of the comic has a mild bend through it that can probably be pressed out, but it does crease the corner on the back cover. Originally, this comic looked pretty good until I noticed the tears on the front cover where the staples are. I always hated when older comics like this were stapled that way.

$25 shipped (or best offer)

Post 114 IP   flag post
The Human Fly #1. This issue features the origin of The Human Fly, as well as an appearance by Spider-Man.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, or better (with a production wrinkle). If a grading company disagrees, the grade will definitely drop below an 8.0. There is very light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that barely break the ink…if at all. The page corners on both covers show very mild bends that don’t break the ink. The back cover shows what appears to be a production wrinkle, with in transfer on the inside from the opposite page. It shows through the outside of the cover, which may or may not break ink. I believe this can be pressed out, but I don’t know how much it will improve in grading.

Post 115 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Some cool comics.
Post 116 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Some cool comics.

Thank you.

Long story short, I decided this past summer to stop sending in comics for encapsulation. I'm not happy with CGC, and I don't want to switch to another company. I got so disheartened that I decided to sell of what I don't want to keep...only keeping the high value stuff or sentimental comics. Instead, I use any funds I get from selling to purchase unique or signed slabs from an earlier time. I purchased a Twisted Tales #1 signed by Richard Corben because of funds I received from selling raw books.
Post 117 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally, I was going to give away this raw comic with the purchase of my CGC graded 9.8 copy. I have decided not to sell the slab, so I'm listing this in the proper thread.

Saban’s Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #1.  This comic features the 1st full appearance of the MMPR's.  This copy does come with the original bound-in White Ranger Barcode Power Up card. 

I believe this comic to be in Near Mint minus condition, or better.  This comic shows hardly any wear along the spine and no tears at the staples. There is very light blunting on the spine corners, as well as a couple of small spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.

$50 shipped(or best offer)

SOLD TO @xvipah!! Many thanks!!
Post 118 IP   flag post
Quote:
These next few listings are for Star Wars comics that suffer from moisture damage to one degree or another. I'm not estimating any grades for them because of this, but I have tried to take pictures of the biggest defects (including moisture damage) that I could find for each issue.

Newsstand edition copy of Star Wars #34.

This comics suffers from the least amount of moisture damage of the Star Wars books I'm listing. It has occurred on the back cover, near the bottom spine corner. It has caused some wear (tough to see against the white background) as well as some light rippling and staining, which does affect the last few pages of the comic. The rest of the defects are as seen in the photos. A clean and press may help this book to a certain extent, but the grade may not improve much...in my opinion. You be the judge. I'm not the type of individual to throw away a comic book that is still intact and can be read/enjoyed by others.

Since there are three of these moisture-damaged comics, I am offering them for FREE with a raw comic purchase from this thread. It's not my intent to give away all three with one purchase, but feel free to message me and we can discuss it.

$3 shipped (or free with another raw comic purchase)

FREE TO @xvipah!! 🙂
Post 119 IP   flag post
The Human Fly #2. This issue features an appearance by Ghost Rider.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine plus condition, or better. There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that barely break the ink. The back cover shows what appears to be a couple of production wrinkles. The longest wrinkle appears to be lightly soiled…at a minimum it may break ink, but just barely. It’s hard to tell. There is very light soiling in spots along the spine on the back, as well as a couple spots of ink transfers.

$15 shipped (or best offer)

Post 120 IP   flag post
Newsstand edition copy of ROM #1. This issue features the 1st appearance AND origin of ROM.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, or better. There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a small number of spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink. The top right corner of the whole comic has a mild bend through it that can be pressed out. The bend crease here doesn’t break the ink on either cover. That back cover shows a small bend crease near the upper left corner that may or may not break the ink, as well as a small edge bend near the top spine corner that is lightly soiled. There is also a small discolored spot near the bottom spine corner on the back, which might be a stain spot, a printing defect, or foxing. I believe it to be a stain…you be the judge. There is also a very mild spine/stacking roll that can be pressed out.

$50 shipped (or best offer)

Post 121 IP   flag post
Here are some more comics I purchased brand new that I no longer wish to have encapsulated.  There's not much sales info out there (I use eBay now as a reference because I don't pay for any other services anymore).  Again, I'm selling my pile of comics that I intended to submit for grading...I'm using the funds to make other slab purchases that I want in my personal collection. 

I would prefer to sell these as a set, but I have priced them individually as well.  Please send me a message if you're interested in less than all three.

Batman: The Detective #1, Scorpion Comics/Rafael Grassetti variant covers A, B, and C.  This story takes place in future England, and it features the 1st appearance of the new Squire (Amina).  Cover A has a COA, #77 of 2800; cover B has a COA, #77 of 1400, and cover C (virgin) has a COA, #77 of 1000.  These three comics were never opened/read.  They were only handled twice…once to rebag them in mylar, the other to take photos for this listing.  They are practically perfect. 

I believe this comic to be in Near Mint plus condition, or better.  These comics show hardly any wear on the spine, and no tears at the staples.  There is very light blunting of the spine corners (mainly a bit of paper sticking out because the cover is cardstock material).  None of these comics has a single spine stress crease/tick that I can see.  All three comics show at least one very small dimple(?) that I believe to be a production defect (see photo).  I don’t know how else to classify them, and they don’t break the ink.  I do have more pics of each book, so please message me if you'd like to see them.

$75, plus shipping (all three together)

$20, plus shipping (cover A)

$30, plus shipping (cover B)

$40, plus shipping (virgin cover C)

Post 122 IP   flag post
Shogun Warriors #1. This issue begins Raydeen, Combtra, and Danguard Ace.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, or better (depending on how bad a grading company see the printing crease). There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink. The front cover shows a production printing crease just below gun in ‘Shogun’. It does lightly break the ink, but I’ve seen other copies slabbed in high grade with that same issue. The back cover shows a few spots of very light soiling and ink transfers in spots, especially near the spine. Both covers show mild indentations and/or finger-bends that can be pressed out. The printing crease is the biggest issue with this comic.

Post 123 IP   flag post
Don Pendleton’s Mack Bolan: The Executioner #1. This comic is the ‘indestructible’ variant cover. The cover is made from a tear-resistant material with a trade dress image on the front and a virgin image on the back. I don’t know about anyone else, but I read this books in my adolescent years because my mother would bring them home from the library she worked at. This is how my voracious reading habit started. I stopped reading Mack Bolan after reading my first actual novel…Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’. I still have a bunch of M.B. books in a box somewhere. They were always in paperback so they were easy to carry around.

I believe this comic to be in Near Mint condition, or better. This comic shows hardly any wear on the spine, and no tears at the staples. There is very light blunting on the bottom spine corners, as well as a couple spine stress creases/ticks that barely break the ink. My opinion on pressing this book is....don't. I think the tear-resistant material could be faded by heat, or even melt. I'm not a pressing expert, so don't quote me on this.

$15 shipped (or best offer)

Post 124 IP   flag post
Newsstand edition copy of Marvel Premiere #61, featuring Star-Lord (Peter Quill). This is the final issue in the series.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine plus condition, or better. This comic shows hardly any wear on the spine, and no tears at the staples. There is light chipping of the top spine corner (corner blunting is very minimal), as well as a few small spine stress creases/ticks that barely break the ink. The front cover shows a couple of very light finger-bends/indentations that don’t break the ink. They can be pressed out. The back cover shows a couple of small ink transfer spots near the top page edge. This is a good-looking comic book.

$15 shipped

Post 125 IP   flag post
Newsstand edition copy of Marvel Spotlight #7 (volume 2). This issue features Star-Lord, with work by Frank Miller.

I believe this comic to be in Fine/Very Fine condition, or better. This comic shows very light wear on the spine, and no tears at the staples. There is light blunting of the spine corners (both corners are slightly bent), as well as a small number of spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink. The front cover shows very light soiling near the bottom staple, as well as small ink-breaking creases/bends on both bottom corners, as well as the upper right corner. That same corner also shows a larger bend crease that doesn’t appear to break the ink. The back cover shows bends and/or creases near the same corners that may or may not break ink. It’s hard to tell against the white background. The back cover also shows very light soiling near the spine and very light ink transfers along the top edge.

$15 shipped

Post 126 IP   flag post
Marvel Two-In-One #41. This issue features appearances by The Thing, Black Panther, and Brother Voodoo.

I believe this comic to be in Fine/Very Fine condition, or better. This comic shows very light wear on the spine, and no tears at the staples. There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a small number of spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink. The front cover shows a mild edge bend at the top that very lightly breaks the ink. The back cover shows some light soiling and/or ink transfers in spots on the white background, as well as some light edge bends on the bottom. A clean/press will help this comic some.

$10 shipped

Post 127 IP   flag post
Direct edition copy of The Savage She-Hulk #3. This issue features the 1st appearance, and death, of Weasel.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, or better. There is very light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that barely break the ink. The back cover shows a sliver of very light discoloration along the top edge that could be tanning (difficult to see). The bottom spine corner of the whole book shows a very mild bend that barely breaks the ink on either cover. It can be pressed out.

$10 shipped

Post 128 IP   flag post
Direct edition copy of The Savage She-Hulk #4.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine plus condition, or better. There is very light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a couple spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink. The front cover shows very minute wear in spots along the spine, as well as a small ink-breaking crease on the lower right corner. The back cover shows some very light soiling along the spine and the bottom left corner.

$10 shipped

Post 129 IP   flag post
Collector Hexigore private msg quote post Address this user
@Galen130
Just wanted to say THANKS! for the House of Mystery 211! It is exactly as described and arrived safely and quickly! Thanks for a great deal! I’ll be sure to watch this thread for more great books!!
Post 130 IP   flag post
598081 224 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.