Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
For SaleRaw Comics For Sale

Raw Comics For Sale--Fillers, Runs, Drek!! Mostly Modern, some CA/BA/SA!!15615

I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
All-Star Batman #2, Jock variant. This issue features appearances by Killer Croc and Beast.

I believe this comic to be in Near Mint condition, or better. There is light blunting of the spine corners, but there are no spine stress crease/ticks to speak of. The back cover shows a very light, but small, ink rub/ding below the bottom staple.

$6 shipped

Post 51 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
All-Star Batman #2, John Romita, Jr./Danny Miki ‘Batman & Two-Face’ variant. This issue features appearances by Killer Croc and Beast.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine/Near Mint condition, or better. There is light blunting of the spine corners, but there are no spine stress crease/ticks to speak of, except for one large one on the back cover that very lightly breaks the ink. Pressing this will help.

$3 shipped

Post 52 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galen130
Chamber

Sold to @xvipah!! Many thanks!!

Post 53 IP   flag post
Quote:
Chamber of Darkness #1

This issue features the 1st appearance of Headstone P. Gravely. I believe this comic to be in Very Good plus condition, or better. This comic shows light wear along the spine and minimal wear at the staples. There is light blunting on the spine corners, as well as a number of spine stress creases/ticks that lightly break the ink. Both covers shows one or two ‘cuts’ or creases that penetrate into the page, but do not affect the inside pages. The one on the front cover does lightly break the ink. The front cover shows light wear along the spine, while the front cover shows a mild moisture stain near the bottom edge.

$20, plus shipping

Sold to @xvipah!! Many thanks!!

Post 54 IP   flag post
Whoops!!! It's been so long since I sold something that I forgot how to quote a post properly!!!

Post 55 IP   flag post

All-Star Batman #3.

I believe this comic to be in Near Mint condition, or better. There is light blunting of the spine corners, but there are no spine stress crease/ticks to speak of. The spine corners are a tad frayed, but that’s not uncommon for card stock covers. My grade estimate might be a bit conservative because of the spine corners...better safe than sorry.

$6 shipped

Post 56 IP   flag post
All-Star Batman #3. This copy is the Jock variant cover.

I believe this comic to be in Near Mint minus condition, or better. There is very light blunting of the spine corners, as well as about a half dozen small spine stress creases/ticks. One or two of them may just barely break the ink…it’s hard to see. A press would probably bump the grade up. The spine corners are a tad frayed, but that’s not uncommon for card stock covers. These corners are a bit better looking than the previous listing.

$5 shipped

Post 57 IP   flag post
All-Star Batman #3. This copy is the Declan Shalvey variant cover.

I believe this comic to be in Near Mint condition, or better. There is light blunting of the spine corners, but there are no spine stress creases/ticks to speak of. The spine corners are a tad frayed, but that’s not uncommon for card stock covers. The one thing I do see is what appears to be a spine binding (like on a hard cover book, or prestige format comic) that is perfectly vertical and symmetrical along the length of the spine, about a quarter inch to the right…front cover. I haven’t seen this kind of defect (?) before on a card stock cover, but it’s too pretty and perfect to be anything but a production issue. I don’t know for sure. Oh, and it doesn’t break the ink that I can see. Anyone with insight on this, please feel free to comment in the thread. I’ve lowered my grade estimate for this comic, just to be safe.

$6 shipped

Post 58 IP   flag post
Here are a couple Copper Age books I've decided to part with. I've had them since I was a kid. Back then, comics like this were a lot creepier to a 12/13 year old kid then they are to the old man today.

Twisted Tales #1 and #2 (limited series). Issue #1 contains work done by Richard Corben, while issue #2 contains work by Bernie Wrightson and Mike Ploog. I would prefer to sell these two comics together, but if only one issue is needed, please message me and we'll discuss it.

I believe these comics to be in Very Fine condition, or better. These comics show hardly any wear on the spines and no tears at the staples. Both comics have light to very light blunting on the spine corners. Issue #1 has one noticeable spine stress crease/tick that barely breaks the ink on the front cover, while also having mild soil or scuff spots near the top edge. I can’t tell for sure what those are (see pic), but they almost look like they would clean off. I could be wrong. The back cover shows light soiling/ink transfers mainly along the spine. There is a very subtle spine/stacking roll that can be pressed out.

Issue #2 has a couple spine creases on the front cover that can be pressed out…they barely break the ink. The back cover also has similar spots like issue #1, except they actually appear to be ink scuffs...or maybe just light soiling. There are very light ink rubs in spots along the spine though. One picture shows the page color, which is the same for both copies.

I'd like to think I'm being conservative in my grade estimates, but if more pics are required...no problem. Feel free to ask me questions too.

$20 shipped (both comics)

Post 59 IP   flag post
All-Star Batman #4

I believe this comic to be in Near Mint condition, or better. There is very light blunting of the spine corners, but there are no spine stress crease/ticks to speak of. The back cover shows a very mild stacking indentation along the spine that can be pressed out.

$6 shipped

Post 60 IP   flag post
All-Star Batman #4. This copy is the Jock variant.

I believe this comic to be in Near Mint minus, or better. There is very light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a couple spine stress creases/ticks that barely break the ink. The back cover shows a very mild stacking indentation along the spine that can be pressed out.

$5 shipped

Post 61 IP   flag post
All-Star Batman #4. This copy is the Declan Shalvey variant.

I believe this comic to be in Near Mint condition, or better. There is very light blunting of the spine corners, but there are no spine stress creases to speak of. The back cover shows a very mild stacking indentation along the spine that can be pressed out.

$6 shipped

Post 62 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I’d like to claim the twisted tales please.
Post 63 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
I’d like to claim the twisted tales please.

Done!! Thank you, my friend!

Post 64 IP   flag post
Quote:
Here are a couple Copper Age books I've decided to part with. I've had them since I was a kid. Back then, comics like this were a lot creepier to a 12/13 year old kid then they are to the old man today.

Twisted Tales #1 and #2 (limited series). Issue #1 contains work done by Richard Corben, while issue #2 contains work by Bernie Wrightson and Mike Ploog. I would prefer to sell these two comics together, but if only one issue is needed, please message me and we'll discuss it.

I believe these comics to be in Very Fine condition, or better. These comics show hardly any wear on the spines and no tears at the staples. Both comics have light to very light blunting on the spine corners. Issue #1 has one noticeable spine stress crease/tick that barely breaks the ink on the front cover, while also having mild soil or scuff spots near the top edge. I can’t tell for sure what those are (see pic), but they almost look like they would clean off. I could be wrong. The back cover shows light soiling/ink transfers mainly along the spine. There is a very subtle spine/stacking roll that can be pressed out.

Issue #2 has a couple spine creases on the front cover that can be pressed out…they barely break the ink. The back cover also has similar spots like issue #1, except they actually appear to be ink scuffs...or maybe just light soiling. There are very light ink rubs in spots along the spine though. One picture shows the page color, which is the same for both copies.

I'd like to think I'm being conservative in my grade estimates, but if more pics are required...no problem. Feel free to ask me questions too.

$20 shipped (both comics)

Sold to HeinzDad!! Many thanks!!
Post 65 IP   flag post
All-Star Batman #5, Jock variant. This issue features appearances by Two-Face and Penguin.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine/Near Mint condition, or better. There is very light blunting of the spine corners, but there are no spine stress crease/ticks to speak of. The back cover shows a very mild indentation to the left of the spine that is lightly creased closer to the spine. It’s difficult to see whether or not the ink is broken. The indentation extends horizontally from there. There is also a peculiar circle indentation near the top edge of the back…very light. I don’t know where this comes from, but I believe that both defects will press out. I don’t believe these are production defects, but who knows. If they benefit from a press, I think the comic has a chance at a Near Mint grade, if not better. The next two listings show similar defects as well.

$4 shipped

Post 66 IP   flag post
All-Star Batman #5, John Romita, Jr. variant. This issue features appearances by Two-Face and Penguin.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine/Near Mint condition, or better. There is very light blunting of the spine corners, but there are no spine stress crease/ticks to speak of. The back cover shows a very mild indentation to the left of the spine that is lightly creased closer to the spine. It’s difficult to see whether or not the ink is broken. The indentation extends horizontally from there. There is also a peculiar circle indentation near the top edge of the back…very light. I don’t know where this comes from, but I believe that both defects will press out. I don’t believe these are production defects, but who knows. If they benefit from a press, I think the comic has a chance at a Near Mint grade, if not better. Please see the pictures of the defects in the issue #5 Jock variant listing above.

$4 shipped

Post 67 IP   flag post
All-Star Batman #5, Declan Shalvey variant. This issue features appearances by Two-Face and Penguin.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine/Near Mint condition, or better. There is very light blunting of the spine corners, but there are no spine stress crease/ticks to speak of. The back cover shows a very mild indentation to the left of the spine that is lightly creased closer to the spine. It’s difficult to see whether or not the ink is broken. The indentation extends horizontally from there. There is also a peculiar circle indentation near the top edge of the back…very light. I don’t know where this comes from, but I believe that both defects will press out. I don’t believe these are production defects, but who knows. If they benefit from a press, I think the comic has a chance at a Near Mint grade, if not better. Please see the pictures of the defects in the issue #5 Jock variant listing above.

$4 shipped

Post 68 IP   flag post
Amazing Spider-Man #140. This issue features the 1st appearance of Gloria Grant, as well as appearances by Grizzly and the Jackal.

I believe this comic to be in Fine/Very Fine condition, or better. This comic shows hardly any wear on the spine, and no tears at the staples. There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that barely break the ink. The front cover shows staining near the upper right corner, in the 25c box that you can actually feel. This is some kind of foreign substance that I believe can be cleaned off. The back cover shows numerous areas of light soiling and/or ink transfers that should clean up fairly well…perhaps not completely. Looks can be deceiving, but there isn’t any moisture damage, just soiling. Both covers have a few mild indentations, bends, or bumps that can be pressed out. Again, it is my opinion that this comic will benefit greatly from a clean and press. I will provide more pics if requested.

$40 shipped (or best offer)

Post 69 IP   flag post
Direct edition copy of Amazing Spider-Man #258. This issue features the 1st appearance of the Amazing Bag-Man costume, as well as appearances of both red and black costumes. The black suit is revealed to be the Symbiote by Reed Richards.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, or better. This comic shows hardly any wear on the spine, and no tears at the staples. There is very light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a small number of spine stress creases/ticks…with a few that very lightly break the ink. The back cover also shows some mild wrinkling/waviness near the bottom spine corner. These can be pressed out. There are a few spots on the back cover, to the right of the guy’s head and near the top spine corner, that look to be production defects. The entire comic will benefit from a press. I can provide more pictures if requested.

$20 shipped (or best offer)

Post 70 IP   flag post
Black Panther #6. This issue features the 1st appearance of General Jakarra, as well as N’Gassi.

I believe this comic to be in Fine condition, or better. This comic shows hardly any wear on the spine, and no tears at the staples. There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a handful of spine stress creases/ticks that barely break the ink. There is a sizeable spine crease on the front cover that definitely breaks the ink. The back cover shows some light soiling along the spine, as well as a spot near the left page edge closer to the bottom corner. There is also a tear on the bottom edge of the back cover. It starts on the edge and curves to the left. It is still being held to the cover by about a 1/8” to 1/4” bit of paper. It is being handled delicately. Just above the tear is another soil spot that can be felt. It should clean off nicely. There is a small chunk of paper missing from the bottom spine corner, which also shows a mild bend through the book…very lightly breaking the ink on the front cover. One picture shows the color of the pages against a white background, which I believe to be cream to tan. More pictures can be provided on request.

$15 shipped (or best offer)

Post 71 IP   flag post
Quote:
Direct edition copy of Amazing Spider-Man #258. This issue features the 1st appearance of the Amazing Bag-Man costume, as well as appearances of both red and black costumes. The black suit is revealed to be the Symbiote by Reed Richards.

$20 shipped (or best offer)

Quote:
Black Panther #6. This issue features the 1st appearance of General Jakarra, as well as N’Gassi.

$15 shipped (or best offer)

BOTH BOOKS SOLD TO @HeinzDad!! Many, many thanks!!
Post 72 IP   flag post
All-Star Batman #6

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine/Near Mint condition, or better. There is light blunting of the spine corners (especially the bottom corner), but there are no spine stress crease/ticks to speak of. The back cover shows a very small tear in the cardstock paper at the bottom spine corner. It is NOT a spine split…at least to my eyes. There are also a few very light ink rubs along the spine near the top spine corner, including on the spine itself. The front cover shows a very mild stacking roll/indentation along the spine, which can be pressed out.

$4 shipped

Post 73 IP   flag post
All-Star Batman #6, Francesco Francavilla variant.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine/Near Mint condition, or better. There is light blunting of the spine corners (especially the top corner), as well as one spine stress crease on the front cover that may or may not break the ink. The back cover shows a few very light ink rubs along the spine near the top spine corner, as well as some kind of smudge or scuff near the bottom edge (see pic). There are a couple very minor edge bends on the bottom of the back cover as well. The front cover shows a very mild stacking roll/indentation along the spine, which can be pressed out.

$4 shipped

Post 74 IP   flag post
All-Star Batman #6, Jock ‘Snowsuit’ variant.

I believe this comic to be in Near Mint minus condition, or better. There is light blunting of the top spine corner, as well as one or two spine stress creases/ticks on the back cover that don’t appear to break the ink. The back cover shows a very light ink rub along the spine near the top spine corner. The front cover shows an almost imperceptible stacking roll/indentation along the spine, which can be pressed out. It’s can be seen on the lower portion of the cover.

$5 shipped

Post 75 IP   flag post
All-Star Batman #11, Rafael Albuquerque ‘Batman’ variant.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, or better. There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as one or two spine stress creases/ticks that don’t appear to break the ink. The back cover shows a vertical stacking bend/crease, or possible a mild ‘cut’ into the cover closer to the top and bottom near the spine. It appears to barely break the ink, especially on the bottom. It looks almost like a cut made by someone opening the package containing these books. It’s hard to know for sure. I’m knocking the grade estimate down on this one.

$3 shipped (or free with another purchase in this thread...just mention it)

Post 76 IP   flag post
All-Star Batman #12, Rafael Albuquerque ‘Bleeding Batman’ variant.

I believe this comic to be in Near Mint condition, or better. There is very light blunting of the spine corners, but there are no spine stress creases/ticks to speak of. The back cover shows a very small edge bend on the top edge, center, that doesn’t appear to break the ink. I believe it can be pressed out. The front cover has about an inch long vertical indentation at the top, center, of the edge. It doesn’t break the ink and will probably press out.

$6 shipped

Post 77 IP   flag post
Well, that's all I have for All Star Batman drek. Remember, offers are welcome...message me.

I do happen to have a couple CGC 9.9 All Star Batman slabs in my other thread. If anyone is interested, please message me. Thanks for looking, and thanks to all you folks that purchased something. It is greatly appreciated!!!
Post 78 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Got the Chamber of Darkness in last week. Looks exactly as advertised and was packaged exceptionally well.

Thanks, man.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xvipah
Got the Chamber of Darkness in last week. Looks exactly as advertised and was packaged exceptionally well.

Thanks, man.

Thank you much for the positive waves!! I’m glad you like it. 👍🖖🙂
Post 80 IP   flag post
600803 224 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.