Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
For SaleRaw Comics For Sale

Raw Comics For Sale--Fillers, Runs, Drek!! Mostly Modern, some CA/BA/SA!!15615

I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
All-Star Batman #11, Rafael Albuquerque ‘Batman’ variant.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, or better. There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as one or two spine stress creases/ticks that don’t appear to break the ink. The back cover shows a vertical stacking bend/crease, or possible a mild ‘cut’ into the cover closer to the top and bottom near the spine. It appears to barely break the ink, especially on the bottom. It looks almost like a cut made by someone opening the package containing these books. It’s hard to know for sure. I’m knocking the grade estimate down on this one.

$3 shipped (or free with another purchase in this thread...just mention it)

Post 76 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
All-Star Batman #12, Rafael Albuquerque ‘Bleeding Batman’ variant.

I believe this comic to be in Near Mint condition, or better. There is very light blunting of the spine corners, but there are no spine stress creases/ticks to speak of. The back cover shows a very small edge bend on the top edge, center, that doesn’t appear to break the ink. I believe it can be pressed out. The front cover has about an inch long vertical indentation at the top, center, of the edge. It doesn’t break the ink and will probably press out.

$6 shipped

Post 77 IP   flag post
Well, that's all I have for All Star Batman drek. Remember, offers are welcome...message me.

I do happen to have a couple CGC 9.9 All Star Batman slabs in my other thread. If anyone is interested, please message me. Thanks for looking, and thanks to all you folks that purchased something. It is greatly appreciated!!!
Post 78 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Got the Chamber of Darkness in last week. Looks exactly as advertised and was packaged exceptionally well.

Thanks, man.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xvipah
Got the Chamber of Darkness in last week. Looks exactly as advertised and was packaged exceptionally well.

Thanks, man.

Thank you much for the positive waves!! I’m glad you like it. 👍🖖🙂
Post 80 IP   flag post

CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I got my books today @Galen130. I will say I have another outlet for trustworthy raw grading. Thank you!
Post 81 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
I got my books today @Galen130. I will say I have another outlet for trustworthy raw grading. Thank you!

A pleasure, my friend. Thanks so much for the feedback!! 😃😃😃
Post 82 IP   flag post
The Tomb of Dracula #3. This issue features the 1st appearance of Rachel Van Helsing.

I believe this comic to be in Fine condition, or there about. This comic shows hardly any wear on the spine, and no tears at the staples. There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a number of spine stress creases/ticks…with a small number that very lightly break the ink. The front cover does show a couple areas of light ink-breaking wear, as well as a few mild bend creases that very lightly break the ink, especially at the top edge. One of those mild bends does have a small tear at the edge…about 1/8th of an inch. The back cover is in a bit better shape than the front, although it does suffer from mild tanning. There is light soiling along the spine, as well as a small stain near the top spine corner, which I believe may clean off because I can feel it. The bottom spine corner shows a mild bend through the whole book. I believe this comic will benefit from a clean/press, but only moderately at best. This is my opinion, of course.

$65 shipped (or best offer)

Post 83 IP   flag post
The Avengers #125. This issue features an appearance by Thanos, along with Black Panther and Scarlet Witch.

I believe this comic to be in Fine condition, or better. This comic shows some light wear on the spine, and no tears at the staples. There is light blunting of the spine corners (especially the top corner), as well as a small number of spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink. Both covers show a few very light dings/finger bends that don’t break the ink. The back cover shows some light soiling, especially along the spine. The top spine corner shows a small split, about 1/4 of an inch. This book would benefit somewhat from a clean/press…in my opinion.

$25 shipped (or best offer)

Post 84 IP   flag post
Detective Comics #355. This issue features an appearance by The Hangman, as well as Zatanna and Elongated Man.

I believe this comic to be in Fine condition, give or take. This comic shows hardly any wear on the spine, and no tears at the staples. There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink. The front cover shows some light ink wear along the spine, as well as a light, ink-breaking crease at the bottom right corner. The back cover shows a couple of small tears on the left edge…one that is about a half inch long. There is also a mild bend in the upper left corner that may or may not break the ink. It’s tough to tell. The back cover also shows mild soiling, especially along the spine. This comic would benefit somewhat from a clean/press…in my opinion.

$40 shipped (or best offer)

Post 85 IP   flag post
Detective Comics #404, Neal Adams cover. This issue features a tribute to Enemy Ace, as well as an appearance by Batgirl.

I believe this comic to be in Fine plus condition, give or take. This comic shows hardly any wear on the spine, and no tears at the staples. There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a small number of spine stress creases/ticks…with a few that very lightly break the ink. The front cover shows some very light ink wear in spots along the spine, as well as light ink-breaking creases on both page corners…as well as the right page edge. The back cover shows light soiling and/or ink transfers that will clean off to one degree or another.

$60 shipped (or best offer)

Post 86 IP   flag post
The House of Mystery #211. This issue features work by Bernie Wrightson.

I believe this comic to be in Fine condition, or better. This comic shows light wear on the spine, and no tears at the staples. The light wear on the spine is more like small bits of paper missing in a few spots. There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink. The front cover shows light ink-breaking creases on all corners except the top spine corner. There are some light edge bends on the right side that very lightly break the ink as well. The back cover shows some light soiling and/or ink transfers. The bottom spine corner shows a light stain that goes through the back cover and into the last couple of pages. There is also a mild spine roll that can be pressed out. The bottom page corner of the entire comic shows a mild bend that can be pressed out. The entire top of the comic appears to have suffered from more tanning than the rest of the pages…maybe dust shadowing. You can see this on the front cover as well as the interior pages. A clean/press will help this book some.

$30 shipped (or best offer)

Post 87 IP   flag post
Marvel Feature #4. This issue re-introduces Ant Man in his 1st appearance since the 1960’s, as well as a brief origin story. Spider-Man makes an appearance as well.

I believe this comic to be in Very Good condition, or better. There is blunting of the spine corners, as well as a number of spine stress creases/ticks that lightly break the ink. The front cover shows light ink-breaking creases on all corners, as well as some light edge bends on the top, bottom, and right edges that lightly break the ink as well. The bottom right corner shows a small piece of paper that is close to coming off. The entire cover page does shift slightly at the staples, but is securely attached. The back cover shows some light soiling as well as tanning.

$25 shipped (or best offer)

Post 88 IP   flag post
Marvel Premiere #2. This issue features the 2nd appearance of Adam Warlock, as well as the 1st appearance of the Hounds of Helios. It also features a reprint of Jack Kirby’s ‘Yellow Claw’ from 1956.

I believe this comic to be in Fine/Very Fine condition, give or take. This comic shows very light wear on the spine, and one small tear at the top of the bottom staple. There is blunting of the spine corners, as well as a number of spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink. The front cover shows very light ink-breaking creases on all corners except for the bottom spine corner. The front cover also shows a tear on the bottom edge that is about 1/4 of an inch, as well as light bends/creases near the tear. Both covers show very light soiling and/or ink transfers, as well as very light tanning. This tanning could be mainly from being dirty…it’s hard to tell.

Post 89 IP   flag post
Marvel Team-Up #15. This issue features the 1st appearance of Spider-Man and Ghost Rider teaming up, as well as the 1st appearance and origin of The Orb.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine minus condition, or better. This comic shows hardly any wear on the spine, and no tears at the staples. There is blunting of the spine corners (especially the bottom corner), as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that barely break the ink. The entire top spine corner of the comic has a mild bend through it that very lightly breaks the ink on the front cover. The back cover shows a mild finger-bend near the top page edge (center), as well as some very light soiling in spots along the spine. This comic will improve with a solid clean/press…in my opinion.

$60 shipped (or best offer)

Post 90 IP   flag post
Here's another copy of Marvel Team-Up #15. This issue features the 1st appearance of Spider-Man and Ghost Rider teaming up, as well as the 1st appearance and origin of The Orb.

I believe this comic to be in Fine condition, or better. This comic shows hardly any wear on the spine, and no tears at the staples. There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a number of spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink. Some of these creases actually look a bit like wrinkling, especially on the front cover. The front cover shows some areas of light finger bends and/or indentations that don’t break the ink, as well as some very light ink wear on the top spine corner and a small bend at the top right corner that very lightly breaks the ink. The back cover also has a few spots of bends/indentations that don’t break the ink, as well as some light ink transfers and soiling. There is a spine roll that can be pressed out.

Post 91 IP   flag post
Marvel Two-In-One #8. This issue features appearances by Ghost Rider, The Thing and the Fantastic Four.

I believe this comic to be in Fine condition, give or take. This comic shows hardly any wear on the spine, and no tears at the staples. There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a number of spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink. The front cover shows some areas of light finger bends and/or indentations that don’t break the ink, as well as some light ink wear along the spine and the right page edge…especially the upper right corner. The back cover also has a few spots of bends/indentations that don’t break the ink, as well as some light soiling. The bottom page corner has a bit of paper missing. A clean/press will help this comic some.

$20 shipped (or best offer)

Post 92 IP   flag post
Master of Kung Fu #17. This issue features the 3rd appearance of Shang Chi, as well as the 1st appearance of Black Jack Tarr.

I believe this comic to be in Fine condition, or better. This comic shows light wear on the spine, and no tears at the staples. There is light blunting of the spine corners (especially the bottom corner), as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink. The front cover shows some areas of light ink rubs/wear in spots along the spine, as well as a mild bend near the bottom right corner that very lightly breaks the ink. The back cover shows light soiling all around, as well as a small edge bend near the upper left corner. A clean/press will help this comic some.

$50 shipped (or best offer)

Post 93 IP   flag post
Collector Hexigore private msg quote post Address this user
Ill take the House of Mystery 211 and the Shogun. Thanks!
Post 94 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galen130
The House of Mystery #211. This issue features work by Bernie Wrightson.

I believe this comic to be in Fine condition, or better. This comic shows light wear on the spine, and no tears at the staples. The light wear on the spine is more like small bits of paper missing in a few spots. There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink. The front cover shows light ink-breaking creases on all corners except the top spine corner. There are some light edge bends on the right side that very lightly break the ink as well. The back cover shows some light soiling and/or ink transfers. The bottom spine corner shows a light stain that goes through the back cover and into the last couple of pages. There is also a mild spine roll that can be pressed out. The bottom page corner of the entire comic shows a mild bend that can be pressed out. The entire top of the comic appears to have suffered from more tanning than the rest of the pages…maybe dust shadowing. You can see this on the front cover as well as the interior pages. A clean/press will help this book some.

SOLD TO @Hexigore!! Much appreciated!!! 😃😃
Post 95 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galen130
Shogun Warriors #2, Whitman variant. This book has some issues, as seen in the pics. I had this book when I was a kid, so it has survived for more than 40 years. There is a corner missing on the back cover, there are a few edge tears, and the front cover shows some spine creases/tears. The centerfold is no longer attached, but it's still with the book. The front cover is still attached, even though the staple areas look rough.

This comic isn't valuable as is, but it's a Whitman. It's a great filler too, even in it's current condition.

$2, or FREE with another purchase from this thread. Just let me know.

FREE TO @Hexigore!! Thanks again!!! 🖖👍
Post 96 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexigore
Ill take the House of Mystery 211 and the Shogun. Thanks!
nice choice on the Berni. I looked at it and looked at it.
Post 97 IP   flag post
The Shadow #1 (1973). This issue is the 1st appearance of The Shadow in DC comics, featuring the start of works done by Michael Kaluta.

I believe this comic to be in Fine/Very Fine condition, or better. This comic shows very light wear on the spine, and no tears at the staples. There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a handful of spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink. The front cover’s page corners show light rounding and/or small bend creases that very lightly break the ink, as well as a bigger crease near the ‘20c’ at the upper right corner that barely breaks the ink. The back cover shows a finger bend(?) near above the second boy’s backpack that very lightly breaks the ink, as well as a small spot of ink loss near his face. The back cover also shows some very light soiling along the spine. Both covers have mild finger-bends and indentations throughout that can be pressed out. There is also a mild spine roll. This comic will benefit from a clean & press.

Post 98 IP   flag post
Strange Tales #170. This issue features the 2nd appearance of Brother Voodoo, as well as the 1st appearance of Bambu. Here’s some interesting info I found on comics.org about the front cover. It’s possible that Steve Mitchell gets inker credit per Nick Caputo (July 2012), per ‘original’ art seen in the Comic Art Gallery. The front cover has an "M" near Brother Voodoo's right foot. Nick Caputo suspects the inks may be the work of Steve Mitchell, who inked Kane in Marvel Team-Up # 4. Nick also explains that the inking here looks more detailed and different than that of other Dick Giordano inked covers. Mitchell was Giordano's assistant for a time and worked for ‘continuity’, so this may either be an all-Mitchell ink job (the inking does look similar to his work on Marvel Team-Up) or Mitchell assisting Giordano.

I believe this comic to be in Fine/Very Fine condition, or better. This comic shows hardly any wear on the spine, and no tears at the staples. There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a small number of spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink. The front cover shows lightly rounded page corners, as well as a small bend through the upper right corner that very lightly breaks the ink on the front. In this same area is what appears to be light ‘blue’ ink transfer, but this could also be a production defect. The back cover shows very light soiling and/or ink transfers along all four edges, especially the spine and left page edge. Both covers show very small ‘chips’ in the bottom edges, but this could be the usual production defect for these older comics. The entire comic has an impact bend near the bottom page corner that lightly breaks the ink on the front cover. It’s tough to see if the ink is broken in the same area on the back cover, which does show light soiling. This comic will benefit from a clean & press…in my opinion.

$75 shipped (or best offer)

Post 99 IP   flag post
Collector Hexigore private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad Thanks. Yeah, I'm a sucker for Classic DC Horror and Bernie Wrightson.
Post 100 IP   flag post
Okay, gang...I'm going to stop listing until next week. I have a Modern Age sales thread somewhere else that I've been neglecting since before Thanksgiving. It needs my undivided attention for a few days. I may also have a couple more slabs I will add to my CGC sales thread here...I just have to decide which, if at all. Thanks again to all who've made purchases here!! You are greatly appreciated!!
Post 101 IP   flag post
These next few listings are for Star Wars comics that suffer from moisture damage to one degree or another. I'm not estimating any grades for them because of this, but I have tried to take pictures of the biggest defects (including moisture damage) that I could find for each issue.

Newsstand edition copy of Star Wars #34.

This comics suffers from the least amount of moisture damage of the Star Wars books I'm listing. It has occurred on the back cover, near the bottom spine corner. It has caused some wear (tough to see against the white background) as well as some light rippling and staining, which does affect the last few pages of the comic. The rest of the defects are as seen in the photos. A clean and press may help this book to a certain extent, but the grade may not improve much...in my opinion. You be the judge. I'm not the type of individual to throw away a comic book that is still intact and can be read/enjoyed by others.

Since there are three of these moisture-damaged comics, I am offering them for FREE with a raw comic purchase from this thread. It's not my intent to give away all three with one purchase, but feel free to message me and we can discuss it.

$3 shipped (or free with another raw comic purchase)

Post 102 IP   flag post
Newsstand edition copy of Star Wars: Return of the Jedi #2 (limited series).

This issue suffers from quite a bit of moisture damage and staining, which affects the interior pages to one degree or another. A few pics were taken of other defects, but they pale in comparison to the moisture damage and staining. The comic is complete.

$3 shipped (or free with a raw comic purchase)

Post 103 IP   flag post
Newsstand edition copy of Star Wars: Return of the Jedi #3 (limited series)

This issue suffers pretty much the same type of moisture damage as issue #2...almost identical. The interior pages are affected as well, again from minimal to major. The book is complete.

$3 shipped (or free with a raw comic purchase)

Post 104 IP   flag post
Strange Tales #171. This issue features the 3rd appearance of Brother Voodoo.

I believe this comic to be in Fine minus condition, or better. This comic shows hardly any wear on the spine, and very light stress wear at the staples. There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a small number of spine stress creases/ticks that lightly break the ink. The front cover shows lightly rounded page corners, which also show small bend creases that lightly break the ink. The front cover shows a decent spine roll, as well as ink-breaking creases along the spine itself. The back cover shows light soiling and/or ink transfers along all four edges. Both covers show very mild wear along the top and bottom edges, as well as some very light ink breakage. This comic will benefit from a clean & press…in my opinion.

Post 105 IP   flag post
600906 224 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.